Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ban log peanut gallery (Warning: May contain nuts)

(12-30-2022, 04:50 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote:
(12-29-2022, 07:14 PM)arewethereyet Wrote: Lies...apparently that's acceptable here.
I'm new here, and don't even know what TTA is. But I've ran into you before; you are excrement in my opinion.

"I don't know what you're talking about, but here's my opinion anyway."

Were you the one complaining about her interpretation of the rule about misquoting people at AF?
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Ok, I think for the good of the forum we ALL need to dial it back a bit, shit is getting way out of hand. May I suggest a temporary moratorium on this subject to give ourselves a chance to cool our jets (for want of a better term), it would be a crying shame to lose anymore valued members or have a forum civil war break out.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 4 users Like adey67's post:
  • GenesisNemesis, Deesse23, skyking, Dom

(12-30-2022, 05:07 PM)Dānu Wrote: Were you the one complaining about her interpretation of the rule about misquoting people at AF?
Yes, she(?) is apparently the gatekeeper over their. According to my experience: new users aren't allowed to truncate quotes, even if they label them as such, while old users are allowed to do it all they want (without labeling). I was removed when I pointed that out.

(12-30-2022, 05:29 PM)adey67 Wrote: Ok, I think for the good of the forum we ALL need to dial it back a bit, shit is getting way out of hand. May I suggest a temporary moratorium on this subject to give ourselves a chance to cool our jets (for want of a better term), it would be a crying shame to lose anymore valued members or have a forum civil war break out.

I don't even know what's going on, but I'm angry.  Angry
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 3 users Like GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Alan V, c172, adey67

Do you all, and by all I mean two or three of you, want to continue this shitshow? All is said an done. No use in beating the dead horses to a pulp.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The following 1 user Likes abaris's post:
  • adey67

(12-30-2022, 06:01 PM)abaris Wrote: Do you all, and by all I mean two or three of you, want to continue this shitshow? All is said an done. No use in beating the dead horses to a pulp.

Yes, for I am blinded by emotion.  Angry
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

(12-30-2022, 05:47 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 05:07 PM)Dānu Wrote: Were you the one complaining about her interpretation of the rule about misquoting people at AF?
Yes, she(?) is apparently the gatekeeper over their. According to my experience: new users aren't allowed to truncate quotes, even if they label them as such, while old users are allowed to do it all they want (without labeling). I was removed when I pointed that out.

That's your interpretation.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • rocinantexyz

(12-30-2022, 07:46 PM)Dānu Wrote: That's your interpretation.
Well you don't know me from Adam, so I guess you shouldn't believe a word I say. I understand.

(12-30-2022, 08:36 PM)rocinantexyz Wrote:
(12-30-2022, 07:46 PM)Dānu Wrote: That's your interpretation.
Well you don't know me from Adam, so I guess you shouldn't believe a word I say. I understand.

It's not a question of that.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • rocinantexyz

*Sticks head in here, takes a look around, and says... WTF?*

You never saw me, I was never here!

*backs away slowly and closes door quietly behind me*
Welcome to the Atheist Forums on AtheistDiscussion.org
The following 6 users Like Free's post:
  • Dom, Bucky Ball, GenesisNemesis, Minimalist, epronovost, Unsapien

[Image: community-donald-glover.gif]

Me walking into this thread
The following 2 users Like OakTree500's post:
  • Deesse23, Free

Have we reached the darkest timeline, Troy?

I am hoping to be able to comment on the ban of chucky-two-dozen.

He is merely preaching to the forum members. Deadpan Coffee Drinker
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 4 users Like Chas's post:
  • skyking, brewerb, pattylt, Szuchow

chapter and boring verse
test signature
The following 2 users Like skyking's post:
  • Chas, pattylt

Yeah, I’m beyond trying to have any kind of discussion with him and I’m tired of him telling us what to do.
The following 1 user Likes pattylt's post:
  • Szuchow

N. B.

7. No Deliberately Disruptive Behavior

Spirited discussion is expected and encouraged, and thread topics often digress but members who continually disrupt conversations or start provocative threads with no intention of having an honest discussion will be considered a nuisance.  Any member deliberately provoking another member into being disruptive may have their attempts backfire. Proselytization also falls under disruptive behavior (or threatening behavior from rule 6) and will not be tolerated on this forum.
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte
The following 3 users Like Chas's post:
  • Deesse23, brewerb, pattylt