Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just When You Think Texans Can't Get Any Stupider....

They prove you wrong.

Is this 2021 or 1121?

https://www.orangeleader.com/2021/03/06/...in-common/

Quote: I believe that Dinosaurs walked this earth but not 140 million years ago like scientist claim.
Nearly a third of Texans believe humans and dinosaurs roamed the earth at the same time, according to the 2010 University of Texas/Texas Tribune Poll.
The question was asked “Did humans live at the same time as the dinosaurs?”  Three in ten Texas voters agree that they did live at the same time; 41 percent disagree, and 30 percent don’t know.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dānu, GenesisNemesis, Inkubus, Thumpalumpacus

Yay!  It's good to know that the Flintstones is a documentary!
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dom, GenesisNemesis, Deesse23, Inkubus

One of Lewis Black's greatest lines!
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo

It'd have  to be a "Karen" who wrote this crap...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...14782.html
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

A local church had a sign out for a while advertising it's preacher's take on dinosaurs. I was actually tempted to go and see what he had to say, but since I would run into neighbors there, and I doubt I could stifle amusement or keep my mouth shut, I passed.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

What is wrong with you people ?
You never saw Jurrasic Park ?
Test
The following 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Fireball

I see Texas has finally gotten sick and tired of Florida Man getting all the attention.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 2 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Dancefortwo, jerry mcmasters

(03-09-2021, 04:08 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: ... It's good to know that the Flintstones is a documentary ...

Now that was a amazing family whose routine celebrations were absolutely prophetic - 4th of July, Easter, Thanksgiving and, of course, Christmas!  They don't appear to have celebrated Martin Luther King day, but the fossil record is still largely buried, so one can't say for sure.  Tongue
The following 3 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo, Fireball

That trope is common down here because of the hoax about "footprints" and dinosaur prints allegedly being found in the same sediment in the Paluxy River, about 100 miles north of where I live. Also because we have far too many creationists as it is.

Full disclosure: I've hiked this riverbed twice, and while I found some theropod prints (I think), and many other fine fossils, I never noticed anything resembling human footprints. It is some fine Hill Country hiking. And another note: you can find fossils in many of the riverbeds coursing the Edwards Plateau; they're mostly small shellfish.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Gwaithmir, Dancefortwo

(03-10-2021, 01:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That trope is common down here because of the hoax about "footprints" and dinosaur prints allegedly being found in the same sediment in the Paluxy River, about 100 miles north of where I live. Also because we have far too many creationists as it is.

Full disclosure: I've hiked this riverbed twice, and while I found some theropod prints (I think), and many other fine fossils, I never noticed anything resembling human footprints. It is some fine Hill Country hiking. And another note: you can find fossils in many of the riverbeds coursing the Edwards Plateau; they're mostly shellfish.

Indeed, the Paluxy "man tracks" are "beaucoup dinky dow."
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, skyking

(03-10-2021, 01:28 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 01:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: That trope is common down here because of the hoax about "footprints" and dinosaur prints allegedly being found in the same sediment in the Paluxy River, about 100 miles north of where I live. Also because we have far too many creationists as it is.

Full disclosure: I've hiked this riverbed twice, and while I found some theropod prints (I think), and many other fine fossils, I never noticed anything resembling human footprints. It is some fine Hill Country hiking. And another note: you can find fossils in many of the riverbeds coursing the Edwards Plateau; they're mostly shellfish.

Glad someone got my user title!
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, skyking, Gwaithmir

You can get some amber with an insect inclusion (c. 125 million years old) for nothing on eBay.
Test

(03-10-2021, 01:28 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

The Institute for Creation Research ( which is  3 lies for the price of one ) swears by them, though.. Of course, they are fucking idiots.
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Inkubus, Chas

(03-10-2021, 02:07 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote: You can get some amber with an insect inclusion (c. 125 million years old) for nothing on eBay.

You won't get the hike, though. And that's worth entry fee to the park.

I need to do that again.
On hiatus.

(03-10-2021, 02:20 AM)Minimalist Wrote: The Institute for Creation Research ( which is  3 lies for the price of one ) swears by them, though.. Of course, they are fucking idiots.

That's actually where I first read about the hoax. Some dipshit on AOL's old "Evolution is a Fact" chatroom mentioned it, so I looked on Jeeves and found it. Who was that asshole, Morris?, who plumped that crap?
On hiatus.

But this is one thing the Texans are actually right about.  Humans and dinosaurs did coexist.  In fact, they still do.  We just have a different word for the dinosaurs that lived into the time of humans, many of which are still extant.

We call them birds. Big Grin
The only sacred truth in science is that there are no sacred truths. - Carl Sagan
Ἡ μόνη ἱερᾱ̀ ἀληθείᾱ ἐν τῇ φυσικῇ φιλοσοφίᾳ ἐστὶν ἡ ἱερῶν ἀληθειῶν σπάνις. - Κᾱ́ρολος Σήγανος

The following 3 users Like Glossophile's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Chas, isbelldl

(03-10-2021, 01:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ... That trope is common down here because of the hoax about "footprints" and dinosaur prints allegedly being found in the same sediment in the Paluxy River ...

What we atheists don't get is the obvious in the footprint evidence:  that only dinosaur footprints are seen simply proves that men were riding the dinosaurs.  After all, it'd be dangerously foolish to be down on the ground walking among them, or with them - one would get squashed by a dinosaur who wouldn't feel anything but might later on notice the absence of the human voice that had been present earlier.
The following 2 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Chas

Dinosaurs came down from heaven to fend of the evil marauders from satan's sandbox.

(03-13-2021, 08:20 AM)airportkid Wrote:
(03-10-2021, 01:18 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ... That trope is common down here because of the hoax about "footprints" and dinosaur prints allegedly being found in the same sediment in the Paluxy River ...

What we atheists don't get is the obvious in the footprint evidence:  that only dinosaur footprints are seen simply proves that men were riding the dinosaurs.  After all, it'd be dangerously foolish to be down on the ground walking among them, or with them - one would get squashed by a dinosaur who wouldn't feel anything but might later on notice the absence of the human voice that had been present earlier.

That's right! And wooly mammoths didn't have tusks -- those were handlebars.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Fireball, airportkid

(03-13-2021, 10:19 AM)no one Wrote: Dinosaurs came down from heaven to fend of the evil marauders from satan's sandbox.

Weren't those the Jews with space lasers?

That's the new testament.

(03-09-2021, 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: What is wrong with you people ?

No, but I saw "Jurassic Park". Yours was a spin-off perhaps?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(03-09-2021, 11:04 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote: What is wrong with you people ?

No, but I saw "Jurassic Park". Yours was a spin-off perhaps?

Chuckle
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

At least we (me, Texas) don't have a full scale replica ark. That's them northerners way up in Kentucky.

That's a fair point.  Technically though in order for something to be a "replica" there had to have been an "original" for it to be a replica of.

Xhristards have a long way to go to prove that this eyesore in Kentucky is not an "original."
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • jerry mcmasters