Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The trump chronicles (topical thread)

(05-10-2021, 04:07 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:59 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 03:45 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Okay.

Ooh, I meant "new reply".  Sorry.  You know, you aren't the easiest person to deal with, but I actually sort of like you.  I'm not the easiest person to deal with either.  If we ever met face-to-face, we would probably either hate each other or become good friends, being so similar in some ways.   Big Grin

It confuses me when someone quotes a post of mine and the responds on a tack that has little or nothing to do with my point. Forgive my not understanding.

And yeah, I can be prickly at times. This isn't one of those times, though.

Fair enough. I get tangential sometimes. When I have a thought on my mind, sometimes I am looking for a place to put it. I don't always choose perfectly.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Stupidity of a whole other order of magnitude!

https://www.newsweek.com/lin-wood-says-b...cy-1590267

Quote:Lin Wood Says Brian Kemp to be Arrested, Doubles Down on Georgia Vote Fraud Conspiracy

Quote:Attorney Lin Wood has doubled down on his Georgia voter fraud conspiracy by predicting that Georgia Governor Brian Kemp will "end up in handcuffs" for refusing to overturn the 2020 election results in the state.
In a video posted to Twitter early Monday by @PatriotTakes, Wood tells an unnamed interviewer that Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, Lt. Governor Geoffrey Duncan, Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger, and Attorney General Chris Carr will all be arrested soon.
Wood didn't specify the allegations against the Georgia officials that led to this predictions. Last year, Kemp, Duncan, Raffensperger and Carr repeatedly refused Trump's request to overturn the 2020 presidential election results in the state.
"I think Brad's probably going to be in cuffs too," he said. "It's called election fraud. That's not a good crime to commit ... That's pretty close to treason."

How can anyone this idiotic manage to breathe enough to live?
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

Over 100 republicans signed a letter threatening to start a 3rd party. Miles Taylor (former DHS Chief of Staff, who anonymously wrote a book against Trump) has declined to list who has signed the letter, but cites the growing problems with the party and Trump’s lies.
The following 2 users Like RobbyPants's post:
  • Alan V, Cheerful Charlie

(05-13-2021, 11:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote: Over 100 republicans signed a letter threatening to start a 3rd party. Miles Taylor (former DHS Chief of Staff, who anonymously wrote a book against Trump) has declined to list who has signed the letter, but cites the growing problems with the party and Trump’s lies.

After the way they've treated Cheney, I don't think anyone in the Realistic Branch of the Republicans can consider themselves safe. The Hill reported Elizabeth Warren as saying "The Republican Party is eating itself, and discovering that the meal is poisonous."

Back to Trump news:

Quote:Officials in Palm Beach, Fla. are reportedly considering a course of action should former President Trump be indicted by Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance while he is staying at Mar-a-Lago.

According to Politico, law enforcement officials in the town have discussed how to handle a possible extradition if Trump is indicted by authorities investigating whether he committed banking and tax fraud.

The news outlet notes Trump's location would affect potential extradition proceedings, as Florida could provide some protection through its extradition statute, which gives Gov. Ron DeSantis ® the ability to intervene and determine whether someone should be surrendered to out-of-state law enforcement.

“The statute leaves room for interpretation that the governor has the power to order a review and potentially not comply with the extradition notice,” Joseph Abruzzo, circuit court clerk of Palm Beach County, told Politico.

Abruzzo is reportedly a former associate of President Biden's younger brother, Frank, but he told the outlet that “the full extent of the law will be followed and carried out appropriately, without bias.”

If Trump travels to Bedminster, N.J. as Mar-a-Lago closes for the season, however, his prospects could change. The state has a similar statute to Florida, but the governor, Phil Murphy (D), is not an ardent supporter of Trump, like DeSantis is, Politico noted.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch...indictment

I imagine if the hypothetical extradition order is ignored, New York can sue Florida in federal court for enforcement.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Alan V, RobbyPants, Dānu

Can they run the trial in his absence if he refuses to make his scheduled court appearances?

(05-13-2021, 11:51 AM)RobbyPants Wrote: Over 100 republicans signed a letter threatening to start a 3rd party[/url]...

We can only hope they do, as it'll truly fuck any chances of the "Trump Party" ever
winning government.    As well as the "old" GOP.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

(05-13-2021, 01:50 PM)RobbyPants Wrote: Can they run the trial in his absence if he refuses to make his scheduled court appearances?

According to Google, absentia trials are allowed in New York pending a hearing showing that the absence is voluntary (i.e. not in a hospital, jail, or otherwise indisposed involuntarily). If the absence is voluntary (as it would obviously be in this case) then trial in absentia is permitted by NY law. Indeed, in 2018, Cy Vance Jr, the DA in question here, did exactly that against a rapist who'd fled the jurisdiction.
On hiatus.
  • Dom, RobbyPants, skyking

I can't get too teary-eyed over Liz Cheney.  She's a warmongering old shit, just like her old man.  The "realistic" wing of the GOP still loves the idea of dealing with every foreign problem by dropping bombs on it ( provided they have no reasonable capability to shoot back ) and solving every domestic problem by giving rich fucks more tax cuts.

The Trumptards are simply batshit crazy.

There is not much to choose from there.

(05-13-2021, 03:45 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I can't get too teary-eyed over Liz Cheney.  She's a warmongering old shit, just like her old man.  The "realistic" wing of the GOP still loves the idea of dealing with every foreign problem by dropping bombs on it ( provided they have no reasonable capability to shoot back ) and solving every domestic problem by giving rich fucks more tax cuts.

Oh, I'm not lauding her policy stances, but I do respect her willingness to put her party standing on the line for speaking and sticking to the truth in this case.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • abaris, Deesse23, Dom, RobbyPants

(05-13-2021, 05:18 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 03:45 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I can't get too teary-eyed over Liz Cheney.  She's a warmongering old shit, just like her old man.  The "realistic" wing of the GOP still loves the idea of dealing with every foreign problem by dropping bombs on it ( provided they have no reasonable capability to shoot back ) and solving every domestic problem by giving rich fucks more tax cuts.

Oh, I'm not lauding her policy stances, but I do respect her willingness to put her party standing on the line for speaking and sticking to the truth in this case.

Exactly.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

This is the kind of Administration the Republicans want to return to the Oval Office:

Quote:A conservative activist group, helped by a former British spy, secretly surveilled government employees during the Trump administration with the goal of discrediting perceived enemies of former President Trump, The New York Times reported, citing people and documents on the matter.

Project Veritas — with aid from a former British spy and Erik Prince, the founder of Blackwater — was part of a campaign that involved surveillance operations against members of the FBI.

The overall effort, the Times wrote, also included a plan for a sting operation against Trump’s former national security adviser H.R. McMaster that involved some Veritas staffers, though Veritas itself has denied any involvement with that plot.

Both, the Times alleged, were intended to reveal anti-Trump sentiments.

A spokesperson for Project Veritas did not comment on the Times story, but pointed to a video posted to YouTube featuring James O’Keefe, the head of Project Veritas.

“Adam, if you’re asking these questions suffice it to say you have your facts wrong and it appears you’re going to print based upon supposition, rumor, and speculation rather than verifiable facts,” O’Keefe said in the video, addressing Adam Goldman, one of the Times reporters who contacted him for comment.

Prince and McMaster could not be reached for comment.

Project Veritas filed a defamation suit against the Times in the supreme court of the state of New York in Westchester County last November after asking the paper to retract two stories, one by Maggie Astor and another by Tiffany Hsu, about a Project Veritas video accusing Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) of voter fraud.

As part of the FBI operation reported by the Times, Project Veritas rented a pricey Georgetown house as headquarters.

The group reportedly had women pose as potential dates for FBI agents in order to secretly record them making negative comments about Trump.

The plan to discredit McMaster involved hiring a woman to approach him in the bar of Washington, D.C., restaurant Tosca, and over drinks record him making comments that could get him fired, the Times wrote.

However it is unclear if Project Veritas ever ran the operation against McMaster, the Times reported.

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/55348...xpose-anti

Can anyone say "cult of personality"?
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo

Nazi bastards.

Hey!  Whaddaya know?   There WAS voter fraud in 2020.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/more-charges...er-arrest/

Quote:CHAFFEE COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) — Prosecutors have filed new charges against Barry Morphew, alleging the man accused of murdering his missing wife submitted a presidential ballot in her name.

Morphew was recently arrested on charges of murdering his wife, Suzanne, after she disappeared a year ago. She still has yet to be found.

Quote:On April 22, Barry was asked by FBI agents why he submitted a ballot for Suzanne.

“Just because I wanted Trump to win…I know she (Suzanne) was going to vote for Trump anyways,” he told investigators. He also said he thought the “other guys'” were cheating so he would “give him (former president Trump) another vote.”

Fuckface lost Colorado anyway.

Hard at work trying to undermine our democracy again. Putin is really getting his money's worth.

Quote:Former President Donald Trump took to his new blog Saturday to repeat a widely shared claim about the Maricopa County, Arizona, election audit.

“The entire Database of Maricopa County in Arizona has been DELETED!” Trump wrote in a post, calling such action “illegal.”

The former president has routinely and publicly questioned the legitimacy of the 2020 presidential election, in which he lost both the electoral vote and the popular vote to President Joe Biden.

“This is illegal and the Arizona State Senate, who is leading the Forensic Audit, is up in arms. Additionally, seals were broken on the boxes that hold the votes, ballots are missing, and worse,” Trump said.

[...]

Earlier this week, Maricopa County Board of Supervisors Chairman Jack Sellers, a Republican, responded to these claims after Arizona Senate President Karen Fann wrote an open letter about “serious issues” that she had with the audit process.

These issues included a claim that a database was deleted, as well as alleged noncompliance of the legislative subpoena, and a chain of custody issues with the ballots.

"After reviewing the letter with County election and IT experts, I can say the allegations are false and ill-informed," Sellers wrote in his statement.

The board of supervisors chairman said such claims were “completely baseless.”

"Moreover, the claim that our employees deleted election files and destroyed evidence is outrageous, completely baseless and beneath the dignity of the Arizona Senate. I demand an immediate retraction of any public statements made to the news media and spread via Twitter," Sellers added.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/...na-deleted

Lying to explain away a defeat ... what is he, five years old? Jesus, someone needs to hit him in the face with a full toilet.
On hiatus.
  • Dom, TheGentlemanBastard, RobbyPants

As a resident of Maricopa County I wish I had known what those fuckheads were going to be doing. I would have sprinkled bamboo all over my mail in ballot!

And dabbed it with soy sauce for good measure!

Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Bucky Ball

Quote:Former President Trump is expected to resume his signature rallies in June, an adviser confirmed, the latest sign of him becoming increasingly visible and ramping up political activity since leaving office in January.

The Daily Mail first reported on tentative plans for the rallies, which are expected to include two appearances in June and one at the beginning of July. The events are likely to be similar to the airport rallies that Trump held last year as he campaigned for reelection during the coronavirus pandemic. The events have not been formally announced.

Trump has tightened his grip on the Republican Party in recent days, as House Republicans voted to oust Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) from her leadership post after she repeatedly called out the former president for his false claims about winning the 2020 election after he lost to now-President Biden.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/55...es-in-june
On hiatus.

Nothing but criminals...

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-doj-...er-account

Quote:https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-doj-...er-account

Quote:TWITTER, INC.’S MOTION TO QUASH SUBPOENA AND VACATE NONDISCLOSURE ORDER AND MEMORANDUM IN SUPPORTINTRODUCTIONThe government has issued a subpoena (the “Subpoena”) for “[a]ll customer or subscriber account information” for the Twitter user @NunesAlt (the “Account”) from October 1, 2020 to present. Under the First Amendment, the government cannot compel Twitter to produce information related to the Account unless it “can show a compelling interest in the sought-after material and a sufficient nexus between the subject matter of the investigation and the information it seek[s].” In re Grand Jury Subpoena No. 11116275, 846 F. Supp. 2d 1, 4 (D.D.C. 2012) (internal quotation marks omitted). While Twitter does not have visibility into the purpose of the Subpoena, Twitter has serious concerns whether the government can meet this standard given the context in which it has received the Subpoena.

Bill Barr:  First rank piece of trumpist shit.

(05-17-2021, 01:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ... Trump is expected to resume his signature rallies in June ...

This is good news: it will reveal the state of Trump's stamina and furnish a gauge by which to estimate when he tips over dead, hopefully on stage.  One thing that's absolutely dependable is Trump's delusions about his own health and he will fatally overestimate his ability to "stand and deliver".

Also, one has to wonder how he plans to get to these rallies, which will require more entourage than will fit in the small Citation he presently uses.  His Boeing 757 is parked derelict with a missing engine north of Manhattan because, presumably, he can't afford to make it flyable.
The following 3 users Like airportkid's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Old Man Marsh, RobbyPants

(05-18-2021, 02:05 AM)airportkid Wrote:
(05-17-2021, 01:10 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: ... Trump is expected to resume his signature rallies in June ...

