Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why men sniff their fingers after scratching their balls

(07-10-2019, 02:06 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 02:00 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 01:54 AM)Fireball Wrote: I put the seat and lid down when I'm finished, because I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy.  Tongue  I endured a bit of rancor after I got married. That was my solution. This shouldn't be a problem for reasonable people. Pointers and setters use the toilet in different ways. If I have to pay attention to the position of the seat, everybody does.

That is actually a good idea, sanitation-wise. I started doing this after hearing that fecal spray happens microscopically when flushing.

-Teresa

I watched an episode of MythBusters (who get so much wrong that I just cringe) where they left toothbrushes in bathrooms for various amounts of time, and they almost all had e. coli growing on them. >.< Maybe people brush their teeth after defecating and don't wash their hands first?  Huh

It's the Fecal Spray!   Shit hits the fan

-Teresa
There is in the universe only one true divide, one real binary, life and death. Either you are living or you are not. Everything else is molten, malleable.

-Susan Faludi, In the Darkroom
The following 1 user Likes Tres Leches's post:
  • Fireball

(07-10-2019, 02:42 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 02:06 AM)Fireball Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 02:00 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: That is actually a good idea, sanitation-wise. I started doing this after hearing that fecal spray happens microscopically when flushing.

-Teresa

I watched an episode of MythBusters (who get so much wrong that I just cringe) where they left toothbrushes in bathrooms for various amounts of time, and they almost all had e. coli growing on them. >.< Maybe people brush their teeth after defecating and don't wash their hands first?  Huh

It's the Fecal Spray!   Shit hits the fan

-Teresa

Quote:Teresa said ...

Naw, I leave used tampons floating in the toilet

And don't forget the red butt from unflushed tampons  Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes madog's post:
  • Tres Leches

(07-10-2019, 01:54 AM)Fireball Wrote: I put the seat and lid down when I'm finished, because I'm an equal opportunity kind of guy.  Tongue  I endured a bit of rancor after I got married. That was my solution. This shouldn't be a problem for reasonable people. Pointers and setters use the toilet in different ways. If I have to pay attention to the position of the seat, everybody does.

That is actually a good idea, sanitation-wise. I started doing this after hearing that fecal spray happens microscopically when flushing.

-Teresa

Yep. I started closing up the crapper before flushing a long time ago. Don't need the contents of the crapper floating about in aerosol form any more than is necessary! So, I guess you ladies, who stumble into the bathroom, half asleep, in the dark, will wind up peeing on the lid if we ever have to share a bathroom. ROFL2
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Tres Leches

(07-10-2019, 03:32 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:

-Teresa

Yep. I started closing up the crapper before flushing a long time ago. Don't need the contents of the crapper floating about in aerosol form any more than is necessary! So, I guess you ladies, who stumble into the bathroom, half asleep, in the dark, will wind up peeing on the lid if we ever have to share a bathroom. ROFL2

I put the lid down too, but I do it because my bathroom is very small and the only place I could put the medicine cabinet is right above the toilet. I can't count the times I've opened up the cabinet and had something plop right down into the toilet so I started closing the lid and it solved the problem.  Husband always puts the lid down even in his own bathroom.  His father taught him to do that so as to make his mother happy. She had five kids, one after another. It was hard work. She didn't need to fall into the toilet bowl in the middle of the night.    Shake
                                                         T4618
The following 2 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Tres Leches, Jenny

(07-09-2019, 03:09 PM)Dancefortwo Wrote: Facepalm Oh fur chrissakes.  Men really do this?    Huh

I'm fairly certain i've never done that.....ever. Am I  the strange one now?  hobo
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Jenny, Fireball

(07-10-2019, 01:47 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Question for the guys from a genuinely curious person:

If you have to poop and the seat is up, do you put it down before sitting? Do you then raise the seat up again after pooping?
Have you ever pooped at night and accidentally sat inside a toilet bowl? (I'm guessing there's not much night-pooping so that's probably a moot poop question.)

-Teresa

Yeah, that's happened. I survived it. Just as I survived peeing on the seat. Seat up means we didn't pee on it. Cheer for us!
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

(07-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Jenny Wrote: Now if only there was a study on why they leave the toilet seats up. Wink

I never do. I grew up in a household in which we had a strict rule about closing the lid before flushing.  Whistling
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 5 users Like Gwaithmir's post:
  • Jenny, OakTree500, Deesse23, Dancefortwo, Tres Leches

(07-10-2019, 11:36 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Jenny Wrote: Now if only there was a study on why they leave the toilet seats up. Wink

I never do. I grew up in a household in which we had a strict rule about closing the lid before flushing.  Whistling

"Equally inconvenient for everyone." Thumbs Up

(07-10-2019, 11:36 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:

I grew up in a female lead household as a young'un, so it was a rule before it was a rule for me  Big Grin Now I live with more women [Wife + Daughter], so I've never not put that seat down  ROFL2
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Jenny, SYZ

Boss Lady and I have separate bathrooms. Domestic tranquility for all.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • OakTree500

