Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tithes to churches or Universal Health Care

Tithes to churches or Universal Health Care
(12-23-2020, 12:02 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: If it is statistically true that theists give more to charity than atheists, we atheists should accept reality and not be pussies about it, whining that their motivations are impure and religiously motivated or religiously self-interested or whatever.  Actions speak louder than words.  I tip my cap to anyone who gives to charity, for whatever their reason.

Religious people giving to religion charities frequently has a different end point than secular donations.  Some of that donated money is self serving.   Sometimes, but not always, proselytizing comes with the chicken soup for the homeless... because converting people down on their luck is an old religious hat trick.  "Oh, aren't you super greatful to Jesus for this ham sandwich?"   Doctors Without Borders doesn't have this catch so I've donated to them.  

Don't get me started on Mother Teresa's organization.
                                                         T4618
The following 3 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • adey67, Thumpalumpacus, SYZ

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tithes to churches or Universal Health Care - by Dancefortwo - 12-23-2020, 05:13 PM