Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #14 - A Long Expected Party

Oh well, this isn't persuading anybody and we can afford one Bounder uninvited.

Uninvite Paleo

That should avoid any chance of a tie and keep Assassin happy at least.

Nice bus Poca. I went back and reread it and you showed just a little too much insight into scum's thinking. Other than that it was masterfully done. Sorry it comes down to brute force mechanics tomorrow. You deserve to win for that play alone.

I gotta think this through, and no, not because Paleo's last few posts suddenly raised new questions. I've suspected Poca of some elaborate, grand bus scheme from the beginning.
I'm going to take a minute to think on things.  Gandalf

No Vote

And I'm using paper and pencil instead of Excel to track things.

... Like some kind of a Neanderthal!
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • emjay

Based on posting style, Emjay seems a bit timid (in a good way) and prefers the conventional approach. If there was a bus it's no doubt Poca. His lead wagons on two scum two days in a row. Very lucky or he just knew who scum were. I don't think Aliza is scum, I've played a lot of games with her and just don't see it. Granted those games were years ago.

Paleo you can rest easy. Your post will be remembered. Not that it has to anyway. You'll be here if you flip green.

We have to lynch you first though. Higher chance you flip red than Poca.

Official Vote Count:
Paleophyte (4) - poca, Assassin, Aliza, emjay, Paleophyte
pocaracas (0) - Paleophyte

(Yesterday, 11:08 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(Yesterday, 10:50 PM)pocaracas Wrote: Paleo, wanna see something cool?

I've hidden it just for you:

Day 1 vote count:
(02-22-2021, 08:01 PM)Aroura Wrote: The Official Final Vote Count is:
emjay (0) - Aliza
Aliza (1) - emjay, Paleophyte
Kitty (5) Pocaracas, emjay, Assassin, Aliza, Revenant

Please stay tuned for the flip.

Day 2 vote count:
(02-24-2021, 07:52 PM)Aroura Wrote: Official Final Vote Count

Assassin (1) - Paleophyte
Revenant (4) - emjay, pocaracas, Assassin, Aliza

What kind of suicidal scum do you think I would be?
But look at where your votes ended up...  Whistling

I asked for a coherent point Assassin. Typically you look for scum *on* the wagon.

You're losing it man!
Assassin, poca... we're all the same, to you.

(Today, 02:58 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: If I'm scum then it's clear that I interfered with Poca.

If I'm not scum then there's only one explanation for Poca's No result. It's a lie. Scum can't interfere with us both.

Everybody please remember this tomorrow!

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

(Today, 02:58 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: ...
If I'm scum then it's clear that I interfered with Poca.

If I'm not scum then there's only one explanation for Poca's No result. It's a lie. Scum can't interfere with us both.

Everybody please remember this tomorrow!

Yes, in the cool light of day that logic looks foolproof... a solid two-way test between you and poca should solve the game.

Last night was actually the first time I've had a sleepless night in ages, trying to get to grips with the logic of the day and decide who I should investigate out of you and Assassin. In favour of investigating you though was what seemed a fair possibility... based on the strength of leans yesterday... that we'd all end up investigating you (or claiming to) and therefore be able to hopefully force a two-way test like it looks like we have now. It was a long shot that all the conditions would be right for that test, but a better shot than nothing, nothing lost if not, and one we would never be able to artificially recreate since any attempt to agree in advance who we would all investigate would be easy for scum to work around... so it seemed a shame to waste that opportunity. I guess it just threw me for a loop then that it turned out that test would be between you and poca not you and Assassin, such was my bias (sorry about that Assassin... this is my first time meeting you or playing with you and there's just something about your name that doesn't inspire trust... can't put my finger on it Big Grin Wink plus poca sowed seeds of doubt with me on you earlier on, and they've been hard to shift)

Anyway, whoever scum is in this game, I think deserves an Emmy for an amazing performance!

(5 hours ago)emjay Wrote: Anyway, whoever scum is in this game, I think deserves an Emmy for an amazing performance!

I agree.
Paleo, you did great on days 1 and 2. You'll remember how I put both you and emjay as my top town leans.
But day 3 was telling.

(Today, 04:09 AM)Aliza Wrote: I gotta think this through, and no, not because Paleo's last few posts suddenly raised new questions. I've suspected Poca of some elaborate, grand bus scheme from the beginning.

