Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your breakfast go to?

(04-17-2020, 02:08 AM)Alan V Wrote: Cereal with milk.  Boring, like most of my life.

Well you're not boring to us, whats-your-name.
The following 4 users Like jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus, Alan V, Mark

(04-17-2020, 02:42 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:08 AM)Alan V Wrote: Cereal with milk.  Boring, like most of my life.

Won't lie, I laughed.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Bcat, Alan V

(04-16-2020, 09:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:55 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 09:45 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Buttermilk.

Buttermilk?   OMG...barrrrrrf!

Chase it down with a Coors Light ... probably the only time a Coors has been useful.

Buttermilk is fine in pancakes but by itself it's .....ick.  But whatever floats the Gawdzilla's big ole boat is fine by me.    Girl_yes2
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat, Thumpalumpacus

(04-17-2020, 03:38 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:55 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Buttermilk?   OMG...barrrrrrf!

Chase it down with a Coors Light ... probably the only time a Coors has been useful.

Buttermilk is fine in pancakes but by itself it's .....ick.  But whatever floats the Gawdzilla's big ole boat is fine by me.    Girl_yes2

I think he should be flayed, drawn, and quartered. Who's in?!

Breakfast is on me.
On hiatus.

When I was down on the Mexican border it was breakfast burritos with plenty of hot sauce from the gas station, or Huevos Rancheros and refried beans at a restaurant if I was acting all civilized n' shit.

Unfortunately neither species is native to Minnesota.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 3 users Like Dānu's post:
  • Bcat, Alan V, Thumpalumpacus

(04-17-2020, 02:42 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:

Vogelsong
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu

(04-16-2020, 07:55 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 09:45 AM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Buttermilk.

Buttermilk?   OMG...barrrrrrf!

I'll save the Coors for a emergency, like when I'm drained and have to piss on a fire.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • adey67

I like breakfast the most. Or brunch. Brekky is almost always a MorningStar veggie sausage and American cheese on a toasted English muffin. But I like a lot of other things. If I go out, it's toast with butter and maybe jelly, bacon, hash browns, and last time, a pancake and a mimosa to drink. Waffles or french toast are good on occasion, as is plain yogurt with sugar and granola bars crumbled in.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Bcat, Dānu

(04-17-2020, 02:13 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:55 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Buttermilk?   OMG...barrrrrrf!

I'll save the Coors for a emergency, like when I'm drained and have to piss on a fire.

Just pour the Coors on the fire and save yourself the hassle of having to swallow and process that swill.
On hiatus.

(04-16-2020, 02:55 PM)Dānu Wrote: I do have a new go-to that I like now that I have Rapid Ramen cookers.  Ramen Rancheros.  Ramen, egg, cilantro, and sriracha sauce.  Three minutes in the microwave, and it's oh so good.

Sounds great, I'd eat that.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.

(04-16-2020, 07:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: But mostly it's 130-octane coffee followed by a drive to work. There might be a cigarette involved.

Pretty sure only the coffee and cigarette count as food groups.  The drive to work doesn't count.   Angel
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(04-17-2020, 08:34 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 02:13 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 09:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Chase it down with a Coors Light ... probably the only time a Coors has been useful.

Just pour the Coors on the fire and save yourself the hassle of having to swallow and process that swill.

Having drunk all the different kinds of beer-like stuff I found in my travels I'm not afraid of Coors. If it doesn't crawl out of the glass and attack my crisps I'll drink it.

(04-17-2020, 08:43 PM)Mark Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 07:51 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: But mostly it's 130-octane coffee followed by a drive to work. There might be a cigarette involved.

Pretty sure only the coffee and cigarette count as food groups.  The drive to work doesn't count.   Angel

You could say I eat shitty drivers for breakfast. Tongue
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Mark

(04-17-2020, 08:45 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Having drunk all the different kinds of beer-like stuff I found in my travels I'm not afraid of Coors. If it doesn't crawl out of the glass and attack my crisps I'll drink it.

I'm not afraid of Coors. I'm contemptuous of it.
On hiatus.

(04-17-2020, 03:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:38 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-16-2020, 09:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Chase it down with a Coors Light ... probably the only time a Coors has been useful.

Breakfast is on me.

Apparently it may be if you're sitting near DancerGirl and offer her a guzzle of your buttermilk.  

But I feel the same way.  But for me cottage cheese is even worse.  In my sixth grade camp experience they had cottage cheese one morning for breakfast and for some reason I tried it.  (Probably coerced but it's been 60 fricking years so who knows?!)  I do remember thinking curdled milk with sand in it.  I still shudder.
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(04-17-2020, 08:51 PM)Mark Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:58 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 03:38 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Buttermilk is fine in pancakes but by itself it's .....ick.  But whatever floats the Gawdzilla's big ole boat is fine by me.    Girl_yes2

Breakfast is on me.

Apparently it may be if you're sitting near DancerGirl and offer her a guzzle of your buttermilk.  

But I feel the same way.  But for me cottage cheese is even worse.  In my sixth grade camp experience they had cottage cheese one morning for breakfast and for some reason I tried it.  (Probably coerced but it's been 60 fricking years so who knows?!)  I do remember thinking curdled milk with sand in it.  I still shudder.

Cottage cheese needs to make up its mind. Is it spoiled milk or unfinished cheese? Good lord, shit or get off the pot.
On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Mark, Dancefortwo

(04-17-2020, 08:50 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:45 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Having drunk all the different kinds of beer-like stuff I found in my travels I'm not afraid of Coors. If it doesn't crawl out of the glass and attack my crisps I'll drink it.

I'm not afraid of Coors. I'm contemptuous of it.

There are far worse beers in the world. Sudanese beer, name unpronounceable, for example.

(04-17-2020, 08:55 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: There are far worse beers in the world. Sudanese beer, name unpronounceable, for example.

There are worse diseases than Covid. That doesn't mean I should give it a nod.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Mark

(04-17-2020, 09:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 08:55 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: There are far worse beers in the world. Sudanese beer, name unpronounceable, for example.

There are worse diseases than Covid. That doesn't mean I should give it a nod.

Didn't ask you to. Just pointing out that the acceptable range varies with experience.

(04-17-2020, 11:24 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Just pointing out that the acceptable range varies with experience.

Just pointing out that shittier doesn't make shitty palatable. Pour the Coors onto the fire and spare yourself the ordeal.
On hiatus.

(04-17-2020, 11:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(04-17-2020, 11:24 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Just pointing out that the acceptable range varies with experience.

Just pointing out that shittier doesn't make shitty palatable. Pour the Coors onto the fire and spare yourself the ordeal.
Just pointing out that snobbery doesn't make a beer actually bad.

(04-17-2020, 11:33 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Just pointing out that snobbery doesn't make a beer actually bad.

Not sure why you think I'm snobbin'. I do on occasion drink Miller High Life, after all.

But "there's worse beer" doesn't make a given beer good, it only means there are worse beers too.

It's really not that hard to follow. Coors is crapwater. That there are worse beers doesn't change that.
On hiatus.

Hey everybody, it's Beer Wars!  

Popcorn

ROFL2
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Bcat

Your taste bias is noted. But not accepted.

(04-18-2020, 12:03 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Hey everybody, it's Beer Wars!  

Popcorn

ROFL2

And here I thought I was making a breakfast thread  Tongue