Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
On This Day In History

On This Day In History
Two infamous dates in one go.

November 9th 1923, Hitler's beer hall Putsch in Munich. November 9th 1938, the so called night of broken glass. The first major pogrom against the jewish population in nazi Germany.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

On This Day In History
(11-09-2023, 11:47 AM)abaris Wrote: Two infamous dates in one go.

November 9th 1923, Hitler's beer hall Putsch in Munich. November 9th 1938, the so called night of broken glass. The first major pogrom against the jewish population in nazi Germany.
#3: Opening of the Berlin wall  1989 Tongue

[Image: nacht_des_mauerfalls_1200.jpg]

#4 1918: Proclamation of the first german republic

[Image: 800px-Ausrufung_Republik_Scheidemann.jpg]

But we cant have that, cant celebrate #3 and 4, because of #1 and 2#. We also cant call #2 "Kristallnacht" because some people may feel offended.
Let me put it this way: Political correctness has come a long way.

[Image: flat,750x1000,075,f.u3.jpg]
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Cavebear, brewerb

On This Day In History
(11-09-2023, 01:55 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(11-09-2023, 11:47 AM)abaris Wrote: Two infamous dates in one go.

#3: Opening of the Berlin wall  1989 Tongue

[Image: nacht_des_mauerfalls_1200.jpg]

#4 1918: Proclamation of the first german republic

[Image: 800px-Ausrufung_Republik_Scheidemann.jpg]

But we cant have that, cant celebrate #3 and 4, because of #1 and 2#. We also cant call #2 "Kristallnacht" because some people may feel offended.

[Image: flat,750x1000,075,f.u3.jpg]

I ignore "political correctness" so far as I can. But both dates are infamous and should be remembered, though. Horrible things can start from smaller initial actions. Thank you for reminding us of the event of this date in history. We need to remain aware that events not much noticed at the time can have larger consequences in the future.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

On This Day In History
(11-09-2023, 01:55 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: We also cant call #2 "Kristallnacht" because some people may feel offended.

Singing Truth To Power

Kristallnacht Is Coming - Charlie King

test

On This Day In History
A day to remember the dead and to be thankful.

Optimism for the future. I think not.

On This Day In History
85 years ago, April, 1st (no joke!) 1939: Biggst Battleship ever to be build in Europe is launched.

[Image: Bundesarchiv_DVM_10_Bild-23-63-40%2C_Sch...ellauf.jpg]
R.I.P. Hannes

On This Day In History
Obsolete and not even fitted out!
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

On This Day In History
Berlin, 03.04.2024. Its three days since weed has been legalized.

[Image: berlin-fernsehturm-04-2400x1614-1920x1291.jpg]
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 3 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, pattylt, Rhythmcs

On This Day In History
(04-03-2024, 07:13 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: Berlin, 03.04.2024. Its three days since weed has been legalized.

Quote:The same chemicals that give cannabis its distinct smell may be contributing to air pollution and affecting human health. Recent tests of four cannabis grow facilities in Nevada and California found that the plants naturally release compounds that, when they accumulate in the air, create smog.

On This Day In History
(04-03-2024, 07:46 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
(04-03-2024, 07:13 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: Berlin, 03.04.2024. Its three days since weed has been legalized.

Quote:The same chemicals that give cannabis its distinct smell may be contributing to air pollution and affecting human health. Recent tests of four cannabis grow facilities in Nevada and California found that the plants naturally release compounds that, when they accumulate in the air, create smog.

I'm OK with that, can't be anywhere near the pollution created by the rest of farming.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 

On This Day In History
(04-04-2024, 01:25 AM)brewerb Wrote: I'm OK with that, can't be anywhere near the pollution created by the rest of farming.

When I posted this:

In response to the news that weed was now available to all, I added  Big Grin at the end then decided it wasn't necessary so I deleted it.

Maybe I should have left it in.

I was referring to clouds of cannabis smoke.

Big Grin

On This Day In History
(04-04-2024, 02:09 AM)Inkubus Wrote:
(04-04-2024, 01:25 AM)brewerb Wrote: I'm OK with that, can't be anywhere near the pollution created by the rest of farming.

When I posted this:

In response to the news that weed was now available to all, I added  Big Grin at the end then decided it wasn't necessary so I deleted it.

Maybe I should have left it in.

I was referring to clouds of cannabis smoke.

Big Grin

Yeah, I got it. Try this:

[Image: 6ilwtz.jpg]
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 2 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Chas

On This Day In History
Stoners are less likely to drive. That's a plus, innit?
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Deesse23, brewerb

On This Day In History
When a joke has to be explained...