This is good news: it will reveal the state of Trump's stamina and furnish a gauge by which to estimate when he tips over dead, hopefully on stage.  One thing that's absolutely dependable is Trump's delusions about his own health and he will fatally overestimate his ability to "stand and deliver".

Also, one has to wonder how he plans to get to these rallies, which will require more entourage than will fit in the small Citation he presently uses.  His Boeing 757 is parked derelict with a missing engine north of Manhattan because, presumably, he can't afford to make it flyable.

I can't say much about his transportation arrangements, but a publicity tour is a stressful thing, I imagine. I myself think his mental deterioration might possibly be pretty evident by the end of it all.
On hiatus.

(05-18-2021, 02:05 AM)airportkid Wrote:

This is not good news. Good news would be that he is fading into history. Bad news is that he would run again. He has idiot followers and could win.

I initially laughed when Trump was chosen to run the first time. I will NOT make that mistake again. With Republican State governments screwing the voting rules, he might win the Electoral College majority. in 2024.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!
The following 5 users Like Cavebear's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dom, isbelldl, Old Man Marsh, RobbyPants

I hope if he starts this, the people putting them on ask for payment up front. Trump thinks he's so special, he doesn't have to pay anyone anything. He thinks he's doing them a favor by gracing them with his glorious presence (Hork, hork!!)
Formerly WiCharlie Sun

Donald Trump's golf resorts lose a lot of money. According to a bombshell New York Times report published last year, the 15 courses he owns around the world have lost over $315 million over the past 20 years. The interesting question is why does Trump hang on to so many loss-making enterprises?
Much about Trump's financial arrangements remains a mystery, partly because privately listed companies in the US can largely avoid public scrutiny - though investigations into whether Trump committed bank and tax fraud may reveal more.

No one's quite sure how much he is worth. No one's sure why the self-styled "king of debt" decided to plow up to $400 million into his two Scottish golf resorts. And no one's sure what his tax returns might turn up.
But because the United Kingdom has a registry of companies that requires them to publicly file accounts every year, we can look in detail at how much his two courses in Scotland lose every year and how much debt they've racked up. (Hint: It's a lot.)

Harvie, a member of Scottish Parliament, said in February: "The purchases in Scotland were part of a very long spending spree, with his spokespeople claiming that he had vast sums of money sitting around and available for investment even though, at the same time, he was apparently being turned down for credit."

Harvie alluded to the closed-door congressional testimony in 2017 of Glenn Simpson, the head of FusionGPS, the political research agency that produced the so-called Steele dossier on links between Trump and Russia (one part of which a UK judge called "misleading").

Simpson told lawmakers that the firm's investigations had identified in the Trump Organization "patterns of buying and selling" real estate that was "suggestive of money laundering."

"And they don't, on their faces show Russian involvement, but what they do show is enormous amounts of capital flowing into these projects from unknown sources and - or at least on paper it says it's from the Trump Organisation, but it's hundreds of millions of dollars. And these golf courses are just, you know, they're sinks. They don't actually make any money."

--------------------------------------------

These are small excerpts from a long, well documented article.

Why do Trump's foreign golf resorts lose millions of dollars every year? Experts say it could be incompetence, vanity, or something more sinister (yahoo.com) 
The following 3 users Like Dom's post:
  • Alan V, Bucky Ball, Dānu

Golf is a dying business.

http://www.ajandtheway.com/golfs-decline...ing-sport/

(05-18-2021, 04:14 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Golf is a dying business.

http://www.ajandtheway.com/golfs-decline...ing-sport/

Good tax haven then.

This guy might want to get another lawyer!

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-shamans-l...ce-hitler/

Quote:Albert Watkins, Chansley's attorney, discussed his client with Talking Points Memo's Matt Shuham — who reports that Watkins indicated that he is using his client's mental state as a defense.

Watkins told Shuham, "A lot of these defendants — and I'm going to use this colloquial term, perhaps disrespectfully — but they're all fucking short-bus people. These are people with brain damage, they're fucking retarded, they're on the goddamn spectrum. But they're our brothers, our sisters, our neighbors, our coworkers — they're part of our country. These aren't bad people; they don't have prior criminal history. Fuck, they were subjected to four-plus years of goddamn propaganda, the likes of which the world has not seen since fucking Hitler."
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Bucky Ball