Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The God's hiddenness argument and Quran.

(12-16-2020, 02:02 PM)Vera Wrote: "I'd be too suspicious," he replies. "How come no guy wanted to date you?"

Quote:I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

G Marx.

Or is that a really bad analogy. Big Grin

(12-16-2020, 10:29 AM)SYZ Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 09:36 AM)Little Lunch Wrote:
(12-15-2020, 08:20 AM)SYZ Wrote: As if this self-described Lothario would ever, ever be in this position... 

What a wanker!  His ugly fucking face would totally put off any woman with
an IQ higher than her shoe size.  Link looks like a fucking terrorist before he
even opens his mouth LOL.

Whoah man, that's not cool.

Well, during my longish lifetime, I've found it to be true that often a person's real
inner self is clearly, visibly apparent in their facial features, and outward demeanour.

Link looks sullen, angry, bitter, and ready to punch someone's lights out.  His
is not the face of a man satisfied with his life, self confident, or prepared to enter
into any meaningful discourse with others. And it's the face of someone whose entire
life is driven solely by the tenets of a reprehensible, evil religion that stones women
to death for drinking alcohol or driving a car, or which removes little girls' external
genitalia with a razor blade.

And Link is a practising member of this religion, and should be despised for it.     Angry

Sounds like you have your own form of phrenology, which is a pseudo science, by the way.
I don't see that face that you see.
I just see a kind person but I could be wrong too.
The following 1 user Likes Little Lunch's post:
  • SYZ

I feel sorry for incels.
Of course, being in disability I work with them everyday, men and women.

What is Scrupulosity?
A form of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) involving religious or moral
obsessions. Scrupulous individuals are overly concerned that something they thought or
did might be a sin or other violation of religious or moral doctrine.
What are the symptoms of scrupulosity?
Common obsessions seen in scrupulosity include excessive concerns about:
• Blasphemy
• Having committed a sin
• Behaving morally
• Purity
• Going to hell
• Death
• A loss of impulse control
Besides excessive worry about religious and moral issues, scrupulosity sufferers engage
in mental or behavioral compulsions.
https://iocdf.org/wp-content/uploads/201...-Sheet.pdf
https://ocdla.com/scrupulosity-ocd-relig...elief-2107
https://www.psytoolkit.org/survey-librar...-pios.html
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • Little Lunch

(12-16-2020, 02:02 PM)Vera Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 12:17 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: The giveaway was when he had to point out that it was three hot women he could have dated, if he wanted.

Not exactly to do with whether he's lying (to us or himself) but a general-ish comment on the whole "incel" thing.

My problem (well, one of them ;-)) with so called “incels” and people like that, bemoaning the superficiality of women, is the whole insistence on being, well, provided, really, “hot” women to fuck.
It is at least in part a function of the idea that all you need to be entitled to something is to want it enough. I am put in mind of a guy I met once who was utterly convinced that he had the next Great American Novel in him, just bursting to get out. But he couldn't get anyone to publish his stuff. He directed me to a self-published set of three novels at someplace like Lulu.com, and it didn't take me five seconds to understand his utter, abject talentlessness. He couldn't form coherent sentences, much less paragraphs or chapters. It was utter, unmitigated dreck. He appeared to be a case of someone who wanted to bypass all effort, ignore all standards, and just go straight to being the next Ernest Hemingway by writing large numbers of words. And that wasn't going to happen, even if he HAD talent. There are lots of people with writing chops who never break through, or who achieve critical success but not financial reward or fame. His whole ambition was based on childish and unrealistic notions of what it is to be an author.

Similarly, I would suggest that incel ambition is based on childish and unrealistic notions of what it is to be a man.

Men DO exist for whom the primary turn-on is something other than some arbitrary Madison Avenue standard of beauty that gives them everything they want in exchange for nothing. And they are capable of connecting their own appearance and conduct and maturity as having a large influence on that -- and capable of understanding that women are not a receptacle for their projections, but independent human beings with their own needs / preferences / desires.

My stepson is like that. His one love interest so far was a very plain looking gal, and that fact did not even register on him. He was attracted to her mind. She rejected him, kindly, on the basis that she did not feel ready for a serious relationship, and while disappointed, he respected that and immediately let go.

This is not rocket science, but the entitlement mentality behind the "incel" movement and so much else in society insures that men limit their options and then wonder why they have none.
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Inkubus