Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia Game #12 Peacock Mafia

Our game begins today at 6pm EST, Jan 7, 2021.

Welcome all to my very first moderated game, Peacock Mafia! Peafowl flavoring is just for fun and all mechanics function exactly like a standard, semi-open game with normal roles as outlined in the signup thread here.

Player List:

1) emjay
2) Pailzor
3) Tartarus Sauce
4) Aroura Vanilla flock member
5) Mathilda Vanilla flock member
6) Pocaracas
7) Aegon
8) Revenant Vanilla flock member
9) Paleophyte Vanilla flock member

The basic rundown:
  • There are 2 phases, day and night. They last 24 hours each. Phases change at 6 pm EST (11 pm GMT, 3 pm PST). If I’m late closing the thread, the cut-off is still 6 pm EST.
  • Be active in the game. AD’s general policy is to modkill or replace inactive players at the mod’s discretion. 
  • During the day phase, vote for whomever you wish to see lynched. Or vote for no lynch to occur. Abstentions are ignored.
  • Votes must be posted in thread using the tags (e.g. [ vote ] Aliza [ / vote ] or [ unvote ]). I will also accept bold votes, but the vote tags make it easier for me to see them. You can practice using the voting mechanism in your private thread.
  • If you change your vote, make a new post. No editing of posts is allowed. 
  • The player with the most lynch votes at the end of the day will be lynched.
  • If a tie should occur, no one will be lynched.
  • If you have a night action, post it to your private thread or PM it to me.
  • This game is gagged. Players may not converse with one another through any unsanctioned channels, or at unsanctioned times. Town communicate in the game thread during day phases only, and mafia may additionally communicate in the scum chat during the night phase. Scum chat will be locked during the day phase. Mafia may communicate on night zero. 
  • Do not claim scum with another player.
  • Do not use text that is very small, invisible, cryptographic in nature, or otherwise designed to go outside the spirit of the game.
  • Do not copy and paste or forward anything from a PM or your private thread sent to you by me. No screen-grabs of any kind.
  • Once you are dead you may not influence the game in any way. You may join me in the Popcorn Gallery so we can dish on the living players. Popcorn posts are permitted. 
  • Liking posts for non-players and deceased players is permitted on popcorn posts only. No game information may be conveyed in any manner such as changing your avatar, signature, or title.
  • If you die but your team wins then you also win.
  • If there is one Mafia and one Townie left then Mafia win.
  • There will be a ratio of 1 scum for every 3 townies (that makes 1 scum for every 4 players). Because there are 9 players in this game there will be 2 scum.
  • Roles are randomly assigned using random.org
I will post in STRUTTIN’ STUD SAPPHIRE. No one else may use that color or impersonate me in any way. admin admin/super moderators and moderator colors are also restricted for use for forum staff only.

If you have any questions about the game, tag me as @Aliza in your private thread or send me a PM.

Our game begins today at 6pm EST, Jan 7, 2021.
The following 4 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Aroura, Mathilda, emjay, pocaracas

[Image: Capture-59.png]

Welcome to the Everglades Botanical Gardens and Nature Preserve

Our Peacock Mafia Story takes place at a nature preserve in Florida where the resident peafowl live, raise their chicks, and delight tourists with their spectacular plumage. They live the easy life, posing for photos and eating out of the hands of the visitors. But recently the humans have been visiting the park far less frequently than they used to. Caretakers speak of sudden drops in tourism, mask mandates, and closures at other nearby preserves and attractions due to low attendance. Should the flock be concerned? Will they be turned out the everglades to fend for themselves?

Adding to that, the carcasses of peafowl in their prime have turned up each morning, having been devoured by hungry predators. “Who is doing this?” cries one peahen. “Certainly, it’s not one of us!” says another panicked peacock, eyeing the flock suspiciously. The peafowl scan the park but the only animals they see appear to be their own kind. “How many of us were there before the attacks began?” No one can recall the precise number. As of now, there are 9 remaining adult members of the flock but there is growing concern that there may be pheasant fakers among them.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • pocaracas

Day one begins

As the day begins in-game, I'm set for bed in-life.
Have a good morning, fellow USians.

Dang it poca, I wanted to be first!

Howdy

Vote pocaracas
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Excuse me if I'm rusty, by the way. IIRC it's been literally 2 years now since I've played a Mafia game.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • Aroura

Howdy all. Night poca. I should be able to be on for a few more hours, cos my sleep is very out of wack atm.

(01-07-2021, 11:05 PM)Aegon Wrote: Excuse me if I'm rusty, by the way. IIRC it's been literally 2 years now since I've played a Mafia game.

Yep, I think we're all rusty. I haven't played in ages either.
The following 1 user Likes emjay's post:
  • Aroura

(01-07-2021, 11:05 PM)Aegon Wrote: Excuse me if I'm rusty, by the way. IIRC it's been literally 2 years now since I've played a Mafia game.
I think it's been about that long for all of us, unless people have been playing elsewhere.

Poca said he's going to bed, so he cannot respond for a while.  Why vote an absentee player?

Vote Aegon

Also, Hi!  It's really nice to see old friends and their avatars again.  Big Grin

(01-07-2021, 11:09 PM)Aroura Wrote:
I think it's been about that long for all of us, unless people have been playing elsewhere.

Poca said he's going to bed, so he cannot respond for a while.  Why vote an absentee player?

Vote Aegon

Also, Hi!  It's really nice to see old friends and their avatars again.  Big Grin

I was just debating commenting on that, so I think I'll follow suit... 

Vote Aegon

Also, nice to see you too, and I forgot about avatars... I really ought to get my clockwork universe one over here Wink
  • Aroura

Vote Aegon

I agree with Aroura. No sense in voting somebody who isn't here to feel the pressure.

Frickin' flash-wagons!

So aside from him not being here to pressure, what's everybody else' take on Poca's post?

We're all rusty and there are new players. Should make life interesting.

Good to see you all again though and good to see some fresh faces.

Well, that escalated quickly!

I'm going to refrain from further comments until Aegon responds, though.

(01-07-2021, 11:28 PM)Aroura Wrote: Well, that escalated quickly!

Early game and nought to go on. Somebody gave us the excuse to do more than random vote.

(01-07-2021, 11:25 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: So aside from him not being here to pressure, what's everybody else' take on Poca's post?

Fluffy, but not super suss as of yet, this bears reassessment later and if it becomes a habit then action might be needed.  Aegon's instavote might just be rusty trap reflexes but is of little to no use to town and running a wagon on him now might get us some reaction.  In light of that...

Vote Lynch Aegon

[squawk]Y'all are too eager here... There's only 9 of us left! We need to repopulate![/squawk]

Vote nobody! Lay eggs instead!
The following 2 users Like Pailzor's post:
  • Aroura, Tartarus Sauce

(01-07-2021, 11:25 PM)Paleophyte Wrote: So aside from him not being here to pressure, what's everybody else' take on Poca's post?

I don't know... I'm used to him making that sort of post; some lucky people can actually sleep while playing Mafia Wink

(01-07-2021, 11:34 PM)Pailzor Wrote: [squawk]Y'all are too eager here... There's only 9 of us left! We need to repopulate![/squawk]

There's always one... I wondered what sort of player you'd end up being... I think I'm getting an idea now Big Grin
  • Aroura

(01-07-2021, 11:34 PM)Pailzor Wrote: [squawk]Y'all are too eager here... There's only 9 of us left! We need to repopulate![/squawk]

Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a peacock.

(01-07-2021, 11:37 PM)emjay Wrote:

There's always one... I wondered what sort of player you'd end up being... I think I'm getting an idea now Big Grin

What? In-character? xP

(01-07-2021, 11:43 PM)Pailzor Wrote:
(01-07-2021, 11:37 PM)emjay Wrote:

What? In-character? xP

I didn't say it was a bad thing Wink

Anyway, since you're new to the game Pailzor, any questions, just ask. This is what alpha would have called running someone up the flagpole Wink