No Vote

You might as well vote Paleo though. It's already confirmed Paleo or Poca so we win either way.

(3 hours ago)Assassin Wrote:
(Today, 04:09 AM)Aliza Wrote: I gotta think this through, and no, not because Paleo's last few posts suddenly raised new questions. I've suspected Poca of some elaborate, grand bus scheme from the beginning.

No Vote

You might as well vote Paleo though. It's already confirmed Paleo or Poca so we win either way.

Can you walk me through that logic? I still see a case for you and emjay.

(1 hour ago)Aliza Wrote:
(3 hours ago)Assassin Wrote:

No Vote

Paleo sort of explained it already I think but here goes:

You, me, emjay got yes on Paleo. Which makes it 100% Paleo is the last scum or was interfered with by the last scum. 

If you, me, emjay are the scum, Poca CANNOT get a no on Paleo, because Paleo was 100% interfered with by one of the 3 of us (so Poca would have gotten a yes on Paleo). 

Poca getting a no on Paleo clears the 3 of us. Because Poca can only get a no if he was interfered with or is lying. (since 3 of us already confirmed Paleo should be a yes).
The following 2 users Like Assassin's post:
  • Aliza, pocaracas

This game confuses me so much (and I'd play another like it in a heartbeat!)

Investigation disruptions are compulsory for scum, as are investigations for town. We have 1 liar and 4 investigators. 

The conclusion I drew from last night is that PaleoScum blocked PocaTown, and lied about his "no" result on him. Poca, having actually been interrupted, received an incorrectly reported "No" on Paleophtye. All of our "yes" results on Paleophyte could have been because he was acted upon, and not the actor. 

... But the reverse seems equally possible. It could have been that PocaScum disrupted PaleoTown, which mean that Paleo's investigation on Poca resulted in an incorrectly (but honestly) reported "No". Meanwhile, the rest of us investigated Paleo, and we all got "yes" because he had been acted upon. 

Do I have that right? How do Assassin and emjay's result fit into this puzzle?

It's true we have an incorrect vote to waste, but we also have no vote nights to use as well. I'm thinking we take a no vote day and coordinate our efforts tonight in such a way that we're semi-structured and scum won't know what we'll do, but we'll still act within a framework of some kind to try to ferret out scum.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • pocaracas

(1 hour ago)Assassin Wrote:
(1 hour ago)Aliza Wrote:
(3 hours ago)Assassin Wrote: You might as well vote Paleo though. It's already confirmed Paleo or Poca so we win either way.

Paleo sort of explained it already I think but here goes:

You, me, emjay got yes on Paleo. Which makes it 100% Paleo is the last scum or was interfered with by the last scum. 

If you, me, emjay are the scum, Poca CANNOT get a no on Paleo, because Paleo was 100% interfered with by one of the 3 of us (so Poca would have gotten a yes on Paleo). 

Poca getting a no on Paleo clears the 3 of us. Because Poca can only get a no if he was interfered with or is lying. (since 3 of us already confirmed Paleo should be a yes).

I see, I see. I was just starting to piece that together in my head. I'm going to ruminate on that for a bit.

There are 4 town left.
Only one of these townies got interfered with.

Since we have 3 yes on paleo, at least 2 of these are certainly fair - this means that paleo is either scum OR the one who got interfered with.
If paleo is scum, then whoever he interfered with would have gotten a no, regardless of who they investigated.
If paleo is not scum, then the person who claims they got a no on paleo is lying.... why would they lie, given that they would know that they had interfered with paleo?...but that's another question.

@Paleophyte if you get uninvited today, you'll join us tonight in the hunt. Are you certain that the mischievous hobbit is Poca? Can you see an avenue where it can be Assassin or emjay?

(49 minutes ago)Aliza Wrote: @Paleophyte if you get uninvited today, you'll join us tonight in the hunt. Are you certain that the mischievous hobbit is Poca? Can you see an avenue where it can be Assassin or emjay?

If it's emjay or assassin, or even you Aliza, they would have interfered with paleo and I would have gotten a yes result for him too. Since I got a no, that is not possible.
It's either paleo or me.

, 1 Guest(s)