Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

[Image: 353f933834ec0050cef7829b3872565e.jpg]

This game will use the following standard roles:

• There are slight differences in that if it is not specified who to redirect / deflect to, then it will be chosen at random and the player will not be told who.
  • If the cop is redirected or their investigation is deflected then the cop will be told who they ended up investigating.
  • A jail keeper's action cannot be deflected but the jailer may be redirected unless the jailer is targeting the redirector.
  • Redirection cannot be deflected.
  • Redirection can not be used for self-targeting.
  • Deflection can only be self-targeting in that all actions performed on yourself get deflected to another player.

You may need to ask me questions as the game proceeds. These will be answered truthfully.

There will be the usual balance of 1 scum to every 3 townies (four players).

Players:

1. EvieTheAvocado
2. Aliza
3. Assassin
4. mlmooney89
5. Paleophyte
6. Joods
7. Revenant77x
8. Aroura
9. TheGulegon
The following 7 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • c172, Paleophyte, Joods, Aroura, Smercury44, EvieTheAvocado, TheGulegon

sounds interesting
how many comments/ posts does a person have to make for night and day durations??

(01-17-2019, 12:02 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: sounds interesting
how many comments/ posts does a person have to make for night and day  durations??

A player who does not make any posts by the end of the day will be mod killed.

But I strongly suggest that by posting the minimum possible then you will be ruining the game for everyone else and no one will appreciate this.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Joods, Smercury44

like 4 posts per day/ night?
more?

(01-17-2019, 12:12 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: like 4 posts per day/ night?
more?

I'm out if SO is in. 

Outlaw, I'm sorry, you're a nice guy off the game, but I think you need to spend some time in the peanut gallery observing the game and learning to make meaningful commentary on what's going on. If you're unable to break with your initial biases of player alignment to talk to them, maybe the peanut gallery will serve as good practice.
The following 3 users Like Aliza's post:
  • mlmooney89, Joods, Smercury44

I've learned that when town has a scapegoat they take it very serious

Sign me up.

SO will make the game less enjoyable but even with him I'll still enjoy it and I'll still play to my wincon.

I just gotta hope I don't roll as scum along with him, lol.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.
The following 1 user Likes EvieTheAvocado's post:
  • Smercury44

(01-17-2019, 01:34 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: I've learned that when town has a scapegoat they take it very serious

See that's just the thing. You needed to learn from your second game not to call people Jugs and Ma Mooney. Now you're learning that [posting is a part of this game. There's this point where it's just too much.

8 posts is not enough.
It's not good enough to refer to women as he, "Jugs" or whatever other names you came up with in game #3. 
If you aggravate a player to a point where they role reveal to duel you, then you're not doing nearly enough to play the game properly.

I don't know what the broken component is here, but you wasted my time in the last game and I value my time. I can't play a game with you until you demonstrate that you're able to play properly. You don't even have to make the correct assessments. You just have to put some effort into being courteous to your fellow players and interacting with people.
The following 5 users Like Aliza's post:
  • mlmooney89, pocaracas, Tartarus Sauce, Joods, Smercury44

(01-17-2019, 01:34 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: I've learned that when town has a scapegoat they take it very serious

The biggest problem last game is that survival seemed to be your primary goal and because you were Innocent Child it seemed like you thought it was going to be really easy to survive from lynch so all you had to worry about was the night kills.

That's not how the game works: As town you are going to want to try and get the scum killed even if you die in the process and as scum you are going to want to get the town killed even if you die in the process.

The objective is always about your team winning. Why? Because even dead players can win with their team! I made Vosur an exception last game simply because he never showed up: so he was never really a player.
My Argument Against Free Will Wrote:(1) Ultimately, to control your actions you have to originate your original nature.

(2) But you can't originate your original nature—it's already there.

(3) So, ultimately, you can't control your actions.

(01-17-2019, 01:49 PM)EvieTheAvocado Wrote:

The biggest problem last game is that survival seemed to be your primary goal and because you were Innocent Child it seemed like you thought it was going to be really easy to survive from lynch so all you had to worry about was the night kills.

That's not how the game works: As town you are going to want to try and get the scum killed even if you die in the process and as scum you are going to want to get the town killed even if you die in the process.

The objective is always about your team winning. Why? Because even dead players can win with their team! I made Vosur an exception last game simply because he never showed up.

Also it's worthwhile pointing out SO that you lost in the previous game even though no one lynched you because your faction lost.
The following 4 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, mlmooney89, Joods, Smercury44

I voted for town because I was duped
I admit I voted town each and every time
I voted
That is the game
im the scapegoat but I'm not the only one who was duped
I had help from these other idiots playing town and scum

@Aliza can you explain to me the difference between redirector and deflector roles please.

