Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #14 - A Long Expected Party

(02-23-2021, 10:05 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 09:07 PM)Assassin Wrote: I got a no.

Town
Aliza
Poca

One scum between
Emjay
Revenant (leaning he is red)

Scum
Paleophyte

It would make sense for scum Paleo to push the idea of "scum would claim "no result" " but then claim a yes result. He knew Kitty investigated Aliza so it was the easiest claim to make. Fortunately Poca investigated Kitty or we would have probably voted Aliza.

Paleo's vote and reasoning didn't match up. Instead of voting Kitty he stayed on Aliza.

That's some fascinating shade you're throwing there Assassin. I claimed the details of my Yes result long before saying anything about Kitty. This is necessarily true because Poca claimed his Yes on Kitty after mine.

And my reasoning was that IF scum was trying for no result then she would have been a safe bet for their night action to go unnoticed. This is true for exactly the same reason that Poca suggested that she'd make a good candidate to be missed as the scum making the night action. As it turned out Poca was right.

I'm sorry that wasn't clearer but I made those posts over a few minutes on my lunch break and didn't have time for much elaboration.

3 votes on Kitty and you vote Aliza, that could have potentially ended in a tie or no-one being uninvited. Yes you claimed the details of your yes result - because you knew Aliza was interfered with. Easy to get a yes as scum.

(02-23-2021, 10:15 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: How do we want to play today given the rules clarification? I don't think that it changed anything about the last two days. Waiting until Day 2 to vote a Hobbit out of the party made sense and gave us a good break. Take one day today and keep the extra day in store for endgame?

I don't think it made any substantial material difference... just means it can't drag on in bursts of no voting like I feared at the beginning... so I think it's better this way. Sorry I'm not quite following what you mean by take one day today and keep the extra day in store for the future? We've used one no vote day, and if we get three it means game over, so we can only have two in practice, and I'd rather not get close to that rule coming into effect so I say we've just got to avoid no vote and/or ties like the plague going forward.

(02-23-2021, 10:23 PM)emjay Wrote: I'm going to go Revenant today as the common denominator of two potential scum teams for me, Assassin+Revenant or Paleo+Revenant. My money's on it being Assassin+Revenant but I'd rather vote the common denominator today to be sure... so:

Uninvite Revenant

So I as scum push the vote up to 3 players. It would have been much easier and much safer for me as scum to not vote Kitty. Why would I throw the game there for my scum team lol. Look at what Paleo did, that is what I would have done but then there would only be 2 on votes on Kitty. Paleo would add another vote to Aliza. So Kitty and Aliza would both be on 2 votes and the it won't end well for town from there. 

So again, can someone for the love of god explain to me why me voting Kitty there is suspicious? Poca said this yesterday but when I asked for an answer of course there wasnt any, because it's just false. 

Why I lean Rev over you as last scum is because you voted Kitty earlier.

We have Aliza and Poca as town, there is no realistic way we are going to catch scum Aliza or scum Poca here. Days too short and not enough activity. So imo we just confirm them as town (with the info we have it's very likely anyway).

(02-23-2021, 10:44 PM)Assassin Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:23 PM)emjay Wrote: I'm going to go Revenant today as the common denominator of two potential scum teams for me, Assassin+Revenant or Paleo+Revenant. My money's on it being Assassin+Revenant but I'd rather vote the common denominator today to be sure... so:

Uninvite Revenant

So I as scum push the vote up to 3 players. It would have been much easier and much safer for me as scum to not vote Kitty. Why would I throw the game there for my scum team lol. Look at what Paleo did, that is what I would have done but then there would only be 2 on votes on Kitty. Paleo would add another vote to Aliza. So Kitty and Aliza would both be on 2 votes and the it won't end well for town from there. 

So again, can someone for the love of god explain to me why me voting Kitty there is suspicious? Poca said this yesterday but when I asked for an answer of course there wasnt any, because it's just false. 

We have Aliza and Poca as town, there is no realistic way we are going to catch scum Aliza or scum Poca here. Days too short and not enough activity. So imo we just confirm them as town (with the info we have it's very likely anyway).

Fair point about you pushing the vote up to three... I'll take it on board.

I agree I'm good considering Poca and Aliza essentially conftown at this point, which leaves me with my pool of three, with Revenant as common denominator... so for me that seems the more logical choice for my vote, giving me more time to consider between you and Paleo. The problem is you are both persuasive and frankly play on a higher plane than me, so it takes me longer to process what you're saying a lot of time. Like for instance watching the Mafia championships on MafiaScum I could barely understand a word they were saying the amount of unfamiliar jargon they were using Wink so, it was hard work reading through those massive games.

(02-23-2021, 10:36 PM)emjay Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:15 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: How do we want to play today given the rules clarification? I don't think that it changed anything about the last two days. Waiting until Day 2 to vote a Hobbit out of the party made sense and gave us a good break. Take one day today and keep the extra day in store for endgame?

I don't think it made any substantial material difference... just means it can't drag on in  bursts of no voting like I feared at the beginning... so I think it's better this way. Sorry I'm not quite following what you mean by take one day today and keep the extra day in store for the future? We've used one no vote day, and if we get three it means game over, so we can only have two in practice, and I'd rather not get close to that rule coming into effect so I say we've just got to avoid no vote and/or ties like the plague going forward.

He's pretending, it's just bait. He did something similar day 1.

(02-23-2021, 11:02 PM)emjay Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 10:44 PM)Assassin Wrote:

Uninvite Revenant

Fair point about you pushing the vote up to three... I'll take it on board.

I agree I'm good considering Poca and Aliza essentially conftown at this point, which leaves me with my pool of three, with Revenant as common denominator... so for me that seems the more logical choice for my vote, giving me more time to consider between you and Paleo. The problem is you are both persuasive and frankly play on a higher plane than me, so it takes me longer to process what you're saying a lot of time. Like for instance watching the Mafia championships on MafiaScum I could barely understand a word they were saying the amount of unfamiliar jargon they were using Wink so, it was hard work reading through those massive games.

Hmm I'm not sure about a Rev vote yet, I'd be more comfortable with Paleo, but let's see what we have the rest do. 

I got a no on Rev.

If Rev is the only one missing with a result of the night action and we're thinking there's a good chance that he's scum, then maybe it doesn't make much sense to wait for him...?

Anyway... I'm with emjay on this

Uninvite Rev

I see Assassin making sense.
I see paleo making sense, but he did leave his vote parked on Aliza, after coming by and seeing a wagon on kitty...

Also, if paleo is scum, there's a chance that Aliza is scum, too. It would have been a very gutsy move for day 2, but not impossible to prepare the grounds for a scum to slip by as "conf town."
The following 1 user Likes pocaracas's post:
  • emjay

If no one investigated Paleo I think we should vote him tbh. I got a no on Rev, that is concerning. We can at least wait for results to make our odds a bit better.

(02-23-2021, 11:10 PM)pocaracas Wrote: If Rev is the only one missing with a result of the night action and we're thinking there's a good chance that he's scum, then maybe it doesn't make much sense to wait for him...?

Yeah, I was just thinking about that. Since he's pretty certain scum from my perspective, being that common denominator, and since we've all already declared our no's, he's free to claim whatever he(?) wants at this point and/or drag it out as long as he wants... so I don't think we should let that stall our game. So if he still hasnt declared by a reasonable time before the end of the day phase - and the longer he leaves it the worse it looks for him - I think we should still all reveal our targets, because that info needs to be out there for deduction.

(02-23-2021, 11:31 PM)Assassin Wrote: If no one investigated Paleo I think we should vote him tbh. I got a no on Rev, that is concerning. We can at least wait for results to make our odds a bit better.

I also got a No on Rev.

I got a no on Assassin.

(02-23-2021, 11:34 PM)emjay Wrote:
(02-23-2021, 11:31 PM)Assassin Wrote: If no one investigated Paleo I think we should vote him tbh. I got a no on Rev, that is concerning. We can at least wait for results to make our odds a bit better.

I also got a No on Rev.

It's confirmed Rev did not do the interfering then.

(02-23-2021, 11:37 PM)pocaracas Wrote: I got a no on Assassin.

Then there is possibly some deduction that shows me and Rev cannot be scum together.

(02-23-2021, 11:41 PM)Assassin Wrote:

Then there is possibly some deduction that shows me and Rev cannot be scum together.

Hopefully. Hopefully we can clear someone/someteam with this, but it's gonna take a while for me to personally work it out (back to those two headed guys from Labyrinth Wink) but on it.

(02-23-2021, 11:41 PM)Assassin Wrote:

I also got a no on Assassin.

I don't think it made any substantial material difference... just means it can't drag on in  bursts of no voting like I feared at the beginning... so I think it's better this way. Sorry I'm not quite following what you mean by take one day today and keep the extra day in store for the future? We've used one no vote day, and if we get three it means game over, so we can only have two in practice, and I'd rather not get close to that rule coming into effect so I say we've just got to avoid no vote and/or ties like the plague going forward.

Not take one day off, take one day. As opposed to two. I meant that we should vote today keeping our extra day for endgame.
The following 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post:
  • emjay

(02-23-2021, 11:10 PM)pocaracas Wrote: If Rev is the only one missing with a result of the night action and we're thinking there's a good chance that he's scum, then maybe it doesn't make much sense to wait for him...?

