Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New Secular Community Survey

https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2021...es-survey/

We’re excited to announce the launch of the Secular Communities Survey, the largest-ever study of the community life of secular and non-religious people in the United States. The survey opened yesterday, on March 1st, and will remain open until April 11th. If you’re part of a secular community, we’d love for you to participate. You can take the survey here.

Line up, sign up, and re-enlist today.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 3 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Aroura, Gwaithmir, Aegon

I once bought some mango sutvey. I didn't even know what a sutvey was.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(03-03-2021, 05:41 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2021...es-survey/

We’re excited to announce the launch of the Secular Communities Survey, the largest-ever study of the community life of secular and non-religious people in the United States. The survey opened yesterday, on March 1st, and will remain open until April 11th. If you’re part of a secular community, we’d love for you to participate. You can take the survey here.

I tried to access the survey through your link, and also through the link provided on the website, but neither one works.  I just get a blank page, even with my ad blocker turned off.

Sutvey is a typo. Fixed. Now go over there and be surveyed.

Done.
Is this sig thing on?

(03-03-2021, 06:12 AM)Aroura Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 05:41 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote: https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/2021...es-survey/

I tried to access the survey through your link, and also through the link provided on the website, but neither one works.  I just get a blank page, even with my ad blocker turned off.

It just clicked on the link in my post and it works for me.  Sometimes, some links don't work initially, trying refreshing, control r.  Often this fixes balky sites for me.

Try:
https://secularcommunities.com/2021scs

(03-03-2021, 06:22 AM)Cheerful Charlie Wrote:
(03-03-2021, 06:12 AM)Aroura Wrote:

It just clicked on the link in my post and it works for me.  Sometimes, some links don't work initially, trying refreshing, control r.  Often this fixes balky sites for me.

Try:
https://secularcommunities.com/2021scs
Hmm, must be something my husband has installed, or perhaps not installed?  

Let me try it from a different computer.

Still no luck. I'll bug him in the morning, it's bed time for now!

Took it.  It was quite well done for a survey of this type, i.e. on-line, multiple choice. It seemed quite unbiased.
There were a few questions I felt required a more nuanced answer than was afforded.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 3 users Like Chas's post:
  • SYZ, c172, Thumpalumpacus

Took it. Do let us know when the results are published!
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Kim

I filled out the survey, but had to assume I was living in America
as it wasn't set up for international respondents, although I don't
believe that would skew my input to any degree. I'd be very
interested in seeing the final results.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(03-03-2021, 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote: Took it.  It was quite well done for a survey of this type, i.e. on-line, multiple choice. It seemed quite unbiased.
There were a few questions I felt required a more nuanced answer than was afforded.

I took exception to the question, "What is your religion?" I had to click on "non-religious." Atheism is not a religion.  Consider
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 2 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus

I couldn't get it to work on Firefox.  Chrome was fine.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

I took it.  I'll be interested to know where the results will be published.
                                                         T4618

Done.

(03-03-2021, 09:41 AM)Chas Wrote: Took it.  It was quite well done for a survey of this type, i.e. on-line, multiple choice. It seemed quite unbiased.

Yeah, there were a couple of questions where "don't know" should have been an option, but wasn't.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • c172