Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Poll: Contribution temperature check: Where are you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I can pay $20 in one shot every three years.
33.33%
8 33.33%
I can pay less then $20 all at once.
0%
0 0%
I can cover more than $20 if needed.
33.33%
8 33.33%
Smaller monthly payments would better.
0%
0 0%
I can do the $20, but I have concerns about privacy.
16.67%
4 16.67%
I'd love to contribute, but it's a bad time for that.
4.17%
1 4.17%
Other (please describe)
12.50%
3 12.50%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Donation temperature check

When the Scots wanted to ruffle Long Shank's feathers they would send out messages calling out the clans and the north would rise again. Luckily for them they had Irish men willing to show them how to do it right.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Aliza

(05-04-2021, 10:32 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: When the Scots wanted to ruffle Long Shank's feathers they would send out messages calling out the clans and the north would rise again. Luckily for them they had Irish men willing to show them how to do it right.

Okay, but when you send them, make sure they spell it with a "c." That's very important.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

Well, I for one donated last year, but shortly thereafter the whole thing went dark until
a few days ago this month.  No more information; no statement of monies obtained; no
AD  bank statements of account.  It almost seems as if my money disappeared into a
cyberspace black hole.  How do I know it was used as I intended?

And how many people actually donated? Ten, 100 maybe?  We have a membership
of 1,000 people—what percentage pf those members thought at the time the site was
worth maintaining for the future?  Were sufficient funds received from members who
actually did donate to support the site costs for 20/21 or did we need a lot more?  If there
was indeed a lack of interest, is there any hope that more people will donate?

I'm more than happy to cough up 20 Koala dollars each year, but I need to know my
money is helping the cause, so to speak.

PS:   As I recall, last year Mathilda organised a payment scheme through one of her rellos?
        Is that scheme still operative, as it worked fine for me.  Can it be resurrected?  Can
        one of the admins open a PayPal account in the name of Atheist Discussion?

:sun:      [smilies aren't working!]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Count me in.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org