Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jeremiah Johnson

Jeremiah Johnson
Self-described prophet Jeremiah Johnson has publicly apologized for saying that Trump would be re-elected president in 2020.

The prominent evangelical leader announced in a now-deleted open letter to his Facebook followers that he was shutting down his ministry, "Jeremiah Johnson Ministries," and that he would be removing all the ministry's social media handles over the next week.

In a YouTube video titled "I Was Wrong," Johnson apologized for his inaccurate predictions and for his repeated claims that Trump would be re-elected against all odds.

"I believe that it is a tremendous mistake to take the next four years to argue and debate and cause division and grow more prideful talking about how we think the election was taken from Donald Trump. I actually believe we need to take the next four years and humble ourselves," he said in the video.

Johnson said as well in the video that fellow evangelical Christians "need to recognize that God is up to something far greater in the prophetic, charismatic movement."

"We need to stop, we need to take a breather, and we need to come back to a place where we can begin to dialogue about these issues rather than be so triggered," he said.

Johnson's change of heart is surprising, as he used to be one of the former president's staunchest supporters. In 2015, he predicted that Trump would win, as he had been "chosen" by God. He did so again in 2020.

According to Newsweek, Johnson said he had made this decision "after much prayer and the clear direction of the Lord."
In doing so, Johnson has broken with other evangelical leaders, some of whom still claim that there will be a miraculous reversal of the 2020 Biden presidential win.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this is the start of something... 
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Jeremiah Johnson
A Trump follower being opportunistic ... who'da thunk it?
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

Jeremiah Johnson
It's funny (not really) how these god-bothering scammers just set up a new fraud site when their
first one collapses.

I checked out Johnson's new site and found the same tired old bullshit about what a great messenger
he is in the eyes of his lord and master, and how much he wants to pass on the words of a supernatural
entity to the rest of the world's people so that they can live an ordered, happy life.  He actually writes
down what this entity "says" to him, apparently so he won't forget the half dozen lines, and he often does
this when he's in the toilet.    Make of that what you will LOL.

From his site I read this heartfelt plea... who could resist?

"If you wish to sow into eternity and the building of God’s kingdom, we greatly appreciate your financial
donation and prayerful financial support
here at The Altar Global. We are so grateful for your generous
giving and prayers, as we see this God-given vision come to life and we pray that you are abundantly
blessed in this season!"

Checking the GIVE link, donations start at $25 and top out at a mere $500.  But there's a dialogue box
wherein you can give more than a lousy five  C-notes if you're so inclined.   And, fuck me sideways, who
wouldn't  be dragging the ol' credit card outa the back pocket in great haste?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dānu, brunumb

Jeremiah Johnson
Quote:God is up to something far greater in the prophetic, charismatic movement."

Ever notice how whenever their horseshit falls flat on its face it is because this god asshole has a bigger and better plan...... and it will work if you send me a dollar or twenty!

Religion is the most lucrative scam in history.  I'm surprised Fuckface didn't try to become pope.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Inkubus, Dancefortwo, brunumb, mordant, Deesse23

Jeremiah Johnson
I have been blissfully unaware of this man.  To me "Jeremiah Johnson" is a Robert Redford movie when he was at the height of his blond male beauty.  mmmmmmmmm       Kiss2

[Image: aeb84968d9ddb30709de7c37739543f8.jpg]
                                                         T4618
The following 6 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu, Minimalist, Dom, Thumpalumpacus, mordant, Deesse23

Jeremiah Johnson
I hope he appreciated his first bear skinning lesson.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Dancefortwo

Jeremiah Johnson
His voice sounds Christian.

(I don't trust Christian sounding voices)
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Assassin

Jeremiah Johnson
(03-16-2021, 02:04 AM)Aliza Wrote: His voice sounds Christian.

(I don't trust Christian sounding voices)

Yup.  It's that "butter wouldn't melt in my mouth" sort of sound because I'm so pure, clean  and delightful.   Ick!
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Aliza, Thumpalumpacus

Jeremiah Johnson
The guy is a fucking nut, these Christian preachers, just get sicker and sicker, so deep in their thoughts with their made up friend.
The following 1 user Likes Tomatoshadow2's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Jeremiah Johnson
There's an interesting clue here as to why other prominent evangelicals are not admitting they were wrong, as Johnson has:

Quote:In one video of the "I Was Wrong" series, Johnson said he'd received "90 percent negative" feedback from thousands of his subscribers and followers.

The sheeple don't want the truth. They want, as Min has it, "holy horseshit".

Jeremiah Johnson
(03-15-2021, 03:34 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I have been blissfully unaware of this man.  To me "Jeremiah Johnson" is a Robert Redford movie when he was at the height of his blond male beauty.  mmmmmmmmm       Kiss2

Yeah that is the first thing that came to my mind, too. Never heard of this guy before today.

Jeremiah Johnson
(03-16-2021, 11:03 PM)mordant Wrote:
(03-15-2021, 03:34 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I have been blissfully unaware of this man.  To me "Jeremiah Johnson" is a Robert Redford movie when he was at the height of his blond male beauty.  mmmmmmmmm       Kiss2

Yeah that is the first thing that came to my mind, too. Never heard of this guy before today.

Ditto. My first impression was also that this was going to be a discussion about Robert Redford.  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Jeremiah Johnson
I'm still locked into a Three Dog Night state of mind with this LOL.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog
Was a good friend of mine
I never understood a single word he said
But I helped him a-drink his wine
And he always had some mighty fine wine...
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Jeremiah Johnson
(03-17-2021, 09:24 PM)SYZ Wrote: I'm still locked into a Three Dog Night state of mind with this LOL.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog

LSD is one hell of a drug.
On hiatus.

Jeremiah Johnson
(03-17-2021, 09:24 PM)SYZ Wrote: I'm still locked into a Three Dog Night state of mind with this LOL.

Jeremiah was a bullfrog

Girly says to ground your references.

[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Dancefortwo