Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
I'm gonna leave my vote on you a bit longer because you haven't done "the town thing" yet.

Do the town thing, Paleo! Prove to me your faith and commitment to team town!

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:31 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Just woke up. Slept an extra half hour because I didn't have my alarm set. I have tonight off from work.

We're voting for Paleo.

(Not really, but if you want to join it, that'll be cool too.)

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
*join in

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Vote Aliza  

Getting an odd fluff feel off of her this game.
The following 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post:
  • Smercury44

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
At this point, everyone is suspect to me, but I might as well for someone.

Vote Paleo

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:32 AM)Aliza Wrote: I'm gonna leave my vote on you a bit longer because you haven't done "the town thing" yet.

If it's the thing that I think you're talking about then it's NAI. I was doing it last game as coven leader.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:39 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 02:32 AM)Aliza Wrote: I'm gonna leave my vote on you a bit longer because you haven't done "the town thing" yet.

If it's the thing that I think you're talking about then it's NAI. I was doing it last game as coven leader.

It's still valid.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Not a whole lot to go on so far:

@Assassin You have a naked vote in post 9. It's also kinda useless because it wasn't pressuring a player who was here. Sure, RVS and all, but why didn't you target somebody who was around and might squeak interestingly?

@Revenant77x In post 15 are you saying that you're just going to lurk or have I misread that?

@Aliza You vote Merc in post 16 for little reason and then unvote her in post 17. What did Merc do to change your mind?

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 02:49 AM)Paleophyte Wrote: Not a whole lot to go on so far:

@Assassin You have a naked vote in post 9. It's also kinda useless because it wasn't pressuring a player who was here. Sure, RVS and all, but why didn't you target somebody who was around and might squeak interestingly?

@Revenant77x In post 15 are you saying that you're just going to lurk or have I misread that?

@Aliza You vote Merc in post 16 for little reason and then unvote her in post 17. What did Merc do to change your mind?

I need a reason to unvote her only several posts into the game? Okay, fine. I just like her and I thought it was a baseless vote to get things kicking. If she's town, she's just feeling things out. If she's scum, she was banking on my past games to predict that I might town read her for voting me.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • Paleophyte

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

Who else was around? The mod made most of the 8 previous posts at the time. There was just Mathilda and LastPoet who voted eachother over who posted first, wasn't really interested in that exchange. I thought it better to include more players, the game had just started. 

How is my random vote useless? To me it seems to be working fine.
The following 2 users Like Assassin's post:
  • Paleophyte, Mathilda

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

Not lurk so much as not be so forward.
The following 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post:
  • Paleophyte

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
If I can be so bold as to suggest something: if Aliza and Mercury are banking on a past way of confirming one another's towniness, couldn't they use that to their advantage as scum to fool the rest of us, especially since Aliza was forthright in mentioning their little bond?

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 03:06 AM)Assassin Wrote:

Who else was around? The mod made most of the 8 previous posts at the time. There was just Mathilda and LastPoet who voted eachother over who posted first, wasn't really interested in that exchange. I thought it better to include more players, the game had just started. 

How is my random vote useless? To me it seems to be working fine.

It has been useful in its own way. It's just that it might not have produced any results until tomorrow if I hadn't popped on until then, whereas voting somebody who's around to comment produces results almost immediately.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 03:01 AM)Aliza Wrote:

I need a reason to unvote her only several posts into the game? Okay, fine. I just like her and I thought it was a baseless vote to get things kicking. If she's town, she's just feeling things out. If she's scum, she was banking on my past games to predict that I might town read her for voting me.

It is a baseless vote to get things moving, but you want to leave it on long enough to have an effect. If you pull it off again immediately it doesn't do anything and that looks odd.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 03:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: If I can be so bold as to suggest something: if Aliza and Mercury are banking on a past way of confirming one another's towniness, couldn't they use that to their advantage as scum to fool the rest of us, especially since Aliza was forthright in mentioning their little bond?

It's possible. Where do you see them doing that?

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 03:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 03:16 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: If I can be so bold as to suggest something: if Aliza and Mercury are banking on a past way of confirming one another's towniness, couldn't they use that to their advantage as scum to fool the rest of us, especially since Aliza was forthright in mentioning their little bond?

Right here.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 03:27 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 03:24 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:

Right here.

Well, since it's just Aliza making a claim you really only have half the dynamic that you're suggesting. Also, Aliza's saying that Mercscum would do act that way, so hardly a stellar way to confirm her towniness.

(02-19-2019, 03:01 AM)Aliza Wrote:

Just out of curiosity @Phaedrus , why didn't you ask @Aliza and @Smercury44  rather than casting shade.

Also, you have a cushy third place spot on my wagon for no apparent reason.

Unvote

Vote Phaedrus

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Sorry, as a true townie, my vote stays on you @Paleophyte

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Also, your misinterpretation of shade is rather suspect. Wink

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 03:44 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Sorry, as a true townie, my vote stays on you @Paleophyte

Not that I mind, but might I ask why?

(02-19-2019, 03:46 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Also, your misinterpretation of shade is rather suspect. Wink

How do you figure?

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 04:01 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 03:44 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Sorry, as a true townie, my vote stays on you @Paleophyte

(02-19-2019, 03:46 AM)Phaedrus Wrote: Also, your misinterpretation of shade is rather suspect. Wink

How do you figure?

Because from what I have gathered with my limited experience with mafia, establishing one's loyalty as town is best done by following the vote bandwagon even though at this point it doesn't make much sense since I do suspect her ( How do you figure? ) due to the fact that I have investigated and interpreted her exchange with Mercury.

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia

Do you scum read him?

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
(02-19-2019, 04:10 AM)Phaedrus Wrote:
(02-19-2019, 04:01 AM)Paleophyte Wrote:

How do you figure?

Because from what I have gathered with my limited experience with mafia, establishing one's loyalty as town is best done by following the vote bandwagon even though at this point it doesn't make much sense since I do suspect her ( How do you figure? ) due to the fact that I have investigated and interpreted her exchange with Mercury.

Just for the record, I was only kidding about everyone voting for Paleo. I was forming a nice early wagon just to get some things moving. 

Vote for Paleo for your reasons, but don't follow my lead. I'm just throwing things out to see what sticks. Dunno
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • Phaedrus, Paleophyte

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Unvote PaleoUnvote
The following 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post:
  • Aliza

Mafia game#7—Fruit Mafia
Vote Aurora