Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesus and his magic wand

Jesus and his magic wand
(12-20-2020, 01:03 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Wands were representative of power, they weren't considered to be actual physical objects by the literate people of the time. We don't know the "code" so we wing it, usually poorly.

Sticks and wands are prevelant throughout religions.  Moses has his staff but several Greek and Roman gods also had wands, staffs, sticks and other similar things.

Athena: 

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR6MuvojggNT6y86Y3btTS...g&usqp=CAU]

Here's Hermes and his magic stick.  I really like those boots!  

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTC73odRlYt8CAgNXW2e61...Q&usqp=CAU]

Moses. 

[Image: exodus_moses_charlton_heston_red_sea.jpg]

And back to early Jesus and his magic wand raising Lazarus from the dead.  I need to put a thought bubble above Jesus' head saying "Abracadabra, hocus pocus and open sesame.  Ta-daaa!"  

[Image: 14.jpg]
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu

Jesus and his magic wand
Moses was banned from the promised land because he struck the stone with his staff instead of waving it over the stone. God is a dick.
  [Image: attachment.php?aid=31] Dog  
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Jesus and his magic wand
(12-20-2020, 10:47 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Moses was banned from the promised land because he struck the stone with his staff instead of waving it over the stone. God is a dick.

Wait, what?  He struck the stone instead of waving it and god was pissed?  I don't remember this part of the story.  The biblical god is a very fickle character.
                                                         T4618

Jesus and his magic wand
(12-20-2020, 11:46 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 10:47 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Moses was banned from the promised land because he struck the stone with his staff instead of waving it over the stone. God is a dick.

Wait, what?  He struck the stone instead of waving it and god was pissed?  I don't remember this part of the story.  The biblical god is a very fickle character.

He struck it in anger, was the complaint, as I recall. Same basic idea: Moses, you're doing it wrong (how dare you!) ... you don't get to see the Promised Land. So yeah, god's a dick, especially given that he allows himself similar fits of pique. Including his response to Moses striking the rock.

Jesus and his magic wand
(12-20-2020, 09:20 AM)Little Lunch Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:49 AM)Cavebear Wrote:
(12-20-2020, 08:28 AM)Little Lunch Wrote: So may incorrect thoughts.
It is a weird thing to say.
I wonder what the equivalent saying for a large vagina is?
I didn't know whether to fuck it or throw in my washing. :-)

Because you can't hit someone over the head with a vagina.

So many incorrect thoughts...  But I think I will be smart and avoid them.

I think you are accidentally putting words into my mouth!

I seldom do anything by accident. And I would never put anything into your mouth, LOL!
I came to a fork in the road, and I took it!

Jesus and his magic wand
You don't even know what my mouth looks like. It's a fucking sexy mouth.
You'd be rubbing yourself all over it like a randy dog.
Of course I would never let you, LOL!

Jesus and his magic wand
(12-25-2020, 08:57 AM)Little Lunch Wrote: You don't even know what my mouth looks like. It's a fucking sexy mouth.
You'd be rubbing yourself all over it like a randy dog.
Of course I would never let you, LOL!

I regret to say that I think you are losing control over your postings... Please take a break and calm down.
I came to a fork in the road, and I took it!

Jesus and his magic wand
That's because you're a robot.