Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid things the religious say

(08-19-2021, 09:47 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Call me naive, but I truly  can't comprehend how an obviously  mentally challenged

individual such as Feaman can hold the political position he occupies.

The voters are every bit as stupid as he is.  In fact, they love 'em stupid.  The stupider the better.

[Image: donald-trump_3470953b.jpg]

Makes them feel less inadequate.
More to the point, they need them stupid. Spending a quarter of a second thinking about what the QOP actually says, or — Bob forbid! — actually checking to see if it's true rather than just swallowing it whole is fatal.

They've actually managed to turn a significant minority of the population of the United States into the Outer Party of Nineteen Eighty Four. War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. Oceania is at war with Eurasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia. The great enemy is Eastasia. Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia. There has never been a war with Eurasia.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 3 users Like trdsf's post:
  • Fireball, GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

(08-20-2021, 03:35 AM)trdsf Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 09:47 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Call me naive, but I truly  can't comprehend how an obviously  mentally challenged

individual such as Feaman can hold the political position he occupies.

The voters are every bit as stupid as he is.  In fact, they love 'em stupid.  The stupider the better.

More to the point, they need them stupid.  Spending a quarter of a second thinking about what the QOP actually says, or — Bob forbid! — actually checking to see if it's true rather than just swallowing it whole is fatal.

They've actually managed to turn a significant minority of the population of the United States into the Outer Party of Nineteen Eighty Four.  War is peace.  Freedom is slavery.  Ignorance is strength.  Oceania is at war with Eurasia.  Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.  The great enemy is Eastasia.  Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.  There has never been a war with Eurasia.

I declared here and perhaps elsewhere that 1984 had finally arrived when the chump was elected, so I'm in total accord with what you are saying.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 2 users Like Fireball's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Thumpalumpacus

While I sympathize with Vulc's position the retort to it was penned by Plato, long ago.

[Image: plato1-2x.jpg]

In the case of Fuckface and his nazi thugs....incredible inferiors.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 6 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Alan V, vulcanlogician, Kim, Gwaithmir, KevinM1, Mr Greene

(08-20-2021, 03:39 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(08-20-2021, 03:35 AM)trdsf Wrote:
(08-19-2021, 09:47 PM)Minimalist Wrote: The voters are every bit as stupid as he is.  In fact, they love 'em stupid.  The stupider the better.

More to the point, they need them stupid.  Spending a quarter of a second thinking about what the QOP actually says, or — Bob forbid! — actually checking to see if it's true rather than just swallowing it whole is fatal.

They've actually managed to turn a significant minority of the population of the United States into the Outer Party of Nineteen Eighty Four.  War is peace.  Freedom is slavery.  Ignorance is strength.  Oceania is at war with Eurasia.  Oceania has always been at war with Eurasia.  The great enemy is Eastasia.  Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia.  There has never been a war with Eurasia.
I declared here and perhaps elsewhere that 1984 had finally arrived when the chump was elected, so I'm in total accord with what you are saying.
I have long been of the opinion that the reason Republicans are generally hostile towards public schools and finding them properly is because if their base were capable of critical thinking (not that that is taught especially well, but still), they wouldn't vote Republican anymore.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra
The following 1 user Likes trdsf's post:
  • Fireball

They believe that with good reason.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-th...s-n1264425

Quote:At the beginning of this century, Republicans held an 11-point edge on party affiliation among college-educated voters. By the time Barack Obama was president, the figures had flipped to become a 4-point edge for the Democrats. And as President Donald Trump’s term was winding down, the numbers had come full-circle and the Democrats had a 13-point edge among college-educated voters on party affiliation.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Gwaithmir, KevinM1

Funny how never ending war, crippling debt, stagnating wages, a weakening barrier between work life and home life, a completely fucked up health care system, a botched pandemic response, and a bunch of other things have made intelligent people take notice of systemic problems and want to at least attempt to fix them. The Dems aren't perfect (by any stretch), but at the very least they pay lip service to change. Which is still better than "Nope, praise Supply Side Jesus, make healthcare even more draconian, and kill brown people both home and abroad for shits and giggles."
The following 2 users Like KevinM1's post:
  • Fireball, Gwaithmir

"I'll pray for you!" I don't need help from your imaginary friend, and fuck off. Also guess how long I've been going with out the help of an imaginary friend? And I seem to be doing pretty well, thank you very fucking much. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

By the way, why couldn't god have prevented me from being born with a genetic condition that caused a lot of severe health issues when I was a child, but somehow he can help me currently in my life with something fairly minor (which is what a certain someone said "I'll pray for you" to me for)? Seems rather odd.  Consider
Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.  Deadpan Coffee Drinker
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • KevinM1, Teddy, skyking

Along the lines of this is "god will never give you more than you can handle." Which is the bastard sibling of "there's a reason for everything."
The following 1 user Likes KevinM1's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

"All morality comes from God." (From a recent episode of The Atheist Experience I watched on YouTube. When asked for evidence that this was true, the caller kept saying, "Read the Bible!")
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • GenesisNemesis