Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Karen Cooper

Karen Cooper
Quote:Amy Cooper was walking her dog Monday morning while Christian Cooper (no relation) was bird-watching at a wooded area of Central Park called the Ramble. They both told CNN their dispute began because her dog was not on a leash, contrary to the Ramble's rules, according to the park's website.

Christian Cooper recorded video of part of their encounter and posted it on Facebook, where it has since been shared thousands of times and became a trending topic on Twitter. In the video, he is largely silent while she frantically tells police he is threatening her and her dog.

"I'm taking a picture and calling the cops," Amy Cooper is heard saying in the video. "I'm going to tell them there's an African American man threatening my life."

In comments to CNN as the video spread widely, Amy Cooper said she wanted to "publicly apologize to everyone."

"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said, adding that she also didn't mean any harm to the African American community.

The incident is another example of white people calling the police on African Americans for mundane things.
The New York Police Department told CNN when officers responded neither Christian Cooper nor Amy Cooper was present. No arrests or summonses were made, according to NYPD.

"I videotaped it because I thought it was important to document things," Christian Cooper said. "Unfortunately we live in an era with things like Ahmaud Arbery, where black men are seen as targets. This woman thought she could exploit that to her advantage, and I wasn't having it."

[...]

The National Audubon Society, the country's leading bird conservation organization, said they were grateful that Christian Cooper, a board member of the New York City Audubon Society, is safe.

"Black Americans often face terrible daily dangers in outdoor spaces, where they are subjected to unwarranted suspicion, confrontation, and violence," said Rebeccah Sanders, Audubon senior vice president for state programs. "The outdoors -- and the joy of birds -- should be safe and welcoming for all people."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/26/us/centra...index.html

Apparently some whites think that not only should they be able to flout the rules, but that a black man correcting them is a "threat". This is white privilege in America, made plain:

"I'm going to tell them there's an African-American man threatening my life." This is a woman who knows how to work a system. Her tone of voice when she says that is not fearful; it is expectant and confident. She sure was not too afraid to approach him and wag her finger in his face ... only to put on the performance of a lifetime, shrieking to the 911 operator that she was being "threatened".

This is racism in America.
On hiatus.

Karen Cooper
Tootsies and Hutus agree.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Karen Cooper
"But what about --"

Do you have a comment on the OP?
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Vera

Karen Cooper
sure I do, I agree. I see it and hear it. What a hollow pointless apology too.
"glad you did not get shot, sorry"
The following 1 user Likes skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Karen Cooper
I think she lost her job and got the dog taken away from her, which is good.
The following 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dom, Astreja

Karen Cooper
She did lose her job.
On hiatus.

Karen Cooper
"I think I was just scared", says the bitch (with the big dog) *approaching* the man who asked her NOT TO COME CLOSER (rather politely, unlike her hysterical and full of hatred voice). What an entitled, twilight zone someone's living in.

Oh, and now she's whining because her "life is being destroyed". Sometimes people do reap what they sow. And no, her life *isn't* gonna be destroyed though she's gonna catch a lot of flak and deservedly so. This wasn't a situation where she might have justifiably felt threatened and overreacted. She freaking *told* him, "I'm gonna call and tell them an Africa-American man is threatening me." She knew full well what she intended to do and go to hell for all I care.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

Karen Cooper
Quote:"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said[...]

At least make your lies believable, you dumb, racist bitch.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Old Man Marsh, epronovost

Karen Cooper
as much to the point of her message is the disgusting truth that law enforcement is very likely to do her bidding as SHE intended.
FFS!
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Fireball, Old Man Marsh

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 03:01 PM)skyking Wrote: as much to the point of her message is the disgusting truth that law enforcement is very likely to do her bidding as SHE intended.
FFS!

Indeed. The fact that she made conscious use of that fact tells me that she is well aware of her privilege.

What's weird is that I could see her racism being so unremarkable (to her) that she actually believes herself when she says she's not racist. If so, she certainly needs to question her premises to root out her bigotry.

