Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NHL Suspends Season

NHL Suspends Season
Fuck.

'nuff said.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

NHL Suspends Season
Speculation ( I think I read it in the NY Post which is a fascist rag but does have a great sports section ) is that the NHL will have to do something along the lines of holding an almost everyone's invited playoff.  The exception would be Detroit which is so bad that they were already eliminated.  That would leave 30 teams and they could either seed #1 v #30, #2 v #29, and so on or else do the same thing by conference.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”

NHL Suspends Season
Ultimately they'll just puck around.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • Free

NHL Suspends Season
They've yet to cancel the baseball season, but I suspect it's only a matter of time before they do.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

NHL Suspends Season
(03-14-2020, 03:09 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Speculation ( I think I read it in the NY Post which is a fascist rag but does have a great sports section ) is that the NHL will have to do something along the lines of holding an almost everyone's invited playoff.  The exception would be Detroit which is so bad that they were already eliminated.  That would leave 30 teams and they could either seed #1 v #30, #2 v #29, and so on or else do the same thing by conference.

That wouldn't be such a bad idea.
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org

NHL Suspends Season
Here you go.  You can get it straight from the horse's ass.

https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/nhl-alread...ng-season/

Quote:NHL already working in hopes of restarting season

Quote:This is the message, until it’s not.
As the NHL and the Players’ Association tried to figure out the details for what this “pause” in the season might look like in light of the coronavirus pandemic, commissioner Gary Bettman reinforced the uncertainty.
“Nobody knows how long the hiatus may be,” Bettman told the AP on Friday, one day after the league suspended operations indefinitely. “This isn’t an independent determination. We’re going to have to rely on others as to when it’s safe, which is why people can speculate, but nobody can predict with certainty.”

NHL Suspends Season
(03-14-2020, 01:17 PM)Dānu Wrote: They've yet to cancel the baseball season, but I suspect it's only a matter of time before they do.

"You're going to win 3, you're going to lose 3, it's the other 2 that matter." Dance
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

NHL Suspends Season
Same thing's happening here in Australia.  All major and minor sporting events have been cancelled or
postponed until further notice.  For people like me—couch potatoes—this is ultimately good news, and
puts a dent in the corporatist-controlled "god" of sport, and also the gambling companies that effectively
strip billions of dollars from punters who can't really afford it.

The people I do feel sorry for are the kids who'll be deprived of their healthy, outdoor sporting pastimes,
as the government has limited any/all public gatherings to 500 people maximum.

Some sports teams—cricket, footy, rugby, soccer—are playing matches to empty grandstands here. Some
medicos have questioned even that scenario, asking what about the players themselves, who may transmit
the virus by means of the bodily fluids inevitably produced, such as sweat, saliva and blood, coupled with
often intimate physical contact.  Is it fair to expect, maybe 36 teams players, to accept this or void their
seasonal contracts?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

NHL Suspends Season
[Image: celAbAY.jpg]
The following 5 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Little Lunch, Astreja, Dānu, Bucky Ball, Fireball

NHL Suspends Season
Read a book.  Tongue
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

NHL Suspends Season
I haven't much paid heed to attendances. I guess it's just not something I need to enjoy a sporting comp. Especially on TV. I've followed MLS and NASCAR the most, and I think MLS is still closed but obviously operating, while NASCAR is operating and beginning to entertain small crowds.

I was reading something on COVID that mentioned high school cross country, which seems like it's pretty clusterfucky in some places. Mask use is very spotty (though a few individual school districts require it). Some high school athletic associations are requiring meets to be conducted in school-specific heats, but even with that, there's no social distancing, because in that sport, as I understand it, it's reverse scoring, and the way to drive up opponents' scores is to pack.
Is this sig thing on?

NHL Suspends Season
(10-11-2020, 01:35 AM)Minimalist Wrote: [Image: celAbAY.jpg]

ROFL2  Were you wicked as a child, too!? I have been known to tie a tin can to cat's a tail, before I knew better. Let it be known that I was 60+ years younger and that I did that...once.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

NHL Suspends Season
Uh, yeah.