Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Xtians

Damned Xtians
Another baptist fuckwad with his hand in the till.  Jesus would be so proud!

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/07/pastor-...led-to-it/

Quote:Pastor who stole more than $631,000 from AIDS charities claims he’s ‘entitled to it’

A New York City pastor is being charged with stealing money that was allocated to go to help HIV-positive drug addicts to use for Caribbean vacations and gifts for himself.

According to the New York Daily News, Bronx Pastor Reginald Williams, of the Charity Baptist Church of Christ, scammed nonprofit groups out of more than $631,000. Two others, Bennie Hadnott and Naomi Barrera, helped Williams and were charged with grand larceny in the Manhattan Supreme Court Wednesday.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • mordant

Damned Xtians
"I'm entitled to it" just about sums it up.

Damned Xtians
Another xtian shitwit - seems to be some sort of self-proclaimed "minister."

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/cr...887099001/

Quote:Florida man writes anti-gay remark on bill, stuffs it down woman's blouse, police say

A Florida man was arrested after writing a gay slur on his waiter's receipt, then ripping it up and stuffing it down the restaurant manager's shirt after she confronted him outside, police say.

Frederic Sterry Smith, 62, of St. Augustine was charged with simple battery Saturday outside Milagro On 12 Latin Kitchen, in downtown St. Augustine.

Quote:Smith was unavailable for comment. His Facebook page lists that he's a minister and president of Servant’s Heart Disaster Relief, a St. Augustine-based nonprofit and "evangelical hands-on ministry devoted to helping hurricane victims in North America and the Caribbean."

Jesus must be so proud!

Damned Xtians
(08-02-2019, 04:17 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Another xtian shitwit - seems to be some sort of self-proclaimed "minister."

https://www.naplesnews.com/story/news/cr...887099001/

Quote:Florida man writes anti-gay remark on bill, stuffs it down woman's blouse, police say

A Florida man was arrested after writing a gay slur on his waiter's receipt, then ripping it up and stuffing it down the restaurant manager's shirt after she confronted him outside, police say.

Frederic Sterry Smith, 62, of St. Augustine was charged with simple battery Saturday outside Milagro On 12 Latin Kitchen, in downtown St. Augustine.

Quote:Smith was unavailable for comment. His Facebook page lists that he's a minister and president of Servant’s Heart Disaster Relief, a St. Augustine-based nonprofit and "evangelical hands-on ministry devoted to helping hurricane victims in North America and the Caribbean."

Jesus must be so proud!

"I can say whatever I want, to whoever I want!" Smith told police, the report stated.

Note the previous link to the article about the Baptist embezzler, whose lawyer argued that he was "entitled to the money".

Are we seeing a theme here?

Damned Xtians
And Jesus sayeth.."hey buddy, you want to buy this genuine bracelet that fell off a truck?"

https://www.wbtw.com/news/i-am-astonishe...bracelets/

Quote:‘I am astonished’: NC pastor could face 3 years in jail for selling $24M in fake Cartier bracelets

Just a bunch of crooks.

Damned Xtians
(08-08-2019, 01:25 AM)Minimalist Wrote: And Jesus sayeth.."hey buddy, you want to buy this genuine bracelet that fell off a truck?"

https://www.wbtw.com/news/i-am-astonishe...bracelets/

Quote:‘I am astonished’: NC pastor could face 3 years in jail for selling $24M in fake Cartier bracelets

Just a bunch of crooks.

Often just a bunch of crooks.

I have personally known pastors who really believed what they taught and lived a humble life of service. Anecdotally, based on my experience (entirely with small churches) probably about a third of them are like that, although they tend to burn out on it and turn it into a slog that they expect everyone else to share with them. The other two thirds probably find some way to at least carve out a relatively comfortable niche for themselves, but even most of those are not outright grifters. They are more cynical manipulators who make themselves into arbiters of morality, and also, as they age, they realize they have no marketable skills and so there's a lot of motivation to go through the motions and get their retirement package.

