Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Philosophy from Evolution.

I am submitting this forward to see if there are any positive responses and if so, maybe some ideas for improvements. Here goes... Huh

PHILOSOPHY FROM EVOLUTION.
How the same Evolutionary framework of unity evolved the Universe, life and humanity.
That force yields to force is the basis of the competing forces in the Universe.
That unity causes superior force in that competition.
That unity caused life.
That unity is a primary force for success in the competition for life.
That unity causes our collective known reality.
-         -    -
Unity began after the Big Bang, with the coalescing of quantum fundamental forces.
Causing greater force, matter and mass into a dynamic turmoil of competing forces.
That unity of matter formed earth and our solar system.
That unity of matter subsequently formed simple life, then complex life on earth.
That unity became a determining force for evolution of species.
For successful propagation, nurture, protection and cooperation causing survive by thrive. By dominating resources in an environmental niche.
In what Darwin termed ‘the war of nature’.
That unity became a determining force for evolution of homo sapiens.
Again, the continuum. For successful propagation, nurture, protection and cooperation causing survive by thrive. By dominating resources in a geographic area.
That unity caused virtues and values to emerge. Becoming genetically captured as they further supported unity cooperation.
Including, ‘good, morals, ethics, fairness, temperance, reason, empathy and love’.
That the success of unity evolved judgement of sacrifice.
Evolving abilities such as resilience and determination to manage emotions, needs, wants and resources for a stronger tomorrow.
With the unity gene survive by thrive success, finally evolving the golden rule of sacrifice,
‘treat others how you would like to be treated’.
Subsequently becoming the unity basis of most cultural and religious narratives.
That judgement of sacrifice for a stronger tomorrow, is still a force for success of any person, family, group, team, society, sport, company, army or country today.
That Natural Selection for competence and efficiency are the same abilities Intelligent Selection seek for a unified thriving market driven economy today.
Unity gives us oceans, mountains, beaches, biology. Manufacturing, buildings, machines, great sporting events. Friendships, love, intelligence.
The reality of everything is unity.
Unity, the cosmological continuum that caused life and causes a great life if we are smart enough.

Therefore, shouldn’t we know Evolution to know thyself, to know our purpose, to know the importance of cooperation.
To know we need to work in a cohesive, reasoned manner, as a force for an elevated platform of sustainable well-being for all.
Using facts, evidence, logic, critical thinking, peer review in search of the truth.  
That we need to create this force for ‘good’, from the perspective of the Sciences.
To counter unrelenting, unemotional internal and external destructive forces of evolution.
However, most societies around the world are still guided by the virtual reality of excluding religious dogmas.
During this COVID pandemic, we have seen these baseless beliefs, once again crushed by a force from Evolution.
There would be untold deaths if not for the force of our true saviour, Science.

Evolution fits the collective known reality beyond reasonable doubt.

Evolutionary Mechanics is also the understanding framework, for most, if not all the important fields of endeavour today.

With Unity Evolution the basis of education,  balancing the ‘greenhouse effect’ may become the urgent matter it is.

Join the Evolution revolution. Honesty   since 1859.
Understand our random luck and be a force for ‘good’.
One species, one planet, one goal. Sustainable well-being for all.
If we go, others will follow…

There is nothing in evolutionary theory that posits anything about "unity".
In fact "diversity" (adaptation to specific environments) is what we observe.
Further, what we observe in the universe is chaos, in many systems.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_theo...ganization.
"In all processes that occur, including spontaneous processes, the total entropy of the system and its surroundings increases and the process is irreversible in the thermodynamic sense." In other words, what we observe is increasing disorder in this universe.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_law...modynamics
Evolution promoted the survival of specific individual "groups" ... not collective groups. (See any Anthropology text).
Looking at humanity, I would use any other word, but I doubt I would use "unity". LOL
Have you studied any science ? Does unity give us schizophrenia and cancer ?
Test
The following 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • Bcat, Chas, M.Linoge, mordant

(09-01-2020, 12:40 AM)Ray Harvey Wrote: I am submitting this forward to see if there are any positive responses and if so, maybe some ideas for improvements. Here goes... Huh

