Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Three Centuries Of Christian Atrocities

Three Centuries Of Christian Atrocities
(03-25-2020, 09:34 PM)SteveII Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 08:47 PM)possibletarian Wrote:
(03-25-2020, 04:39 PM)SteveII Wrote: You will have to explain what you mean that "much of it's teaching are justified from the O.T." While the OT fills in the context, it is not necessary to understand the actual content.

Seriously ?

What do YOU believe the N.T. definition of Christianity is ?

Yes. Explain how the OT is a problem for the definition of Christian.

Luke 18:18-23
18 And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
19 And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God.
20 Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother.
21 And he said, All these have I kept from my youth up.
22 Now when Jesus heard these things, he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast, and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, follow me.

According to Joshua Ben Joseph, to be a good Christian does not mean having to memorize and follow some long creed, be a member of a given church, speak in tongues, handle snakes, be baptized, but to follow the ten commandments and sell all you have and give to the poor.  Which does not mean giving money to a TV evangelist so he can buy a $60 million dollar jet aircraft.

Here, Jesus can not be more plain spoken or unmistakable.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • brunumb, possibletarian

Messages In This Thread
RE: Three Centuries Of Christian Atrocities - by Cheerful Charlie - 03-25-2020, 11:27 PM