Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fires in Oregon. Dom, how are you doing?

I know I was going to take a couple months off but looking out the window at the sick, blood red smoky sky has momentarly brougnt me back.  How are you doing Dom?   I hear that Medford is having problems and Talent has seen some distruction.  We're out of range of evacuation but the smoke has shifted up here and breathing isn't so good.     

Wierdest sky I've ever seen. 

[Image: 5f5929ec9e1f0.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C800]
                                                         T4618
The following 5 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Bcat, Tres Leches, Thumpalumpacus, brewerb

(09-10-2020, 02:06 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I know I was going to take a couple months off but looking out the window at the sick, blood red smoky sky has momentarly brougnt me back.  How are you doing Dom?   I hear that Medford is having problems and Talent has seen some distruction.  We're out of range of evacuation but the smoke has shifted up here and breathing isn't so good.     

I had a lot of smoke yesterday, too much to leave the house at all. Had to wear a mask to feed the Llama, my lungs felt burning from the smoke, as did my throat, nose and mouth. It blew out overnight, but the wind fanned the fires....
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Bcat, Dancefortwo, brewerb

Stay safe everyone!
The following 2 users Like Bcat's post:
  • Dancefortwo, GenesisNemesis

Here's why wildfire smoke can make you sick: Wildfire smoke includes particles from burning vegetation and building materials mixed with gases. If your eyes feel like they're stinging, smoke exposure could also be inflicting other damage. Particles could be getting into your respiratory system. 
Exposure can cause chest pain, a fast heartbeat or wheezing or bring on an asthma attack. Besides coughing and trouble breathing, many people experience symptoms similar to a sinus infection, such as headaches, sore throat, a runny nose and even tiredness, according to the CDC. 
Wildfire smoke can be especially harmful to the elderly, pregnant women, children and those with chronic heart and lung diseases. Because children breathe more air per pound of body weight than adults and their airways are still developing, they may experience more severe symptoms. 
Those with asthma or lung disease should consult their doctors about navigating situations like this. Some people may even experience illnesses like bronchitis due to the fine.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/wildfir...index.html

This page updates frequently.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 4 users Like Dom's post:
  • Tres Leches, Dancefortwo, Bcat, GenesisNemesis

(09-10-2020, 02:11 AM)Dom Wrote:
(09-10-2020, 02:06 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: I know I was going to take a couple months off but looking out the window at the sick, blood red smoky sky has momentarly brougnt me back.  How are you doing Dom?   I hear that Medford is having problems and Talent has seen some distruction.  We're out of range of evacuation but the smoke has shifted up here and breathing isn't so good.     

I had a lot of smoke yesterday, too much to leave the house at all. Had to wear a mask to feed the Llama, my lungs felt burning from the smoke, as did my throat, nose and mouth. It blew out overnight, but the wind fanned the fires....

It's so hot, dry and windy.  Usually we get these type of winds in the late fall and winter but it's hitting us right in the midst of a heat wave.  It's going to be about 96 tomorrow. Ick.  Anyway, just checking up on you Dom.  Wanted to make sure you were doing ok. Take care everyone.   Thumbs Up
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Tres Leches, Bcat, Fireball, Dom

Oh shit guys... please take extra care.  I know how you're feeling at the moment, living as I
do in one of the most bushfire prone regions in the world.     Grouphug

Six rural regions in NSW were declared to be in the BFDP (Bush Fire Danger Period) on 1 August
despite winter not officially ending until 22 September this year.  Increasing frequency and
ferocity of bushfires globally are obviously due in major part to global warming, but the denialists
are still at work here.

And Dancer... your image looks apocalyptic mate!
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Dom