Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Who's dead now?

Who's dead now?
(03-27-2021, 12:07 AM)Mad Hatter Wrote: BREAKING: The BBC reported that actress Mary Tyler Moore has just died. Hmmm...

Quote:BBC Breaking News Just Announced Mary Tyler Moore Died – 4 Years After Her Death

https://www.thewrap.com/bbc-breaking-new...oore-obit/

I remember a similar gaffe from the early 1990's when a local radio station mistakenly reported the death of Anthony Hopkins, when it was in fact Anthony Perkins who had died.  Modest
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Mad Hatter

Who's dead now?
Larry McMurtry.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking

Who's dead now?
Sarah Obama, Barack Obama's step-grandmother.

"In a statement, Barack Obama said: “My family and I are mourning the loss of our beloved grandmother, Sarah Ogwel Onyango Obama, affectionately known to many as ‘Mama Sarah’ but known to us as ‘Dani’ or Granny. We will miss her dearly, but we’ll celebrate with gratitude her long and remarkable life."
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Dancefortwo

Who's dead now?
G. Gordon Liddy

From the age when republiKKKunts were just scumbags and not also nazis.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 4 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, Thumpalumpacus, abaris, Kim

Who's dead now?
My friend Ed from Rhode Island who succumbed to cancer last night. He was 76. We had become acquainted during the Mid-1960's while I was in high school. We corresponded frequently and began visiting each other after I bought my house in 1976. I'll truly miss him.  Sad
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Kim, Deesse23, Dānu

Who's dead now?
(03-31-2021, 08:04 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: My friend Ed from Rhode Island who succumbed to cancer last night. He was 76. We had become acquainted during the Mid-1960's while I was in high school. We corresponded frequently and began visiting each other after I bought my house in 1976. I'll truly miss him.  Sad

I'm really sorry for your loss, bud.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Who's dead now?
Sorry about your friend. We're at an age now where we're going to see them steadily winking out. Not a pleasant prospect.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
The following 3 users Like Fireball's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, Kim, Gwaithmir

Who's dead now?
(03-31-2021, 09:16 PM)Fireball Wrote: Sorry about your friend. We're at an age now where we're going to see them steadily winking out. Not a pleasant prospect.

Ed is the fifth friend of mine who has died of cancer during the past four years.  Sad

Who's dead now?
Mate, I'm sorry to hear that. Please accept my condolences to you,
and my thoughts for your long-time friend Ed. Take care.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Who's dead now?
(03-31-2021, 01:04 AM)Minimalist Wrote: G. Gordon Liddy

If for no other reason, I would've jailed Liddy for that ridiculous moustache
and his abject sense of dress.

[Image: g-gordon-liddy-002.jpg?w=696&ssl=1]
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Who's dead now?
(04-01-2021, 04:41 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(03-31-2021, 09:16 PM)Fireball Wrote: Sorry about your friend. We're at an age now where we're going to see them steadily winking out. Not a pleasant prospect.

Ed is the fifth friend of mine who has died of cancer during the past four years.  Sad

I'm so sorry to hear that. My condolences. Hug
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Who's dead now?
Prince Philip.
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 
The following 1 user Likes Vera's post:
  • Minimalist

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 11:26 AM)Vera Wrote: Prince Philip.

https://www.bbc.com/news

I'm pretty sure, his wife will follow soon, as it often is the case with old couples.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Who's dead now?
Charles up next? Or will he graciously bow out of the way and let the kids have their fun?
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 01:40 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Charles up next? Or will he graciously bow out of the way and let the kids have their fun?

Prince Philip was a consort.  Elizabeth has to die for the crown to be passed onto Charles or whoever. 

Prince Philips mother, Princess Alice of Battenburg, was one of the more interesting women in Europe's royal families.  She was pretty much rejected by her family and at one point in her life she was living in a rather squalid two bedroom flat in Paris while working directly with the poor.  She hid a Jewish family in her apartment during WW II.  She probably suffered from psychotic depression but was misdiagnosed with scizophrenia and sent to a sanitorium. 

Sigmund Freud thought her delusions were a result of sexual frustrations and recommended that her ovaries be fried by an x-ray machine to kill off her sexuality.    Facepalm

Anyway, this was the mother of Philip who packed a lot of interesting events into her life.   How Philip turned out to be so boring is anyone's guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_A...Battenberg
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Vera, Inkubus, Full Circle

Who's dead now?

