Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump Eyes Accused ‘Quack’ Dr. Oz for Coronavirus Advice

(04-08-2020, 05:37 AM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 03:30 AM)SYZ Wrote: Trump has two vocational qualification:

1)  A real estate salesman (after inheriting $413 million from his father Fred).
2)  A games show host (which was nothing more than a self-funded vanity project).

Sometimes I don't know how you Australians put up with us Americans.  We're so wrought with problems lately.  On behalf of most Americans I apologize for all the crap going on over here and all the political trash we've exported.  I know Covid 19 is everywhere but it's a real shit show here. Sometimes I think the only thing we have in common is the English language however when I hear Australians speak I have my doubts about that too. 

Don't be too concerned mate.  Some time ago, I travelled extensively around the USA, from the north to the south,
and from the east to the west, and I found that the average American was friendly, open, articulate, helpful and more
than a little interested in the land downunder.  I never encountered anybody with a disposition even vaguely similar
to Trump, in fact I was more often than not invited back to total stranger's homes for dinner or a barbecue if I stopped
at a bar.  I stayed with friends in Michigan, Texas, and New York city so I managed to get a good feel for life on the
ground, as it were.

Australia has always had close cultural ties with America, and a lot (most?) of our commercial TV, and movies and
streaming is sourced from your country.  And apart from you guys butchering some of the English language (LOL)
we speak a very similar lingo.   Like a slab off a dunny door mate!
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 2 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Dom, Dancefortwo

This just in courtesy of "The Guardian" (https://tinyurl.com/twp6ge4):

Quote:The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners has issued a statement slamming celebrity chef Pete Evans, after the Channel Seven star and reality television host posted a video falsely suggesting a $15,000 light machine could be used treat Covid-19.

In a live video posted to his Facebook page, the My Kitchen Rules judge said the BioCharger NG Subtle Energy Platform “is a pretty amazing tool” and claims there are “a thousand different recipes” including “a couple on there for Wuhan coronavirus”.

Evans is selling the product on his own website for $14,990. It states the product is “a hybrid subtle energy revitalisation platform” with “four transmitted energies” which “stimulate and invigorate the entire body to optimise and improve potential health, wellness and athletic performance”.

The post has been condemned by RACGP president Harry Nespolon, who said Evans, who has in the past promoted anti-vaccination views, “needs to stop”.

Nespolon said he had suggested several months ago Evans should “leave vaccinations alone”.

“Well, he should also steer well clear of peddling devices which he claims use ‘subtle energy’ to counter Covid-19. He just needs to stop it right now.

“It is a reality that many people look up to Mr Evans in his roles as a popular chef and television host. I once again urge him to book an appointment with his local GP to learn about the damage he is doing on social media.”

Weeping Weeping Weeping
No gods necessary

(04-09-2020, 06:15 AM)SYZ Wrote: And apart from you guys butchering some of the English language.......Like a slab off a dunny door mate! 
                                                                                                                      ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Huh??  What the heck??  Toetap
                                                         T4618