Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
White Evangelicals Must Choose Between Reform and American Extremism

White Evangelicals Must Choose Between Reform and American Extremism
(03-06-2021, 02:27 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(03-02-2021, 05:46 AM)trdsf Wrote:
(03-01-2021, 11:34 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: White Evangelicals must choose between sanity and wack-o-doodle-nutty-fucked-up-crazyness.
If sane were an option, they probably wouldn't be evangelicals in the first place.  Among the final shoves to get me out of Christianity once and for all was when I agreed to attend an evangelical service with a friend in college and spent two hours wondering how much longer before I could get the fuck away from the crazies yammering nonsense words and claiming it was "speaking in tongues" or flailing about or fainting or whatever.

I left there thinking not 'god is great' but 'holy fuck these people are insane'.

I mean, Christianity was already insane. "Really? You'd listen to a voice in your head that tells you to kill your own son, because 'God commanded it?' Uh... OK". Boggles the mind that Christianity is considered a "good" religion.

Not to quibble, but there were no Christians involved in that case of brain-dead child abuse.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Messages In This Thread
RE: White Evangelicals Must Choose Between Reform and American Extremism - by Chas - 03-07-2021, 05:34 AM