Oh no! So anyway...

Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Fireball

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Prince Philips mother, Princess Alice of Battenburg, was one of the more interesting women in Europe's royal families.
Her mother/Philips grandma was Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine, thus Philip was 1/4 german.

Victoria was not only Philips grandma, she was also (one of) Queen Victorias granddaughters. hobo Incest is a game the whole family can play.
R.I.P. Hannes
The following 4 users Like Deesse23's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus, epronovost, SYZ

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: How Philip turned out to be so boring is anyone's guess.

He was anything but boring. Had a pretty loud mouth when it came to foreign dignitaries. Here's a incomplete list of his gaffes, sometimes bordering on racism.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-39806145
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 3 users Like abaris's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Thumpalumpacus, Deesse23

Who's dead now?

<yawn>
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Fireball, Thumpalumpacus

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 01:40 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Charles up next? Or will he graciously bow out of the way and let the kids have their fun?

Prince Philip was a consort.  Elizabeth has to die for the crown to be passed onto Charles or whoever. 

I knew that a few years after she was crowned. Had to have it explained to me. Hey, I was only eight.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 03:28 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Prince Philips mother, Princess Alice of Battenburg, was one of the more interesting women in Europe's royal families.
Her mother/Philips grandma was Princess Victoria of Hesse and by Rhine, thus Philip was 1/4 german.

Victoria was not only Philips grandma, she was also (one of) Queen Victorias granddaughters.  hobo  Incest is a game the whole family can play.

Yup.  I think that makes them second cousins?  I could be wrong about that but whatever it is they're closly related.  Ick. They need new blood in the family...someone totally unrelated to them.  Maybe one of her grandsons should marry a bi-racial black women from the US      Nod
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • TheGentlemanBastard

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Sigmund Freud thought her delusions were a result of sexual frustrations and recommended that her ovaries be fried by an x-ray machine to kill off her sexuality. 

Ah yeah, good ole "it's a woman so it must be her (cover the ears of little children and nervous invalids) v-a-g-i-n-a"... whatever the ailment actually might be. Dodgy

I remember watching a documentary (about his vile nephew Edward Bernays, "the father of propaganda", one of whose campaigns was to "promote female smoking by branding cigarettes as feminist "Torches of Freedom") and there was an episode about Anna Freud and the infortunate Burlingham kids who were under her psychological "care" pretty much all their lives.

One (might have been two) ended up an alcoholic (and died of it), the other killed herself. Stellar record, for sure. Should've just fried their genitals Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Oh god, I went down the google rabbit hole and ended up reading about her sexual/mastubatory fantasies   hobo
The following 2 users Like Vera's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Dancefortwo

Who's dead now?
(03-31-2021, 08:04 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote: My friend Ed from Rhode Island who succumbed to cancer last night. He was 76. We had become acquainted during the Mid-1960's while I was in high school. We corresponded frequently and began visiting each other after I bought my house in 1976. I'll truly miss him.  Sad

So sorry mate, hugs to you from across the pond.  Sad
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Who's dead now?
Rapper/actor DMX

Who's dead now?
(04-09-2021, 05:17 PM)Vera Wrote:
(04-09-2021, 03:14 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Sigmund Freud thought her delusions were a result of sexual frustrations and recommended that her ovaries be fried by an x-ray machine to kill off her sexuality. 

Ah yeah, good ole "it's a woman so it must be her (cover the ears of little children and nervous invalids) v-a-g-i-n-a"... whatever the ailment actually might be.  Dodgy  

An
I remember watching a documentary (about his vile nephew Edward Bernays, "the father of propaganda", one of whose campaigns was to "promote female smoking by branding cigarettes as feminist "Torches of Freedom") and there was an episode about Anna Freud and the infortunate Burlingham kids who were under her psychological "care" pretty much all their lives.

One (might have been two) ended up an alcoholic (and died of it), the other killed herself. Stellar record, for sure. Should've just fried their genitals  Deadpan Coffee Drinker

Oh god, I went down the google rabbit hole and ended up reading about her sexual/mastubatory fantasies   hobo

The great ballet dancer, Nijinski, was sadly diagnosed with schizophrenia and was in the very same mental hospital as Princess Anne at the same time but I notice the doctors didn't blame his gonads or suggest they be fried with an x-ray machine.
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Vera