Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
86 y.o. atheist explains why he converted to Xtianity

(02-19-2020, 01:33 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 07:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Never have been impressed with late-life conversions. The shadow of death hanging over them seems to discolor the whole thing.

And then there's outright lying.  Probably the last one to see some of these old dying atheists was a theist, and they're probably emotionally inclined to imagine their last-second conversions-Hallalueah!-actually worked.

True enough. And then he died.

Some god. hobo

(02-19-2020, 01:33 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(02-18-2020, 07:03 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Never have been impressed with late-life conversions. The shadow of death hanging over them seems to discolor the whole thing.

And then there's outright lying.  Probably the last one to see some of these old dying atheists was a theist, and they're probably emotionally inclined to imagine their last-second conversions-Hallalueah!-actually worked.

True story.  My one uncle (mother's brother) who was a self identified atheist did profess to have seen the light at the end of his life ...

... in order to retain access to his grandson when his feckless son and daughter, my cousins, resorted to extortion to save his immortal soul (as they would describe it).

The poor bastard did not deserve that and I have no doubt his 'conversion' was not real, which I am always happy to remind them.
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus