Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Far Right follies (topical thread)

(04-10-2021, 04:24 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Steven Crowder Video Recreating Derek Chauvin Kneeling on George Floyd Sparks Backlash

https://www.newsweek.com/steven-crowder-...al-1581914

Quote: 
Steven Crowder sparked backlash on Twitter on Wednesday for suggesting he would get the producer of his show to kneel on his neck for nine minutes, in a not-so-subtle reference to George Floyd's death.
undefined

"Today I am going to test the theory and have my producer kneel on my neck for 9 minutes, live on concrete," Crowder, a former Fox News contributor, tweeted.
"No tricks, no cuts. We need to walk a mile in another's shoes."

Fascists get dumber and dumber by the day

It's pretty idiotic and a no-win situation.  He'll either get choked for real and tap out, making him look stupid, or he'll have the person apply very little pressure on him, belittling and making light of Floyd's experience, also making him look stupid.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

From the broken-clock files:

Quote:Ted Cruz is a “reckless asshole” and Michele Bachmann a “lunatic.”

Conservative pundits like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh are residents of “Looneyville.”

And Donald Trump, pushing a “bullshit” lie that the election was stolen, incited the “bloody insurrection” on Jan. 6 “for nothing more than selfish reasons.”

In the world according to John Boehner, detailed in his profanity-laced memoir out Tuesday, the former House Speaker is the voice of reason and sanity in a Republican party that has been taken over by “whack jobs” and “insurrectionists” and become unmoored from reality — and its core conservative principles.

Liberal critics and even some GOP allies say they wish Boehner, the son of an Ohio barkeeper who rose to become one of the most powerful figures in Washington, had been open with his views much sooner, when the “crazies” among the Tea Party insurgents first came on the scene or when former President Trump was still in the Oval Office.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/54742...he-sees-it

Too little, too late ... and more than a touch hypocritical.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom, GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard

Matt Gaetz mocked for calling himself a ‘canceled man’ who’s ‘wanted by the Deep State’

https://www.dailydot.com/debug/matt-gaet...ate-tweet/

Quote:Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), currently being investigated by the Justice Department over sex trafficking allegations, tweeted that he’s a “canceled man” and appeared to blame the “Deep State” for his current travails.

Gaetz sent a tweet Saturday morning that asserted, “I won’t be intimidated by the lying media” and “I won’t be extorted by a former DOJ official and the crooks he is working with,” adding, “The truth will prevail.”

That got some immediate blowback, including this zinger from Dr. Jeffrey Guterman, who responded to Gaetz with, “I heard you used Venmo only for minor purchases, Matt.”

That, of course, refers to a detail in the case in which Gaetz sent money via to former Florida tax official Joel Greenberg via Venmo. As the Daily Dot reported on Friday, Gaetz “sent $900 on Venmo to a political ally who is an alleged sex trafficker,” referring to Greenberg, “who then turned around and sent the money to teenage girls.”
Then, about four hours after that first tweet, Gaetz offered a more reflective and expansive tweet, seemingly making the case more than about him.

He declared, “I may be a canceled man in some corners. I may even be a wanted man by the Deep State. But I hear the millions of Americans who feel forgotten, canceled, ignored, marginalized and targeted. I draw confidence knowing that the silent majority is growing louder every day.”

Facepalm
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Szuchow

The martyr is strong with this one.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Kim

(04-11-2021, 09:52 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: The martyr is strong with this one.
And the persecution complex.
The following 3 users Like mordant's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Kim

(04-11-2021, 09:50 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Matt Gaetz mocked for calling himself a ‘canceled man’ who’s ‘wanted by the Deep State’

Quote:Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), currently being investigated by the Justice Department over sex trafficking allegations, tweeted that he’s a “canceled man” and appeared to blame the “Deep State” for his current travails.

Gaetz sent a tweet Saturday morning that asserted, “I won’t be intimidated by the lying media” and “I won’t be extorted by a former DOJ official and the crooks he is working with,” adding, “The truth will prevail.”

That got some immediate blowback, including this zinger from Dr. Jeffrey Guterman, who responded to Gaetz with, “I heard you used Venmo only for minor purchases, Matt.”

That, of course, refers to a detail in the case in which Gaetz sent money via to former Florida tax official Joel Greenberg via Venmo. As the Daily Dot reported on Friday, Gaetz “sent $900 on Venmo to a political ally who is an alleged sex trafficker,” referring to Greenberg, “who then turned around and sent the money to teenage girls.”
Then, about four hours after that first tweet, Gaetz offered a more reflective and expansive tweet, seemingly making the case more than about him.

He declared, “I may be a canceled man in some corners. I may even be a wanted man by the Deep State. But I hear the millions of Americans who feel forgotten, canceled, ignored, marginalized and targeted. I draw confidence knowing that the silent majority is growing louder every day.”

Facepalm

I don't even know what to say to that!  Undecided
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(04-11-2021, 10:59 PM)Dom Wrote: I don't even know what to say to that!  Undecided

Easy: "Climb down off'n your cross there, hoss."
On hiatus.
  • TheGentlemanBastard, Kim

Pro-Trump prophet goes on wild rant, says the modern church is 'almost homosexual'

https://www.insider.com/pro-trump-prophe...ual-2021-4

Quote:A pro-Trump prophet from Tennessee went on a wild rant during a sermon this weekend, describing modern Christian leaders — particularly those who refuse to tote guns — as "neutered" and "almost homosexual."

Jeff Jansen, co-founder of the Global Fire Ministries International in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, and self-proclaimed "prophet," disparaged pastors for being "effeminate."

"The church, the Ecclesia, the government of God, has been so neutered and so turned effeminate, almost homosexual, I'm just telling you straight up. Straight up. It's ridiculous," said Jansen, speaking at a church service in Oregon.

"Where are the men? Where are the men, where's the maleness? Where is the, you know, 'I will defend the children, I will protect the family?'" he asked.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

(04-12-2021, 05:57 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: has been so neutered

Good. There's a huge problem with the populations of gods on earth. We should be aiming at zero Dog
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Szuchow

(04-11-2021, 09:50 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Matt Gaetz mocked for calling himself a ‘canceled man’ who’s ‘wanted by the Deep State’

Facepalm

Only three things in life are certain: death, taxes and right wing snowflakes crying every time their scuminess is exposed.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, RobbyPants

Dude should be held down and castrated with a rusty salad fork if he was really banging teenage girls, but probably you libtards would have a problem with that. Dodgy

(04-13-2021, 03:18 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Dude should be held down and castrated with a rusty salad fork if he was really banging teenage girls, but probably you libtards would have a problem with that. Dodgy

Well yes, because it's far too idealistic to expect such torture methods not to be used on innocents as well. Secondly, do you want a prison system that rewards torture? Seems like that could get out of hand very quickly, considering that sadists would be willing to jump at every opportunity to torture.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • julep, Dom, isbelldl

(04-13-2021, 03:26 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:18 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Dude should be held down and castrated with a rusty salad fork if he was really banging teenage girls, but probably you libtards would have a problem with that. Dodgy

Well yes, because it's far too idealistic to expect such torture methods not to be used on innocents as well.

Oh I suppose. Dodgy

(04-13-2021, 03:27 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:26 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:

Well yes, because it's far too idealistic to expect such torture methods not to be used on innocents as well.

Oh I suppose. Dodgy

It's a little thing called, oh I dunno, examining the consequences of an action.

(04-13-2021, 03:29 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:27 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:26 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Well yes, because it's far too idealistic to expect such torture methods not to be used on innocents as well.

Oh I suppose. Dodgy

It's a little thing called, oh I dunno, examining the consequences of an action.

He wouldn't be able to rape children anymore.  What's the problem?

(04-13-2021, 03:30 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:29 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:27 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Oh I suppose. Dodgy

The problem would be the consequences I already described, but I guess conservatards such as yourself don't understand the concept of consequences.
  • julep

(04-13-2021, 03:30 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:30 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(04-13-2021, 03:29 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: It's a little thing called, oh I dunno, examining the consequences of an action.

The problem would be the consequences I already described, but I guess conservatards such as yourself don't understand the concept of consequences.

How about a not-rusty salad fork?  A plastic spork perhaps.

There Will Be No Swearing or Taking God’s Name in Vain on Mike Lindell’s New ‘Free Speech’ Platform

https://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/ther...-platform/

Quote:Angered by being banned from various social media platforms for ceaselessly spreading conspiracy theories and disinformation about the 2020 presidential election, religious-right activist and MyPillow founder Mike Lindell decided to create his own social media platform, which he promised would be a bastion of free speech.

With his new Frank Speech platform set to launch on April 19, Lindell appeared on Eric Metaxas’ radio program Monday to promote it.

During the discussion, Lindell revealed that speech on his new platform will not be quite as free as one might have imagined, announcing that users will not be allowed to swear or use the Lord’s name in vain because Frank Speech will be “a Judeo-Christian platform” founded on biblical principles.

So it will be anti-free speech then. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
  • Dom

Well that's pretty goddamned two-faced.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard, RobbyPants

But, sadly, not at all surprising.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

(04-14-2021, 02:21 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: But, sadly, not at all surprising.

I fell off'n my chair when I learned of this blatant hypocrisy.
On hiatus.
  • GenesisNemesis, TheGentlemanBastard

A more honest phrasing would have been for him to say that he doesn’t like having his words limited, but he wants the freedoms to limit other’s words. He wants to have his cake and eat it too, and not sound entitled for openly asking for such.
The following 3 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Deesse23, GenesisNemesis, Kim

"I finally got 5G!"
[Image: ryan-reynolds.jpg]
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 4 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • julep, Astreja, GenesisNemesis, Kim

Pastor Says Fauci Should Be Waterboarded Until He Admits to Working With China to Create COVID

https://www.newsweek.com/pastor-says-fau...id-1582959

Quote: Conservative pastor Rick Wiles took aim at Dr. Anthony Fauci in a recent episode of his TruNews program, saying that the prominent public health official should be tortured.

Wiles, the pastor of the Flowing Streams Church in Vero Beach, Florida, regularly makes controversial and inflammatory statements. In March 2020, he made highly anti-Semitic remarks, claiming that God was "spreading" COVID-19 in synagogues as punishment for Jews opposing "his son, the Lord Jesus Christ."

During a program on TruNews last week, Wiles claimed that Fauci, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, had worked directly with China to create the coronavirus pandemic.

See conservatards? This is why I don't support torture as a means of punishing criminals. Idiots like this would easily take advantage of that system. 
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Kim, Dom, julep

Soooo ... god is punishing jews for opposing his son Jesus ... who was reportedly: a jew ... who allegedly advised everyone that he was indeed, there to uphold jewish law.

Well, as long as we got that straightened out. Dodgy