Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Commentary on Polish political scene

A local media outlet in Głogów, south-western Poland, published a video showing a policeman beating a young woman with a police baton and then knocking her to the ground. "This has been a procedurally appropriate use of a direct coercive measure" - regional police spokesman defends the officer.

I wonder if pig in question would be so brave if instead of women he would face some bigger guy? Seems unlikely to me as local jackbooted thugs are brave only when facing women, elderly or teenagers but suspiciously docile when faced with real danger or group of fascists.

As for spokesman little Goebbels I hope that he will get procedurally appropriate use of a direct coercive measure daily. With at least same amount of force as assaulted woman get.
There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.

Socrates.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis, skyking

Poland's politically compromised Constitutional Court has ruled a specific article of the Act on the Commissioner for Human Rights to be unconstitutional. In effect, the current Commissioner, Adam Bodnar, will be removed from office in three months and possibly replaced by a ruling camp loyalist.

Another step in fascization of the country has been taken. I expect pro gov trash to be happy about this.

Socrates.
The following 1 user Likes Szuchow's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Poland recorded almost 25% more deaths than normal in the first three months of this year, with over 27,000 excess fatalities compared to the recent average for that period. During that period, the government reported around 24,400 Covid-related deaths.

The figures come as Poland continues to struggle with a third wave of the virus, which began in mid-February and saw the country record some of the world’s highest infection rates at its peak.

The numbers of Covid deaths have also risen to their highest ever level. However, because fatalities naturally lag behind cases, most of the current spike in deaths has occurred after the first quarter. Last year, Poland had the highest excess death rate among all EU member states, at over 20%.

[bold mine]

Looks like pandemic is far more serious opponent than minorities and deciding on good strategy to fight is is far harder than stealing cash from all available sources. Bolded sentence show exactly how incompetent ruling fascist clique is.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23, GenesisNemesis

Stay safe, Szu.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Szuchow

More Poles read books in 2020 than at any time in the last six years, according to a report released by Poland’s National Library. Just over four in ten (42%) read at least one book last year, while one in ten managed seven or more.

The figures represent slight increases on figures of 39% and 9% respectively in 2019, continuing an upturn from the 37% and 9% in 2018. But they are still some way short of those recorded in the early 2000s, when well over half of Poles read at least one book a year and almost a quarter read seven.

[bold mine]

It's no wonder that Poland fallen prey to fascists. People who can recognize what fascism is could be probably counted on fingers of both hands considering above statistics.

Socrates.
  • GenesisNemesis

Deputy Ambassador of the Republic of Poland to the Czech Republic, Antoni Wręga, sent a letter to the local minister of health on the amendment to the act on abortion and performing procedures by women from abroad, informed the Czech weekly “Respekt”. Wręga wrote in it, inter alia, that “accepting the Senate’s proposal would lead to a flourishing of abortion tourism, and would also disrupt Czech-Polish relations”.

It's not enough for fascists that they made legal abortion in Poland practically impossible. They want other countries to deny rights of women too.

This is how tolerating fascists ends.

Socrates.
The following 4 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Deesse23, Bucky Ball, GenesisNemesis, Mr Greene

Poland’s president chief puppet has accused the country’s top human rights official of being “anti-Polish” because he gave an interview to foreign media warning that Polish democracy is under threat.

Speaking to AFP, Adam Bodnar, the human rights commissioner, said that Poland is heading “in the direction of an undemocratic state”, with the country’s rulers “trying to incapacitate or take over additional power mechanisms one by one”.

Speaking truth is anti-Polish now. What a surprise. I guess puppet must earn more brownie points that he already had. I also wonder what this walking piece of shit called president will say about Poles from article below:

Less than one third of Poles think their country is democratic, and Poland has the world’s largest “perceived democratic deficit”, according to a new study published by the Alliance of Democracies (AoD). It also finds most Poles to be unhappy with how their government has handled the COVID-19 pandemic.

Socrates.
The following 2 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Deesse23, GenesisNemesis

Next step: Saying that "Poland is a democracy" is "anti-polish"

I bet a paycheck. Any takers?
R.I.P. Hannes

(05-05-2021, 01:41 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: Next step: Saying that "Poland is a democracy" is "anti-polish"

I bet a paycheck. Any takers?

Too big a step I think. If anything they will start with crap about "sovereign democracy" or however orban called his regime. After all even kim Korea have "democratic" in name.

Socrates.

Poland's political landscape is currently experiencing a moderate earthquake. On 30 April, the parliamentary group of the Left (Polska Lewica) reached an agreement with Jarosław Kaczyński's ruling right-wing conservative fascist PiS (Law and Justice) party on the conditions under which they will agree to adopting the EU budget and the EU recovery fund (NextGenerationEU) in the Sejm, the Polish lower house of parliament. The immediate reactions of the liberal neo-liberal establishment, according to an opinion piece in that day’s edition of the newspaper Rzeczpospolita, were ‘almost hysterical’.

In particular, the former foreign minister Radosław Sikorski very decisively crossed the line into the realms of infamy and idiocy. The current Member of European Parliament from the Civic Platform party actually compared the agreement to the Hitler-Stalin Pact of 1939. The fact that Lewica and the PiS, as the largest governing party, reached an agreement lies at the heart of the supposed scandal: the Left voted in the Sejm for the EU budget and the ‘national recovery plan’ on the use of funds from the EU recovery fund. In return, the government is obliged to integrate six demands of the Left into the recovery plan.

[strikethroughs mine]

Dealing with pis is distasteful but neo liberals plan to vote against* funds was just plain idiocy and meant voting with people that make pis look sane.

*To be honest no one really knows what was their plan as it changed as needed to attack the left. Some time back alleged liberals said that they will vote for it and then wondered why pis does not want to talk with them. With "opposition" like this it's no wonder that fascists keep winning.

Socrates.
  • GenesisNemesis

Poland remains the worst country in the European Union for LGBT people, according to the latest “Rainbow Europe” ranking produced by ILGA-Europe, a Brussels-based NGO that advocates for LGBT rights.

In the previous version of the index, which takes into account both LGBT people’s legal situation and the “social climate” they face, Poland fell below Latvia into bottom place in the EU, following a concerted anti-LGBT campaign led by the ruling national-conservative Law and Justice (PiS) party.

This year, Poland’s score has fallen further, from 16% to 13%, though it remains 42nd out of 49 European countries in total, with only non-EU states such as Belarus (12%), Russia (10%) and Turkey (4%) lower. The ranking is topped by Malta (94%), Belgium (74%) and Luxembourg (72%).

I guess fascist will be happy when they will hear this.

Socrates.
  • GenesisNemesis

Pupils in Polish schools will be taught that the European Union is an “unlawful entity”, says the education minister, Przemysław Czarnek. He also wants history classes to focus more on teaching “pride” in Poland’s past rather than, as before, “shame” about it.

Fascists are preparing ground for Pol-exit? Hilarity of member of gov of doppelstaat saying that something is unlawful aside I wonder if these fools are really wanting to leave EU or are just dumb enough to not realize that constant agitation against EU may snowball into fascist voters demanding to leave it.

As for pride. Pride from what? I RP slowly transforming into state practicing slavery? II RP being authoritarian, anti-semitic shithole? III RP being neo-liberal failure? Poles already know shit about history and this deform will result in even more nationalist clowns begging for another fuhrer to suck off.

Socrates.
  • GenesisNemesis

In 2019 Poland received 12bn€ (and Germany paid 14), all factors included, from the EU. Next biggest recipient in the list was Hungary with 5bn€.

They dont need all the € from the EU anymore? Has Poland become such a rich country, so well governed in the past two years?
Did i miss something?
Dodgy

As far as i am concerned the polish government can go and fuck itself, since i suspect that only a fraction of those 12bn€ left their corrupt hands and were passed forward to the people of Poland, for whom this was intended.

P.S.: Thank you for making me google "doppelstaat". Coversations with you are always very educational. Thumbs Up
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 1 user Likes Deesse23's post:
  • Dom

(05-20-2021, 06:51 AM)Deesse23 Wrote: In 2019 Poland received 12bn€ (and Germany paid 14), all factors included, from the EU. Next biggest recipient in the list was Hungary with 5bn€.

They dont need all the € from the EU anymore? Has Poland become such a rich country, so well governed in the past two years?
Did i miss something?
Dodgy

As far as i am concerned the polish government can go and fuck itself, since i suspect that only a fraction of those 12bn€ left their corrupt hands and were passed forward to the people of Poland, for whom this was intended.

Pecunia non olet is maxim  of polish gov. As for minister himself, considering that he graduated from some shitty catholic "university" he may very well deem money from EU as something that Poland deserves for "protecting" the European civilization from "gender ideology" marxism and veganism.

Quote:P.S.: Thank you for making me google "doppelstaat". Coversations with you are always very educational.  Thumbs Up

My pleasure.

Socrates.
  • Dom, Deesse23

The European Parliament (EP) voted overwhelmingly today in favour of having “democratic oversight” over how European Union recovery funds are spent. Among the few MEPs to oppose the resolution, almost all were from Poland’s ruling party.

