Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid things the religious say

(03-17-2021, 09:38 PM)SYZ Wrote: Stupid things theists believe...

The Holy Bible; pages 1 to 1,150 inclusive.

The Psalms of Solomon are about the only thing worth reading in the bible.  

Quote: My beloved thrust his hand through the latch-opening; my heart began to pound for him. I arose to open for my beloved, and my hands dripped with myrrh, my fingers with flowing myrrh, on the handles of the bolt. 

Thrust his hand through the latch-opening??   I don't think this was a discussion of door locks.  lol

Quote: There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses. So you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when in Egypt your bosom was caressed and your young breasts fondled.
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Dānu, Vera

(04-23-2021, 03:54 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: The Psalms of Solomon are about the only thing worth reading in the bible.  

My first "sex" scene was in 1001 Nights. Ma'aruf the shoe-maker. I had a book aimed at kids so it was all very vague and obscure:

"He then set the charge, fired the cannon and demolished the fortress. He found his bride an unbored pearl and a mare that no one else had ridden, so he took her maidenhead and enjoyed her youth. Then he withdrew from her andafter a restorative pause, he returned fifteen times, as a result of which she conceived."

My version stopped after fortress, no pearls or conceiving but even though I was quite young I did get what they were talking about.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I have a  two-volume "grown-up" edition that I've been meaning to read for ages (but it's a bit on the verbose side... and yeah, coming from me (often on the verbose side myself  Modest ) this is rather ironic)
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Peebothuhlu