Get one of these and never worry about whether or not the seat is up or down:

I recently had one installed. The seat is about 5" higher than one on a conventional toilet, making it ergonomic, especially for a portly fellow like myself. The bowl and bidet wand are self-cleaning. It just about eliminates the need for toilet paper. It uses only 1½ gallons of water per flush. Water temperature may be adjusted to suit the user's needs. The seat has a heating function. It was a bit pricey, but worth every penny I paid.  Approve
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Is it any better than the Ferguson?

resim
R.I.P. Hannes

(07-11-2019, 03:40 PM)Deesse23 Wrote: Is it any better than the Ferguson?

resim

It makes conventional toilets obsolete.  Big Grin

The following 1 user Likes evenheathen's post:
  • Phaedrus

(07-09-2019, 03:13 PM)no one Wrote: I let other people smell my fingers.

OK, but do you also let other people scratch your balls?  Whistling
No gods necessary

(07-09-2019, 09:40 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 09:37 PM)Dom Wrote: Try stumbling out of bed in the middle of the night, groping your way to the bathroom and sitting down on the toilet, which has been left open so you miscalculate the distance down as well as are greeted by an ice cold thin rim of ceramic. 

It can turn you into a murderous maniac...it's a rude awakening during a process that would normally never even register.

Men who fail to put the seat down are banned in my house.

So, you've been outsmarted by a potty?  Whistling

That or else they've forgotten how to use the light switch.  Angel
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Gawdzilla Sama

(07-15-2019, 12:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 09:40 PM)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 09:37 PM)Dom Wrote: Try stumbling out of bed in the middle of the night, groping your way to the bathroom and sitting down on the toilet, which has been left open so you miscalculate the distance down as well as are greeted by an ice cold thin rim of ceramic. 

It can turn you into a murderous maniac...it's a rude awakening during a process that would normally never even register.

Men who fail to put the seat down are banned in my house.

So, you've been outsmarted by a potty?  Whistling

That or else they've forgotten how to use the light switch.  Angel

Skill test level -3.
The following 1 user Likes Gawdzilla Sama's post:
  • adey67

(07-09-2019, 07:12 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(07-09-2019, 03:40 PM)Jenny Wrote: Now if only there was a study on why they leave the toilet seats up. 

Because if we left the seat down and got piss on it you'd grumble even more.  Big Grin Tongue

The key is to do the following: Lift the seat up, piss and then put it back down.

Or lift the seat up, piss and not put it back down ... because what woman isn't going to lift it up to pee?
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

To get back on topic: I'm pretty sure that self-ball-sniffing is narcissism rather than egoism.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(07-10-2019, 01:57 AM)Dom Wrote:

That's cool. What's annoying is the falling into the pot with one's ass...

That can happen to men just as easily but when has a man ever complained about falling in because they were incapable of putting a seat down?

This whole thing is just chivalry and therefore just women being sexist towards themselves. It's like women who want men to open doors for them. It's misogynistic.

It's ultimately men's fault of course. Both gender roles have been exaggerated because of oppression from a male-dominated society. Chivalry wouldn't exist if it were not for men.

(07-10-2019, 01:58 AM)Tres Leches Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 01:50 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 01:47 AM)Tres Leches Wrote: Question for the guys from a genuinely curious person:

If you have to poop and the seat is up, do you put it down before sitting? Do you then raise the seat up again after pooping?
Have you ever pooped at night and accidentally sat inside a toilet bowl? (I'm guessing there's not much night-pooping so that's probably a moot poop question.)

-Teresa

We're dumb but we're not that dumb...yah I always check to get the seat down before I sit.  But then I leave it down.

So you're saying we ladies who accidentally sit inside a toilet bowl to pee at night are dumb?  Tongue   Chuckle 

I'm just yanking your chain, btw.  Angel

-Teresa

Women aren't dumb and they're completely capable of doing it. It's just the idea that's dumb. It's just chivalry ... which is something any feminist should oppose.

P.S. The most hygienic and fair answer is that lids should be nailed down and men should just sit down to pee. Problem solved. Insisting on standing up to pee is just male insecurity anyway.

The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Tres Leches

(07-15-2019, 08:49 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

That can happen to men just as easily but when has a man ever complained about falling in because they were incapable of putting a seat down?

This whole thing is just chivalry and therefore just women being sexist towards themselves. It's like women who want men to open doors for them. It's misogynistic.

It's ultimately men's fault of course. Both gender roles have been exaggerated because of oppression from a male-dominated society. Chivalry wouldn't exist if it were not for men.

I don't consider being considerate as chivalry. I was considerate of hubby's needs and expected the same in return. Y'all should try it sometime, it makes everyone happy.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

(07-15-2019, 08:49 AM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

LOL. Putting the seat down is not chivalry, it's being nagged to death.

Nuke from orbit... it's the only way to sure. :Big Grin

(07-15-2019, 08:29 PM)LastPoet Wrote: Nuke from orbit... it's the only way to sure. :Big Grin

Or tell John Wick they killed his dog. Whistling