PHILOSOPHY FROM EVOLUTION.
How the same Evolutionary framework of unity evolved the Universe, life and humanity.
That force yields to force is the basis of the competing forces in the Universe.
That unity causes superior force in that competition.
That unity caused life.
That unity is a primary force for success in the competition for life.
That unity causes our collective known reality.
-         -    -
Unity began after the Big Bang, with the coalescing of quantum fundamental forces.
Causing greater force, matter and mass into a dynamic turmoil of competing forces.
That unity of matter formed earth and our solar system.
That unity of matter subsequently formed simple life, then complex life on earth.
That unity became a determining force for evolution of species.
For successful propagation, nurture, protection and cooperation causing survive by thrive. By dominating resources in an environmental niche.
In what Darwin termed ‘the war of nature’.
That unity became a determining force for evolution of homo sapiens.
Again, the continuum. For successful propagation, nurture, protection and cooperation causing survive by thrive. By dominating resources in a geographic area.
That unity caused virtues and values to emerge. Becoming genetically captured as they further supported unity cooperation.
Including, ‘good, morals, ethics, fairness, temperance, reason, empathy and love’.
That the success of unity evolved judgement of sacrifice.
Evolving abilities such as resilience and determination to manage emotions, needs, wants and resources for a stronger tomorrow.
With the unity gene survive by thrive success, finally evolving the golden rule of sacrifice,
‘treat others how you would like to be treated’.
Subsequently becoming the unity basis of most cultural and religious narratives.
That judgement of sacrifice for a stronger tomorrow, is still a force for success of any person, family, group, team, society, sport, company, army or country today.
That Natural Selection for competence and efficiency are the same abilities Intelligent Selection seek for a unified thriving market driven economy today.
Unity gives us oceans, mountains, beaches, biology. Manufacturing, buildings, machines, great sporting events. Friendships, love, intelligence.
The reality of everything is unity.
Unity, the cosmological continuum that caused life and causes a great life if we are smart enough.

Therefore, shouldn’t we know Evolution to know thyself, to know our purpose, to know the importance of cooperation.
To know we need to work in a cohesive, reasoned manner, as a force for an elevated platform of sustainable well-being for all.
Using facts, evidence, logic, critical thinking, peer review in search of the truth.  
That we need to create this force for ‘good’, from the perspective of the Sciences.
To counter unrelenting, unemotional internal and external destructive forces of evolution.
However, most societies around the world are still guided by the virtual reality of excluding religious dogmas.
During this COVID pandemic, we have seen these baseless beliefs, once again crushed by a force from Evolution.
There would be untold deaths if not for the force of our true saviour, Science.

Evolution fits the collective known reality beyond reasonable doubt.

Evolutionary Mechanics is also the understanding framework, for most, if not all the important fields of endeavour today.

With Unity Evolution the basis of education,  balancing the ‘greenhouse effect’ may become the urgent matter it is.

Join the Evolution revolution. Honesty   since 1859.
Understand our random luck and be a force for ‘good’.
One species, one planet, one goal. Sustainable well-being for all.
If we go, others will follow…

There is a lot I can't buy into, but I do like the overall sentiment.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]
The following 1 user Likes Dom's post:
  • Little Lunch

OP: You used "Unity" so many times, and in so many poor ways, that all I can think of now is Rick and Morty.

Try breaking down your "Unity" theory into smaller bits with more definitions and justifications.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 1 user Likes brewerb's post:
  • Dānu

Ray, can I come to your house and preach science?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

What is the purpose of people who are born with genetic disorders? Especially if the symptoms are fatal.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

I’m a little confused.  Are you attempting to be poetic or scientific?
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Reeks of spam to me.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Deesse23, brewerb, Finite Monkeys

Quote:‘treat others how you would like to be treated’.

Really?  If I had to pick a mantra for humanity it would be might makes right.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball

Also I'm not sure what OP means by they only want "positive" responses. Usually people who say that don't want to be criticized.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • mordant, Chas

(09-01-2020, 06:13 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Also I'm not sure what OP means by they only want "positive" responses. Usually people who say that don't want to be criticized.
In fairness he didn't say ONLY positive and he's hoping for suggested improvements.

Still, I can't be of service to him because I couldn't wade through so much woo this early in the day. I haven't had my third cup of coffee as yet.
The following 2 users Like mordant's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, brewerb

Are you the Time Cube guy?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Fireball

(09-01-2020, 04:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Reeks of spam to me.

It most definitely is Thump, and he needs banning.  Harvey
is simply trying to increase sales for his book, which you can
buy on Amazon for $12.65 if you're silly enough...

