Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Been a while.

Been a while.
Hey guys, I'm back.

So what happened is that I had to take a few tumbles to realize that I'm an alcoholic, more in point, an addict. Almost brought my life to cinders before the denial started to break. I had to go to rehab, 6 month clean and sober and counting. Right now I am in halfway stage and have access to the mobile.

Found a new way of life and working my way in recovery. Anyway, glad to return, How have you guys been?

Been a while.
Welcome back. I’m not sure if I was around when you were a member but hi  Smile and Congrats on your sobriety.
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Been a while.
I am doing well, and happy for you. I gave up drink 30 years ago, and have some understanding and compassion for what you have been through.
I did not have a drinking problem, I had a stopping problem. Drinking I could do.
test signature
The following 4 users Like skyking's post:
  • Unsapien, Fireball, Kim, GenesisNemesis

Been a while.
Good to see you back here mate, and even better to hear about the positive
turnaround with your lifestyle.  Keep up the good work!      Cheers.     Thumbs Up
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Unsapien

Been a while.
Hello again. You're not alone.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 1 user Likes Unsapien's post:
  • skyking

Been a while.
Espero que tudo melhore para ti!

Here's to hot chocolate Shy

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Aroura, skyking

Been a while.
Welcome back!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Been a while.
Welcome back, bud, and good work with your sobriety. Keep on keepin' on.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking

Been a while.
Welcome back! Congratulations on your sobriety! Sounds like you're on the right track. Hug
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • skyking

Been a while.
Yay, I wondered what had happened to you. Welcome back and congratulations, not an easy feat to beat addiction. Go Poet!
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • skyking

Been a while.
Good job getting clean, LastPoet - glad to see you back! Smile

Been a while.
Yabbut who're you again?  Tongue
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Fireball, Kim, skyking

Been a while.
Welcome back and congratulations on your recovery.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • skyking

Been a while.
Thanks guys. Funny part is that I am on a 12 step program. I was wrong about that, you don't have to believe in gods. To be honest I had a lot of pressuppositions about that.

Denial is a very powerful thing.
The following 9 users Like LastPoet's post:
  • Dom, Deesse23, Kim, GenesisNemesis, Unsapien, skyking, emjay, Aliza, SYZ

Been a while.
Hug
Congratz on the courage to admit and face your problem LP! You are on the right path.  You've been much missed, but RL is always first, and I'm glad you're back!
Shoot me aPM if you'd like to chat.
The following 2 users Like Aroura's post:
  • emjay, Aliza

Been a while.
Hey LP, good to see you again Smile ... missed you Hug
The following 2 users Like emjay's post:
  • Aliza, Fireball

Been a while.
(04-21-2021, 07:26 AM)emjay Wrote: Hey LP, good to see you again  Smile ... missed you  Hug

You've been kind of scarce, yourself!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Been a while.
(04-21-2021, 01:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 07:26 AM)emjay Wrote: Hey LP, good to see you again  Smile ... missed you  Hug

Hi Fireball, good to see you too Smile But yeah, sorry, I'm just not that much into forums these days. I pop in from time to time or occasionally lurk or play the odd game of Mafia, but my main reason for joining this sort of site in the first place (AF) was to work through my issues leaving Christianity and becoming a stronger atheist by debating/arguing with theists. But at some point I felt I'd reached my destination on that score and no longer needed it. Now to be honest it just feels futile, depressing, and often angering to argue religion, so it doesn't really interest me any more. But it is nice to drop in every now and then just to see you guys and catch up Smile
The following 4 users Like emjay's post:
  • Dom, Kim, Fireball, skyking

Been a while.
(04-21-2021, 02:10 PM)emjay Wrote:
(04-21-2021, 01:15 PM)Fireball Wrote:

Hi Fireball, good to see you too Smile But yeah, sorry, I'm just not that much into forums these days. I pop in from time to time or occasionally lurk or play the odd game of Mafia, but my main reason for joining this sort of site in the first place (AF) was to work through my issues leaving Christianity and becoming a stronger atheist by debating/arguing with theists. But at some point I felt I'd reached my destination on that score and no longer needed it. Now to be honest it just feels futile, depressing, and often angering to argue religion, so it doesn't really interest me any more. But it is nice to drop in every now and then just to see you guys and catch up Smile

Indeed! I was quite the firebrand when I first reasoned my way out of the bag, but I don't waste any time with xtians and "dialog". It's like wrestling a pig in the mud. I started out at RavingAtheists back then. That site has pretty much imploded, though.
The following 1 user Likes Fireball's post:
  • emjay