(01-17-2019, 01:52 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: I voted for town because I was duped
I voted
That is the game

The whole point of the game is that scum try to dupe town. This is why town need to collaborate. But they don't know who else is town.
The following 1 user Likes Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 01:52 PM)Assassin Wrote: @Aliza can you explain to me the difference between redirector and deflector roles please.

@Aliza that would be good info
same with post numbers

(01-17-2019, 01:55 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:52 PM)Assassin Wrote: @Aliza can you explain to me the difference between redirector and deflector roles please.

@Aliza that would be good info
same with post numbers

Ah, these are actually questions for @Mathilda.

I do the back-end set up... like the physical boards, your user account, etc.
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 01:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:52 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: I voted for town because I was duped
I voted
That is the game

The whole point of the game is that scum try to dupe town. This is why town need to collaborate. But they don't know who else is town.
wow I hardly noticed that
if I was psychic I could have saved town from day 1
Vosur didn't even post once and that is hardly news

I think you meant to ask me Smile

A redirector targeting someone will any actions performed by the target to a second player instead.

So for example, if you are a redirector and your target turns out to be scum then you redirect their night kill to a second player who then dies.

A deflector has any actions performed on them moved to a second player instead.

For example, scum try to assassinate someone who happens to be a deflector and end up killing the person the deflector targeted.

(01-17-2019, 01:57 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote:
I voted
That is the game

You didn't post to be able to interact with your fellow players. I suggested you were scum because of bizarre behavior and you didn't come and defend yourself except to say that voting for you would be a mistake.

Like I said. I felt you wasted my time and I don't like my time to be wasted. I think you need to sit a few games out and comment in the peanut gallery because your play style over three games is getting worse, not better.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Joods

(01-17-2019, 01:58 PM)Mathilda Wrote:

A redirector targeting someone will any actions performed by the target to a second player instead.

So for example, if you are a redirector and your target turns out to be scum then you redirect their night kill to a second player who then dies.

For example, scum try to assassinate someone who happens to be a deflector and end up killing the second player.

Moral of the story here is not to be the second player.

Right. Who wants to sign up to the second slot? Smile

I'll take the second slot unless you put Outlaw in the game. Then I'm out and I think @Tartarus Sauce will also be out as well.
The following 2 users Like Aliza's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, Joods

it's a game, if you waste your time playing a game don't blame me
Vosur is excused because they aren't duped into voting for town
I got this game figured out

I voted
That is the game

OK I'm sorry but for the sake of the game I'm not going to sign you up for this one.
The following 5 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • EvieTheAvocado, mlmooney89, Tartarus Sauce, Aliza, Joods

For example, scum try to assassinate someone who happens to be a deflector and end up killing the person the deflector targeted.

How many slots are you looking for idealy? 

Thanks for answering btw, but it was meant for Aliza I wanted to test her/prep her for the game were she to join, you know, make sure she knows what's happening. Instead of trying to tutor her in game. I didn't tutor her in game last time in fear it was all an act...
The following 2 users Like Assassin's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado

(01-17-2019, 02:00 PM)Schrodinger's Outlaw Wrote: it's a game, if you waste your time playing a game don't blame me
Vosur is excused because they aren't duped into voting for town
I got this game figured out

It's not about being right or wrong as much as it's about making an effort... but to be fair, if you'd won any games with your current play style, I might be singing a different tune. 

Have you won any games?
The following 1 user Likes Aliza's post:
  • mlmooney89

(01-17-2019, 02:00 PM)Mathilda Wrote:
(01-17-2019, 01:53 PM)Mathilda Wrote: The whole point of the game is that scum try to dupe town. This is why town need to collaborate. But they don't know who else is town.

OK I'm sorry but for the sake of the game I'm not going to sign you up for this one.

because im the scapegoat
I get it I voted for town because I was duped and in mafia that isn't allowed

(01-17-2019, 02:02 PM)Assassin Wrote:

How many slots are you looking for idealy? 

Thanks for answering btw, but it was meant for Aliza I wanted to test her/prep her for the game were she to join, you know, make sure she knows what's happening. Instead of trying to tutor her in game. I didn't tutor her in game last time in fear it was all an act...

I don't have a specific number of players in mind but a minimum of 8 players so there will be 2 scum. The more the merrier though.
The following 3 users Like Mathilda's post:
  • Aliza, EvieTheAvocado, Joods