ON EVOLUTION BY COMPETITION. THE LAW OF LIFE, KNOWLEDGE AND THE UNIVERSE..

The last think Harvey is looking for is any meaningful conversation
on our web site.  His one-off book has nothing to do with atheism.

[Image: 510scpon1oL.jpg]

Thumbsdown    Thumbsdown    Thumbsdown
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 9 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dānu, mordant, Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis, brewerb, Szuchow, Bcat, Finite Monkeys, Josiah Aberhard

Drive-by deepities.
god, ugh
The following 6 users Like julep's post:
  • mordant, GenesisNemesis, Bucky Ball, Szuchow, skyking, Finite Monkeys

(09-01-2020, 02:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:

So he literally just copied/pasted the forward from his book. Tongue
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • SYZ

"Understand our random luck and be a force for ‘good’."

I still don't see how this ties into people who were born with serious genetic disorders. Consider

Am I supposed to be a force for disorder then?
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • mordant

"More than 99 percent of all species, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to have died out. It's estimated there are currently around 8.7 million species of eukaryote globally, and possibly many times more if microrganisms, like bacteria, are included."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extinction...20included.

Oh well.
Is there a plan "b" ?

It doesn't appear that "cooperation" is the purpose.
Test
The following 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(09-01-2020, 02:10 PM)SYZ Wrote:

It would be nice if people could just be transparent in their motives for posting this type of thing, it would go a long way.  It still would be dismantled lol, but at least we would have some context.
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

I don't think Lulu.com and similar self publishing services ultimately did the world much of a service.

There are a lot of people who would never clear the bar to get the time of day from an actual publishing house, and there's a reason for that. It sounds nice to democratize publishing and there are advantages to it ... but it also results in abominations like we're dealing with in this thread.

Even in the rare situations where a self published author actually (1) has something interesting to say and (2) can write coherently, they usually fail to pay for a professional editor to go over their work -- and it shows. Not to mention a proofreader. Publishing templates can take care of of most of the presentation, but there's no substitute for extra sets of eyeballs. Just like we developers need testers, writers need editors and proofreaders. And a good editor would tell this guy, look, I had to read your foreword 47 times and I still don't understand what you're on about. I thought I could fix anything, but this is an exception.

(I know whereof I speak; I was once a technical editor and had to completely rewrite one submission because the guy had a good concept but just had no clue how to organize and express it -- the idea was compelling enough and I was hungry enough for material that month that I was willing to serve as his amanuensis. In this case, though ... I'd have rejected the article because there's no concept to work with).

not only did he copy and paste from his book but some wanker from Australia went ahead and linked it up so people could buy it, more free advertising! Smile
and then everybody copied that post so it's everywhere The free advertising! You guys don't battle spam very well lol.
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Dānu, SYZ, GenesisNemesis

Yeah, it's spam. Just a self indulgent poster tacked on our bulletin board with no interest in any other participation here.

Still it is interesting as an example of how "philosophy" and "science" are so often misused. Science isn't helpful in answering all questions and so dipping into the jargon doesn't automatically make everything better. Philosophy does not usually refer to anyone's free associations about how patterns in nature should inform the way we live our lives. As already noted this is an example of a book which would never have lasted five minutes in a publisher's hand before being discarded. Also a horrible misuse of trees if any were published in hard copy.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(09-01-2020, 12:40 AM)Ray Harvey Wrote:
Show ContentSpoiler:

Ah. You're here for some gratuitous self promotion of woo with a thin pseudo-scientific veneer. Good luck with that.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

(09-02-2020, 11:58 AM)Mark Wrote: Science isn't helpful in answering all questions and so dipping into the jargon doesn't automatically make everything better.

He couldn't resist introducing the all-purpose quasi-scientifc usage of the word "quantum" in there, either. Always a "tell".

I can't blame Einstein for his resistance to quantam electrodynamics, his characterization of it as "spooky action at a distance" and his declaration that "god does not play dice with the universe". He probably foresaw at least dimly the endpoint we're now at, with people like Deepak Chopra and their "deepities" based on glancing references to quantum physics with zero actual understanding of it.
The following 2 users Like mordant's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Mark

all that was missing was "paradigm shift" . That one caps everything off so neatly.
The following 4 users Like skyking's post:
  • Mark, TheGentlemanBastard, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

We need to make up some bingo cards for pseudoscience and spam Bingo.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 4 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Fireball, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus, Mark