I remember one pastor who was always on about how people needed to pray and study their Bible daily, getting up an hour early if necessary. I thought that was so out of touch that I just outright reminded him that he's PAID to read and study his Bible. He doesn't have to get up an hour early because his salary allows him to do that all the live-long day. It's the height of arrogance to demand that of people who have children and full time jobs and daily commutes and taxes with zero recognition of how fundamentally different that is from the life of a pastor, who can do all those "spiritual" activities without breaking a sweat.

I don't think I was his favorite parishoner after that exasperated outburst from me ;-)
The following 1 user Likes mordant's post:
  • Minimalist

Damned Xtians
A mormon pervert - doubtless one of many.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/n...story.html

Quote:Mormon church leader removed from post for allegedly photographing woman in Nashville dressing room

Quote:A high-ranking member with the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints allegedly caught snapping photos of a woman inside a Tennessee dressing room has been removed from the administration of several Utah congregations.
Steven Murdock was charged with unlawful photography in connection with the incident, which occurred inside an H&M at the Nashville Mall on Tuesday. According to an arrest affidavit obtained by the Tennessean, 55-year-old Murdock presented himself as a store employee as he approached shopper Alondra Alcala and ushered her into a free changing room.
As she began to undress, Alcala noticed a cell phone aimed at her from above. She quickly put her clothes back on and went to the next dressing room to address the person taking the photos.

Damned Xtians
....always on the vigilant forefront, We thank you for your tireless work: searching out, exposing and ridding our religion of vermin!

Some people of the church man soup kitchens, some go to foreign lands to evangelize. And some visit the sick and unlawfully imprisoned.

But you my fine example of the Faith, dig into the muck and bowels of society to root out the lowest belly crawling perpetrators to our Faith!

My hat's off to you! And I'm sure that one day, someone somewhere will think up an award for you to wear on your chest!

Jesus would be proud of you! Amen
Quis ut Deus?

Damned Xtians
Fuck you, Ronny

I know how that jesusy soup kitchen shit works.

"Hey, moron, here's a spoonful of soup for you to swallow and while you're at it we'll shove some jesus up your ass."

You slimey shits are shameless when you are trying to sucker some poor bastard into falling for your nonsense.

Damned Xtians
(08-24-2019, 10:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck you, Ronny

"Hey, moron, here's a spoonful of soup for you to swallow and while you're at it we'll shove some jesus up your ass."

You slimey shits are shameless when you are trying to sucker some poor bastard into falling for your nonsense.

.... as they say, it takes one to know one. Someone needs to examine the smelly bowels of society. It might as well be you! Keep up the good work!  Fighting0029
Quis ut Deus?

Damned Xtians
No, It takes an observer to spot one.  And you are definitely ONE.

Damned Xtians
(08-24-2019, 10:41 PM)ronedee Wrote: ....always on the vigilant forefront, We thank you for your tireless work: searching out, exposing and ridding our religion of vermin!

Some people of the church man soup kitchens, some go to foreign lands to evangelize. And some visit the sick and unlawfully imprisoned.

But you my fine example of the Faith, dig into the muck and bowels of society to root out the lowest belly crawling perpetrators to our Faith!

My hat's off to you! And I'm sure that one day, someone somewhere will think up an award for you to wear on your chest!

Jesus would be proud of you! Amen

Quis ut deus? According to the Catholic school  I attended; the Arcangel Michael . "Quis ut Deus " was the school motto .

Ah memories, the sting of the  morning strap across the hands. Angry

Damned Xtians
(08-25-2019, 11:13 PM)grympy Wrote: Quis ut deus? According to the Catholic school  I attended; the Arcangel Michael . "Quis ut Deus " was the school motto .

And I, and many other Boy Scouts in my troop had a leader that kicked us in the pants pretty regularly. That's why I'm
an Ascoutus now! Angry
Quis ut Deus?

Damned Xtians
(08-26-2019, 03:10 AM)ronedee Wrote:
(08-25-2019, 11:13 PM)grympy Wrote: Quis ut deus? According to the Catholic school  I attended; the Arcangel Michael . "Quis ut Deus " was the school motto .

