Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My wife has tested positive :(

She had the result this morning, she only got tested as a pre-op precaution organised by the hospital. I've brought the younger kids home from school, my eldest has notified his work as have I.
I'm really worried because she has high blod pressure and has not been well recently with other things.. 
I'm trying to be upbeat with the youngsters so as not to panic them, my daughter is a worryer so I'm trying not to say anything negative...
Just hope that she doesn't develope symptoms now.
The following 11 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • brewerb, Deesse23, SYZ, Kim, Little Lunch, mordant, skyking, GenesisNemesis, Dom, Cheerful Charlie, Aegon

I am so sorry to hear that Sadcryface , I hope everything will be alright soon and she will get out of it quickly and without much trouble... don't worry, she will be fine Heart !!! We need to be of good faith!! Stay warm and try to make her smile..should help...worries never helps...
Good Luck!!!!
Hug
Elmyra- i'm gonna hug you and love you and squeeze you into itty bitty pieces...until you die!!!
The following 4 users Like KittyAnn's post:
  • Kim, TonyAnkle, skyking, Dom

Sympathies. Hopefully she'll have a mild case/reactions. Best wishes.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Kim, TonyAnkle

My best wishes to you all.
The following 1 user Likes Finite Monkeys's post:
  • TonyAnkle

*sending thoughts and prayers* Winking

Hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Kim, TonyAnkle

I am sorry to hear this mate I'm sending you good vibes through the interwebz. The north has been hit really hard for some reason (probably partly due to demographics.) 22000 new cases in the last 24 hrs is our worst number yet unfortunately. Hang tough and we're here if you need to vent.  Thumbs Up
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 2 users Like adey67's post:
  • TonyAnkle, skyking

So sorry to hear this  Hug Sending hugs to you and your wife and your family.  Heart
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Tony, I'm so sorry to hear this! I know this must be very stressful for your family. Stay strong for her and the kids, and if you need to decompress, we're here for you. Bear hug
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Bcat, TonyAnkle, mordant

No good! I hope that if you all do get it, that it's mild.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Aliza, TonyAnkle, skyking

I hope things go well for all of you.
god, ugh
The following 1 user Likes julep's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Best wishes for her quick and full recovery.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TonyAnkle

My condolences.

[Image: Screenshot-2019-06-07-at-17.04.17.png]

These are far more powerful than thoughts and prayers.
The following 4 users Like no one's post:
  • Aliza, TonyAnkle, GenesisNemesis, skyking

Is there a hotel she can go to quarantine in?  We have a couple in my area for this purpose.  It's best to separate those testing positive from others in a family who also need to quarantine but, may not be positive.  

Of course, if you have a room with it's own bathroom, she can separate herself that way.  That's preferable, I'd think.  Shy

You'll all get through it, if you take care to observe all changes happening & don't hesitate get to hospital for treatment if symptoms worsen.
 The best thing to have at hand is an oximeter to observe oxygen levels. They are fairly inexpensive and your hospital may even provide you with one for positive, home quarantine patients.

Eat well, vitamine D, plenty of rest, & take care.   Heart

That sucks, man.

Take solace in the fact that most cases never develop into something serious.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • TonyAnkle, Kim

Thank you all for the replies. Sorry about the spelling and punctuation in the OP.. My head's up my arse.
The following 9 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Bcat, Aliza, Unsapien, KittyAnn, c172, mordant, skyking, Thumpalumpacus, Dom

Man I'm sorry for what you're going through.

Kim beat me to the thoughts of quarantining her from you as best you can or at least a solid cleaning regiment, my wife and I have already talked about our plans if it hits us.
[Image: 20220702-163925.jpg]

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard

The following 4 users Like Unsapien's post:
  • skyking, Aliza, TonyAnkle, Dom

Tony, this is terrible news but you're right not to borrow trouble. I'll add my voice to the chorus of (easier said than done) recommendations to quarantine away from home.

You must, for her sake and yours, take care of yourself. Pull out all the stops with masking and disinfection.
The following 3 users Like mordant's post:
  • Aliza, Kim, TonyAnkle

Tony i am saddened by the news that it touched your family. Hug Do avail yourselves of all the help that is available to you. We are standing by.
The following 8 users Like skyking's post:
  • Aliza, Unsapien, KittyAnn, SYZ, Kim, TonyAnkle, Bcat, adey67

Just a quick update..

We are all doing well. My wife has spent the last two days seperate from us which I know has been challenging for her. She has always been in the thick of things with the kids, she's a great mother... 

Her physical health is ok-ish, much the same as it was before and there are no signs that this virus is going to make her really poorly. She actually managed to work from home today Smile

My employer has informed me that I will not be paid while isolating (which is a fucking disgrace by the way) so I will spend my time off looking for work with a company that gives a shit about it's employees. 

The kids have gotten their heads around the situation and are mostly fine.

Thanks again for the messages of support and I hope to be back here soon, talking about black puddings, the weather and puppies and stuff.

Quote:so I will spend my time off looking for work with a company that gives a shit about it's employees.

Don't waste your time looking in America, then.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Best of luck, Tony, and well-wishes to your wife.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Thanks for your update Tony, and it was reassuring to hear that your wife
is hopefully travelling okay.  Take care mate.        
Hug
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • TonyAnkle

Some good news! Yesterday my wife went for another test (through her work with the NHS) and we recieved a negative result today. I'm so relieved that it didn't cause our family any major issues, and maybe now we can get back to some sort of normal.
Me and the kids need to stay at home until Saturday, but at least now she can get out and about... I'm sending her out to get me some beer Big Grin
The following 5 users Like TonyAnkle's post:
  • Deesse23, Unsapien, brewerb, SYZ, Thumpalumpacus

Wow, what a roller coaster. I guess that shows us how unreliable those tests really are. Glad to hear it ended well for you guys.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • TonyAnkle

I'm glad all is well! Smile
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • TonyAnkle