Fascists don't want oversight over how they will spend EU funds? About as surprising as another pedophile priest.

Socrates.
The following 3 users Like Szuchow's post:
  • Deesse23, Thumpalumpacus, GenesisNemesis

Poland’s Supreme Audit Office (NIK) has notified prosecutors of potential crimes committed by four members of the government, including the prime minister, in connection with last year’s abandoned presidential elections. All four have responded by denying wrongdoing.

In normal country it would be dealt with appropriately. Here we must hope that minister of justice [who is also prosecutor general] will see something to gain in prosecuting above mentioned.

Socrates.
  • Deesse23, GenesisNemesis

No more medical abortions, emergency contraception, and "abortion tourism"- The Catholic fundamentalist organization Ordo Iuris is about to launch an extensive policy campaign to further restrict totally erase women's reproductive rights in Poland.

[strikethrough mine]

Sub human trash whose greatest life aspiration is to suck collective clergy cock strikes again. Apparently near total ban on abortion is not enough for above mentioned deplorables. But that's no surprise - worshippers of space Hitler never were really able to hide their obsession with sex and controlling women.

I hope they all will hang when the time comes, together with fascist politicians that support them.

Socrates.
  • GenesisNemesis

(05-24-2021, 01:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote: The European Parliament (EP) voted overwhelmingly today in favour of having “democratic oversight” over how European Union recovery funds are spent. Among the few MEPs to oppose the resolution, almost all were from Poland’s ruling party.

Fascists don't want oversight over how they will spend EU funds? About as surprising as another pedophile priest.

"Give me your money, but please don't ask how I spend it" said every shirker anywhere.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Szuchow

(05-28-2021, 08:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(05-24-2021, 01:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote: The European Parliament (EP) voted overwhelmingly today in favour of having “democratic oversight” over how European Union recovery funds are spent. Among the few MEPs to oppose the resolution, almost all were from Poland’s ruling party.

"Give me your money, but please don't ask how I spend it" said every shirker anywhere.

One can't expect people to act against their own nature.

Socrates.
  • Thumpalumpacus

Wojciech Bakun, the mayor of Przemyśl (a city in southeastern Poland), proposed to repeal the anti-LGBT resolution adopted by the local council in 2019. He argued that the resolution violates the principle of non-discrimination enshrined in the Constitution and, by damaging the city’s image, has had financial repercussions related to the partial loss of EU funds.

As an alternative, the mayor suggested replacing the homophobic resolution with a more neutral one supporting families. Previously, such a project has been proposed by the oppositional councilor Paweł Zastrowski.

This time, however, the project was passed.

It's good that it was repelled I guess but it is shameful that it was voted in in the first place. Also I wonder if it would be repelled without money being issue.

Socrates.

Marian Banaś, the head of the Supreme Audit Office (NIK), has notified prosecutors of suspected crimes by Jarosław Kaczyński, chairman of the ruling Law and Justice (PiS) party and Poland’s most powerful politician.

I'm sure that prosecutors will work with all due diligence... to find anything on Banaś.

Socrates.

Polish Nobel laureate Olga Tokarzuk has prompted a backlash from conservatives fascists in her home country after giving an interview in which she mentioned Poland alongside Belarus as countries that are taking advantage of the pandemic to suppress protests.

A social media campaign has emerged under the hashtag #OdeślijOldzeKsiążkę (#SendABookBackToOlga) and the author has faced criticism from prominent figures apparatchiks, including a deputy foreign minister.

[strikethroughs mine]

Fascists and their fans don't like to hear truth about their regime. What a surprise.

Socrates.

In an interview with CNN on Monday, former US president Barack Obama warned about America's democratic backsliding, citing Poland and Hungary as examples of "functioning democracies" turned "essentially authoritarian".

Instead of authoritarian I would call Poland fascist but what can be said by comrade Szuchow not necessarily can be said by former president.

Socrates.
  • Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23

Priests aren't exactly known for their intelligence, wit or ability to think critically but dumb fuck mentioned below should be embarrassment even to such trash:

Poles have a duty to thank God for the “gift” of ruling party chairman Jarosław Kaczyński and his late brother, former President Lech Kaczyński, the archbishop of Kraków has declared at a mass marking the 72nd anniversary of the twins’ birth.

I guess that by praising fascist he is simply maintaining tradition that his former bosses started.

Socrates.

Indeed.  The church always sucks up to the biggest prick they can find.

[Image: v1-vatican-and-nazi-germany-connection-d...decide.jpg]
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Szuchow