Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Godzilla vs Kong

Godzilla vs Kong
@Gawdzilla Sama

In the last of couple of Godzilla flicks he was the good guy. Apparently not this time.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Godzilla vs Kong
(01-25-2021, 02:27 PM)PopeyesPappy Wrote: @Gawdzilla Sama

In the last of couple of Godzilla flicks he was the good guy. Apparently not this time.

I actually have a real phobia around monkeys and apes ever since I saw that woman who's face was completely destroyed by her friends pet chimpanzee so I'm rooting for Godzilla. I'm looking forward to the DVD release of this movie though and I'm definitely going to buy it.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

Godzilla vs Kong
I don't have to see it to know: godzilla wins.

Godzilla vs Kong
We don't know who wins yet. Some folks are seeing giant red herrings in the previews.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Godzilla vs Kong
It's like the stupid Batman versus Superman movie.

Sure, you can attempt to find a fraudulent way of Batman beating Superman, but in sticking with the reality of both character's worlds, Superman will always win. He's the superhuman, while Batman is merely a gadget man.

It's the same with Godzilla versus Kong. Godzilla is a supernatural entity while Kong is just a big ape. Naturally, Godzilla wins.

Godzilla vs Kong
May I ask, what is the purpose of a Godzilla movie?  I've never gotten through 5 minutes of one of these films.  Is it a guy thing?  I just don't get it.
                                                         T4618

Godzilla vs Kong
(01-25-2021, 03:58 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: May I ask, what is the purpose of a Godzilla movie?  I've never gotten through 5 minutes of one of these films.  Is it a guy thing?  I just don't get it.

For me it's a monster slash sci-fi thing. Girls aren't supposed to like monsters or sci-fi?

Now, if you want to talk films that rule the testosterone, films which I avoid, look no further than 007 Bond or Fast and the Furious or most action films.

Godzilla vs Kong
The Toho version of Godzilla v King Kong is one of the great comedy films of all times.  Halfway through the movie a Japanese soldier runs up to the commanding general and says "General, Kong is approaching Tokyo!"  The general looks at him quizzically and says "King Kong?"

Who else you dumb bastard? 

I just know that Hollywood will ruin this classic.  American film makers do not understand what Godzilla is all about.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPyAR5lh_rS113wsx-y4K...g&usqp=CAU]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

Godzilla vs Kong
Seems like a fun stupid action movie to watch baked as hell. I'm in.

hippy using a bong
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 2 users Like Aegon's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama, jerry mcmasters

Godzilla vs Kong
(01-25-2021, 04:02 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(01-25-2021, 03:58 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: May I ask, what is the purpose of a Godzilla movie?  I've never gotten through 5 minutes of one of these films.  Is it a guy thing?  I just don't get it.

For me it's a monster slash sci-fi thing. Girls aren't supposed to like monsters or sci-fi?

Now, if you want to talk films that rule the testosterone, films which I avoid, look no further than 007 Bond or Fast and the Furious or most action films.

I like movies where dialogue is what drives the story so that leaves out most sci-fi movies, Bond movies, movies with robots, Hercules (blood and sandal type films) and other over the top epic movies with massive armies battling each other. 

Basically, I'm a snob.  So there!    Smiley17
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Phaedrus

Godzilla vs Kong
Sometimes I want a movie that makes me think. But I've got a short attention span, so most times I just want to put my brain on autopilot for two hours. Monster movies work fine for that.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Godzilla vs Kong
The same with cowboy movies for me. And Rom-Coms.

Godzilla vs Kong
Tommy Chong would destroy them both with a guitar solo.

On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

Godzilla vs Kong
This will spoil the plot of this Godzilla movie or the next one.
Show ContentSpoiler: