Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phobias

Phobias
(11-01-2020, 10:42 PM)julep Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:30 PM)Aliza Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:10 PM)julep Wrote: Spiders. 
Mayonnaise. 
Death by fire or flood.  
Death in general.

Wait, mayonnaise? Please do explain.  Nod

Explain why I’m afraid of an utterly horrible substance?  De gustibus, etc., I guess.  I don’t understand how the rest of you can put that snail slime into so many food items.  

I can’t pass by a mayonnaise display case without gagging.  Can’t watch people eat it...kitchen assholes keep sneaking it onto my sandwiches even when, as I always do, I ask not to have it included.  I would never be able to send back such a sandwich, so I just eat nothing on the plate...because gross, who knows how much that stuff has touched, and then the waitress comes back to clear and scolds me for not eating it.

It's eggs and oil.  Do you those?
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 03:40 AM)Chas Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:42 PM)julep Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:30 PM)Aliza Wrote: Wait, mayonnaise? Please do explain.  Nod

Explain why I’m afraid of an utterly horrible substance?  De gustibus, etc., I guess.  I don’t understand how the rest of you can put that snail slime into so many food items.  

I can’t pass by a mayonnaise display case without gagging.  Can’t watch people eat it...kitchen assholes keep sneaking it onto my sandwiches even when, as I always do, I ask not to have it included.  I would never be able to send back such a sandwich, so I just eat nothing on the plate...because gross, who knows how much that stuff has touched, and then the waitress comes back to clear and scolds me for not eating it.

I am aware of that.   The combination is nasty.  And no, I don’t care for the taste of raw eggs and only use oil to cook with, and not often at that.  As to cooked eggs, I eat them, but only rarely.  nNot my favorite by any means.   

Generally I find many sauces distasteful.  Don’t eat salad dressings of any kind, no sour cream, no yogurt.    I don’t drink milk, either.
god, ugh

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 09:26 AM)julep Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 03:40 AM)Chas Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:42 PM)julep Wrote: Explain why I’m afraid of an utterly horrible substance?  De gustibus, etc., I guess.  I don’t understand how the rest of you can put that snail slime into so many food items.  

I am aware of that.   The combination is nasty.  And no, I don’t care for the taste of raw eggs and only use oil to cook with, and not often at that.  As to cooked eggs, I eat them, but only rarely.  nNot my favorite by any means.   

Generally I find many sauces distasteful.  Don’t eat salad dressings of any kind, no sour cream, no yogurt.    I don’t drink milk, either.

I had a friend who loved greasy fast food hamburgers but always "no mayo". He considered the "onion bits" on them his veggie for the day. To each their own. I personally LOVE sauces of most kinds. And salads with dressing (to be fair, LOTS of salad, little dressing). But just today, I made deviled eggs, extra mayo and hot relish. Yum.

On the other hand, mac and cheese makes me gag, the smell of coffee makes me gag (I drink green tea and chocolate milk in the morning), and I can't stand the smell of fish. We all have our dislikes.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Phobias
(11-01-2020, 10:13 PM)c172 Wrote: Bees, snakes, spiders, jellyfish, sting rays. I'd prolly hate Australia. California's already pretty questionable.

LOL... yes, we have the deadliest of each downunder.

Coastal Taipan,  Sydney Funnel-web, Box jellyfish.

Steve Irwin, known as "the crocodile hunter", was killed in 2006 by a stingray. He was
pierced through the heart by the stingray's barbed tail, and died of blood loss.  Although
the accompanying film crew were capturing footage during the incident, it's never been
released publicly.  Because these rays are known to be non-aggressive, and even playful,  
it was suggested that Irwin was provoking it by prodding it with a stick of some sort—in
order to get it to start moving away for the benefit of filming interest.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Cavebear

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 01:13 AM)Aliza Wrote: I have encountered both aggressive, nesting peafowl, and peacocks who were just like, "Oh hey there! I see you're eating lunch on the porch. It's a beautiful day, isn't it? Are those grapes you have there?"

Remember that the display is meant to facilitate fucking. From there it's obvious...
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Aliza

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 12:25 PM)SYZ Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 10:13 PM)c172 Wrote: Bees, snakes, spiders, jellyfish, sting rays. I'd prolly hate Australia. California's already pretty questionable.

LOL... yes, we have the deadliest of each downunder.

Coastal Taipan,  Sydney Funnel-web, Box jellyfish.

Steve Irwin, known as "the crocodile hunter", was killed in 2006 by a stingray. He was
pierced through the heart by the stingray's barbed tail, and died of blood loss.  Although
the accompanying film crew were capturing footage during the incident, it's never been
released publicly.  Because these rays are known to be non-aggressive, and even playful,  
it was suggested that Irwin was provoking it by prodding it with a stick of some sort—in
order to get it to start moving away for the benefit of filming interest.

I laughed when Irwin died. Grandstanding idiots deserve it. I do not admire such people.

Phobias
He was trying to be Crocodile Dundee.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 2 users Like Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Cavebear, c172

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 01:08 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: He was trying to be Crocodile Dundee.

Yeah, he was an idiot too.

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 01:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:
(11-02-2020, 01:05 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(11-01-2020, 12:58 PM)Unsapien Wrote: Hey no joke, peacocks maybe beautiful, but they are not nice animals. We had two peacocks on our farm and they were as good guarding the place as our guard dogs. They can be real ass-holes just like the geese.

As far back as the Bronze Age peacocks were used at sentries. They don't like strangers about.

But they're so beautiful!

I have encountered both aggressive, nesting peafowl, and peacocks who were just like, "Oh hey there! I see you're eating lunch on the porch. It's a beautiful day, isn't it? Are those grapes you have there?"

They are beautiful, and they are protective...if you're lucky. Chances are that if they came this far north, they're pissed.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

Phobias
(11-02-2020, 09:26 AM)julep Wrote: I am aware of that.   The combination is nasty.  And no, I don’t care for the taste of raw eggs and only use oil to cook with, and not often at that.  As to cooked eggs, I eat them, but only rarely.  nNot my favorite by any means.   

Shock

My dreams of any future for us are shattered. Sadcryface 

The gulf that yawns between us is unfathomably wide and bottomless.  Weeping
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 2 users Like Chas's post:
  • julep, Fireball