Anyway... I'm with emjay on this

Uninvite Rev

I see Assassin making sense.
I see paleo making sense, but he did leave his vote parked on Aliza, after coming by and seeing a wagon on kitty...

Also, if paleo is scum, there's a chance that Aliza is scum, too. It would have been a very gutsy move for day 2, but not impossible to prepare the grounds for a scum to slip by as "conf town."

I was wondering anybody was going to figure the possibility of an Aliza-Paleo-Kitty Day 1 bus. I disagree that it would be gutsy. It would be nigh on suicidal.

(02-24-2021, 12:09 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:

Not take one day off, take one day. As opposed to two. I meant that we should vote today keeping our extra day for endgame.

Fair enough... sorry about that. Sometimes some things just go whoosh with me. It gets embarrassing sometimes.

Anyway, since we're all doing this, would you be willing to reveal your target?

I got my "No" on Aliza. No Aliza, I'm not just picking on you. As effectively confirmed town you were a likely target for scum and I was hoping to catch that.
  • Aliza

(02-24-2021, 12:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: I got my "No" on Aliza. No Aliza, I'm not just picking on you. As effectively confirmed town you were a likely target for scum and I was hoping to catch that.

Right, so all that's left is @Revenant77x to declare both yes/no and target.

Hopefully with two no's on both Assassin and Revenant, there's something useful we can deduce. But it's near bed time for me so that question is going to have to percolate (if that's a valid use of that word Wink) overnight for me.

(02-24-2021, 12:28 AM)emjay Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: I got my "No" on Aliza. No Aliza, I'm not just picking on you. As effectively confirmed town you were a likely target for scum and I was hoping to catch that.

Hopefully with two no's on both Assassin and Revenant, there's something useful we can deduce. But it's near bed time for me so that question is going to have to percolate (if that's a valid use of that word Wink) overnight for me.

Have a good sleep. I'm afraid that my game time for tomorrow is going to be pretty limited. A bit around breakfast and lunch but don't expect more than a few pithy one-liners.
  • emjay

Okay, after some thought, unfortunately I don't think we can deduce that Assassin+Revenant can't be a team given the info we have now. Because if they are both scum, then you have Assassin cleared of being the interferer via poca and Aliza's results but only one valid result on Revenant... meaning that he could be scum with Assassin if and only if he was the interferer and interfered with me. I hope that makes sense and my logic is sound?

I'm not saying I think they are necessarily scum together but just that I don't think they can be cleared of being scum together based on this logic. But hopefully there are still other useful things that can be deduced with what we know.

(02-24-2021, 12:56 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-24-2021, 12:28 AM)emjay Wrote:

Have a good sleep. I'm afraid that my game time for tomorrow is going to be pretty limited. A bit around breakfast and lunch but don't expect more than a few pithy one-liners.

Thank you, and with that I'll say goodnight Smile

So with Aliza and Poca both getting a No on Assassin and my No on Aliza showing that her result wasn't tampered with, we can be as certain as possible that Assassin didn't pester anybody last night. The only way that's possible is if we have a Poca-Aliza-Kitty scum team and that would require a gagglefuck of insanity on Day 1 that I'm not willing to contemplate. And then Assassin still couldn't have bothered anybody.

Emjay and Assassin getting No on Rev make it impossible that he did the bothering either. An Emjay-Assassin-Kitty scum team could produce this result but would again leave Rev as a Bounder and unable to bother a soul.

These pairings are making me uncomfortable though.

@Assassin Why did you target Rev if you thought that I was scum?
@emjay Why did you target Rev?

(02-24-2021, 01:10 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: So with Aliza and Poca both getting a No on Assassin and my No on Aliza showing that her result wasn't tampered with, we can be as certain as possible that Assassin didn't pester anybody last night. The only way that's possible is if we have a Poca-Aliza-Kitty scum team and that would require a gagglefuck of insanity on Day 1 that I'm not willing to contemplate. And then Assassin still couldn't have bothered anybody.

Emjay and Assassin getting No on Rev make it impossible that he did the bothering either. An Emjay-Assassin-Kitty scum team could produce this result but would again leave Rev as a Bounder and unable to bother a soul.

These pairings are making me uncomfortable though.

@Assassin Why did you target Rev if you thought that I was scum?
@emjay Why did you target Rev?

It was a toss up between him and Assassin, by POE... at the time not really considering you as a possibility, but figured he would have lesser reason to be targeted by scum if town because he's hardly been here, so would make me feel more confident in a scum lean if I got a yes result.