Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
identify that song without fail

A hit single off grunge breakout artist Soundgarden's album "Superunknown." It's probably the best known of the singles from this album, but it was accompanied by a large class of standouts, including "Fell On Black Days" and "Spoonman." Sadly, front man and songwriter Chris Cornell hung himself a couple years ago. He will be missed.

Head Like A Hole.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 2 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, jerry mcmasters

(05-24-2020, 03:01 AM)SYZ Wrote: "Baker Street" was released as a single here in Australia 1978, where it reached No 1 overnight,
and included one of the most recognisable saxophone solos in modern music.

Was a big hit hereabouts too. And, man, do I remember that solo.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(05-28-2020, 08:05 PM)abaris Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 03:01 AM)SYZ Wrote: "Baker Street" was released as a single here in Australia 1978, where it reached No 1 overnight,
and included one of the most recognisable saxophone solos in modern music.

Was a big hit hereabouts too. And, man, do I remember that solo.

Though the saxophone hook is clearly the most memorable part of the song, it's the guitar solo that got me as a twelve-year-old wanting to play guitar but without the parents having bought me one, yet. The tone and attitude just burning with feeling. Go back to the video, advance it to 3:28, and sit back. Hugh Burns nails it, just nails it.

It's a powerful song, written about Rafferty's fight through the legal problems he experienced as a result of the biz.
On hiatus.