Sadly, though, she most likely won't.
On hiatus.
The following 4 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Szuchow, Minimalist, skyking, Deesse23

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 02:45 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I think she lost her job and got the dog taken away from her, which is good.
Both, yes.  Her employer cut her loose, and the way she was strangling the dog while lying to the police got the dog taken away too.

Good.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 4 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dom, Old Man Marsh, Deesse23

Karen Cooper
He was a long standing member of the Audubon society.  Yeah, ya gotta watch out for those evil bird watchers. They're a menace to society....what with all their gun toting confrontational riots and loud screaming fests and stuff.      Butterfly Chase
                                                         T4618
The following 5 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Minimalist, Old Man Marsh, epronovost, Dānu

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 03:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 03:01 PM)skyking Wrote: as much to the point of her message is the disgusting truth that law enforcement is very likely to do her bidding as SHE intended.
FFS!

Indeed. The fact that she made conscious use of that fact tells me that she is well aware of her privilege.

What's weird is that I could see her racism being so unremarkable (to her) that she actually believes herself when she says she's not racist. IF so, she certainly needs to question her premises to root out her bigotry.

Sadly, though, she most likely won't.

Bigots rarely are capable of admitting their bigotry so I would say that there is nothing weird in this person not seeing own racism.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Dancefortwo, Old Man Marsh

Karen Cooper
This racist cunt almost strangled her poor dog to death while falsely accusing a man? She seems oblivious to anything outside her overblown self. Fucking cunt.

Edit: yeah, she almost killed the poor animal. Consider the irony of her falsely accusing a man to kill her and her dog while being so FUCKING OBLIVIOUS TO THE SUFFERING OF THAT CREATURE that she almost strangled it to death. Hope some animal protection organisation will kick her ass as well, and hopefully the animal will be taken from her.
I have seen people like this who used to hang up their pets by the collar, who thought it was a good idea to "discipline" the animal. My thoughts of that always were centered too on collars and strangling.....and the owners of those pets.  Aggravated  Vinsent  Getsmiley.php
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 5 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Minimalist, Dom, Szuchow, Thumpalumpacus, Vera

Karen Cooper
"Leash your dog" from man of color equals "I going to rape or kill you" (and eat my dog).

Side Note: I keep reading Karen Carpenter. Damn Brain!

Edit: I just read that she is getting real death threats. Now might be the time to call the cops dear.
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
The following 3 users Like brewerb's post:
  • Fireball, epronovost, Thumpalumpacus

Karen Cooper
Another one bites the dust.

This concept of companies wanting to rid themselves of assholes seems to be catching on!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/kentuck...in-effigy/

Quote:Kentucky militant’s wife plays victim after militia leader fired for hanging governor in effigy

Keep up the good work, boys.  Maybe "Karen" should move to Kentucky?  She can get a job parking cars at Noah's Ark.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • brewerb, Fireball, Mark, Thumpalumpacus, Mr Greene

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 04:30 PM)brewerb Wrote: Edit: I just read that she is getting real death threats. Now might be the time to call the cops dear.

Luckily, nowadays death threats are pretty much always just the biggest scum on the internet (and that's saying something) having a field day.

There was this woman, some time ago, who dared (the horror!) suggest that female sanitary products (won't someone think of the children!) be exempt from VAT (the humanity!) and got a whole bunch death - and rape - threats.

It's not that the internet has made people worse (then again...) but it sure has allowed all the scum of humanity to congregate in one big pond of filth and has put a filthy but strong magnifying glass to the microscopic life of hate, prejudice and general vileness that lurk just below the surface of our so-called civilisation.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • epronovost, Thumpalumpacus

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 03:23 PM)trdsf Wrote: ...Her employer cut her loose, and the way she was strangling the dog while lying to the police got the dog taken away too.

Good.

Can she also be charged with cruelty to animals, and filing a false police report?   Big Grin
The following 2 users Like Astreja's post:
  • Dom, Thumpalumpacus

Karen Cooper
Quote:"I'm not a racist. I did not mean to harm that man in any way," she said[...]

