Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human rights proving every single one Thread

(03-29-2020, 02:07 PM)Link Wrote: I do believe God is necessary for true form of morality to be what it is, and for objective morality...

Well then, you've just lost all/any arguments you want to put forward.

God or gods don't exist.  If you need a mystical, imaginary figurehead to prevent you raping
your neighbour's wife, then you're intrinsically an amoral person.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Deesse23

Not only is God necessary for humans to be good, but so are his Messengers and Prophets.

(04-01-2020, 08:58 AM)Link Wrote: Not only is God necessary for humans to be good, but so are his Messengers and Prophets.

The assumption that a deity is required for humans to act ethically is so old and tired. I act ethically and I've been an atheist for as long as I thought about the question as a pre-teen!

If you need an all-powerful deity to scare you into acting ethically, you have way more problems than you realize, and your superstitions aren't really going to help you with that.
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Almost everyone including the most evil people on earth believe themselves to be good. Everyone acts according to standards they impose on themselves. However, to be good, a connection to God and rope from him is necessary.

(04-02-2020, 12:47 PM)Link Wrote: Almost everyone including the most evil people on earth believe themselves to be good.  Everyone acts according to standards they impose on themselves.  However, to be good, a connection to God and rope from him is necessary.

[Image: aeN5RNW_460sa.gif]
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(03-01-2020, 05:30 PM)Link Wrote: I don't understand the hostility.

Ya know, you're a bit of an annoying person.  Perhaps you're on the spectrum or something.....I donno.   But whatever it is you start oddball threads that are out in left field and kinda don't make much sense.
                                                         T4618