And I, and many other Boy Scouts in my troop had a leader that kicked us in the pants pretty regularly. That's why I'm
an Ascoutus now! Angry

So you think it builds character as well as welts?   Big Grin
"Talk nonsense, but talk your own nonsense, and I'll kiss you for it. To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's. 
F. D.
The following 1 user Likes Mark's post:
  • ronedee

Damned Xtians
(08-26-2019, 03:10 AM)ronedee Wrote:

an Ascoutus now! Angry

When I was 20,  I bought a poster with a  cartoon, and the caption  "Baden Powell liked little  boys" , to annoy my girlfriend's brother, who had been a Queen's scout  ( US equivalent is 'Eagle Scout' I think)  Would never had done so had I realised it was probably true.  Blush

Have always been mildly suspicious of grown men in shorts hanging around young boys

Scouting brings to mind the woggle . Perhaps best described  as resembling a hand woven turd.
The following 1 user Likes grympy's post:
  • ronedee

Damned Xtians
Yeah... religion is harmless!

https://nypost.com/2019/10/04/florida-wo...-her-cops/

Quote:Florida woman crashes car to ‘save’ kids from the devil after husband ‘hexed’ her: cops

Quote:A Florida woman, who accused her husband of placing a “hex” on her, was arrested Wednesday for attempted murder after police say she told her four young children to remove their seat belts before she intentionally crashed her car into a tree — allegedly in a twisted bid to save them from the “devil.”

Damned Xtians
Another Aussie locked up for child raping.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-50077792

Quote:Former Anglican dean jailed for raping boy in Australia

Pick 'em off, one by one.

Damned Xtians
At least this dirtbag jesus freak did the right thing.... after repeatedly doing the wrong thing because, I suppose, jesus told him it was okay.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/29/florida-pa...100-times/

Quote:Florida pastor kills himself after teen accuses him of raping her over 100 times

Damned Xtians
(10-29-2019, 04:11 PM)Minimalist Wrote: At least this dirtbag jesus freak did the right thing.... after repeatedly doing the wrong thing because, I suppose, jesus told him it was okay.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/29/florida-pa...100-times/

Quote:Florida pastor kills himself after teen accuses him of raping her over 100 times

The right thing? I would say he was just pissed that the gig was up and did not want to face the consequences. The "right thing" would have been to, in Christian lingo, "repent" (change his mind), apologized to the girl and her family, fully cooperate with police and face the consequences of his choices like a man. Instead, he died in a flush of self-pity, sad that the girl had "betrayed" his "love", and that no one "understands" his needs.

Like the clip of Trump sobbing at the "lock him up" chants yesterday, I can't will myself to have any compassion for something he brought on himself.

Damned Xtians
Fuck it.  Killing himself saves everyone the cost of a trial.  He's no loss to humanity.

Damned Xtians
(08-24-2019, 10:48 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Fuck you, Ronny

SOME, but not all ,by any means.

A simplistic generalisation unsupported by evidence. Like to see how you go about proving your claim Min.

My favourite unconditional giver was actually an atheist.His name was Fred Hollows , an Australian-New Zealander . I support and recommend his foundation.

"Frederick Cossom Hollows, AC (9 April 1929 – 10 February 1993) was a New Zealand-Australian ophthalmologist who became known for his work in restoring eyesight for thousands of people in Australia and many other countries. It has been estimated that more than one million people in the world can see today because of initiatives instigated by Hollows, the most notable example being The Fred Hollows Foundation. "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fred_Hollows

Damned Xtians
What has that got to do with a church running a soup kitchen so they can proselytize some poor bastard who is down on his luck?

Damned Xtians
(10-29-2019, 11:05 PM)Minimalist Wrote: What has that got to do with a church running a soup kitchen so they can proselytize some poor bastard who is down on his luck?

Sorry, I strayed a  smidge off topic. I'm having a bad day. It's hot and I'm cranky.

Damned Xtians
Got it.

Mr. Hollows sounds like a fine man. 

Unlike those preachy bastards!

Damned Xtians
(10-30-2019, 04:12 AM)Minimalist Wrote: Got it.

Mr. Hollows sounds like a fine man. 

Unlike those preachy bastards!

A very ordinary man to himself . A national treasure to us, 

A 6 minute Clip