Yes she absolutely did. 
An entitled racist bitch. 
He had the balls to point out that she was required to follow the rules, just like everyone else.
She TOLD him she was going to use racism to get him. 
It backfired, and now she's whining her lips off.
Test
The following 4 users Like Bucky Ball's post:
  • epronovost, Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, Vera

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote: "I think I was just scared", says the bitch (with the big dog) *approaching* the man who asked her NOT TO COME CLOSER (rather politely, unlike her hysterical and full of hatred voice). What an entitled, twilight zone someone's living in.

Yep.  I'm a dog person through and through but I know our ranks are rife with nut jobs like this who lose it the minute anyone 'picks on' our doggy, even if only in our own imagination.  It ain't pretty.  But her ready turn to exploiting her advantage in racist America indicts her completely.  If she worked for me I'd publicly fire and disown her immediately.  No one wants that to be the face of their business .. well except for the whopping third of this country who come running when they hear a whistle.

(05-27-2020, 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote: Oh, and now she's whining because her "life is being destroyed". Sometimes people do reap what they sow. And no, her life *isn't* gonna be destroyed though she's gonna catch a lot of flak and deservedly so. This wasn't a situation where she might have justifiably felt threatened and overreacted. She freaking *told* him, "I'm gonna call and tell them an Africa-American man is threatening me." She knew full well what she intended to do and go to hell for all I care.

Nope.  In the wrong big time.  Her life deserves to get smaller.  Perhaps in poverty she'll acquire the empathy she couldn't find in relative wealth.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 05:25 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Another one bites the dust.

This concept of companies wanting to rid themselves of assholes seems to be catching on!

https://www.rawstory.com/2020/05/kentuck...in-effigy/

Quote:Kentucky militant’s wife plays victim after militia leader fired for hanging governor in effigy

Keep up the good work, boys.  Maybe "Karen" should move to Kentucky?  She can get a job parking cars at Noah's Ark.

But, but, but .. their American freedom.  How can it be American for acts like filing a false report and hate crimes to have consequences?  Where will it lead????[/sarcasm]
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 2 users Like Mark's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Minimalist

Karen Cooper
So Christian Cooper went into a park to watch birds and instead he could observe a wild Karen in her natural habitat, that's bad luck. It's a good thing he filmed her though. Wild Karens should be reported; they aren't safe for the general population.
The following 5 users Like epronovost's post:
  • Bucky Ball, Fireball, Vera, Thumpalumpacus, Szuchow

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 03:23 PM)trdsf Wrote:
(05-27-2020, 02:45 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I think she lost her job and got the dog taken away from her, which is good.
Both, yes.  Her employer cut her loose, and the way she was strangling the dog while lying to the police got the dog taken away too.

Good.

Sorry, didn't read that one, cuz I was sov riggerd by that little cunt. Lost her job? Dog in a safe place now?
PRAISE THE FUCKING LORD ...or the people who took action.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 2 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Mark, Thumpalumpacus

Karen Cooper
I find it's just easier to hate everyone for being human. If you're going to be a racist, go all out. Hate them all, non of this mamby pamby pick and choose bullshit!
The following 2 users Like no one's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, skyking

Karen Cooper
(05-27-2020, 07:25 PM)Mark Wrote: Yep.  I'm a dog person through and through but I know our ranks are rife with nut jobs like this who lose it the minute anyone 'picks on' our doggy, even if only in our own imagination.  It ain't pretty.  But her ready turn to exploiting her advantage in racist America indicts her completely.  If she worked for me I'd publicly fire and disown her immediately.  No one wants that to be the face of their business .. well except for the whopping third of this country who come running when they hear a whistle.

Some of the vilest people I've met in my life have been dog people. I guess something about unthinking devotion and blind worship tends to rather appeal to your more domineering, narcissistic and generally not-that-well-equipped-to-deal-with-people-as-equals types.

(Obviously, the vast majority of dog people are perfectly nice.)
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • Mark, Thumpalumpacus