Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Catholics

Damned Catholics
(10-07-2021, 04:45 AM)Astreja Wrote: The only reason I'm not wishing a magnitude 9.9 earthquake and an F5 tornado on Vatican City is that it would also damage Rome and harm people there.

WELL MAYBE it could be limited in scope. LOL! I'd go for that.
I am tying notes to balloons and tumble-weeds and sending them out to the world. Where they are found, I do not know...

Damned Catholics
"The work of the devil" is how Pope Francis described the child sexual abuse scandal engulfing
the Catholic Church that led to the "summit" held in Rome between the Pope and 200 of his
bishops in 2019. Much was expected of this extraordinary meeting—perhaps finally the world
would see strong decisive action to match church rhetoric. Responsibility, accountability and
transparency were promised by the Pope.

Instead there were more words, more expressions of sorrow and regret for past failings and
more promises that in future the needs of children would be put before the desires of the church.

Yet Francis could not resist the urge to say that "there is no explanation for abuses involving
children... and the church stands face to face with the mystery of evil". Nor could he resist the
temptation to share blame with "journalistic practices that exploit tragedy", with "ideological
disputes", and "the extremes of a hasty concept of justice provoked by guilt of past errors and
pressure from the media".

What the he didn’t say is that while the church believes the devil is involved, this tragedy is the
work and crime of men. Men whose sexual desires trump their sense of propriety and morality.
Men who knew about the paedophiles in their midst and protected them rather than the vulnerable
children in their care. Men who have for decades involved themselves in the systematic cover-up
of child sexual abuse by what the Pope called "deceitful consecrated persons".

As the supreme leader of the Catholic Church, as a man to whom every priest, bishop, archbishop
and cardinal owes obedience, the Pope should have said that zero tolerance means just that.
Every offence against a child, every attempt at cover-up means expulsion from the church and
automatic reporting to civil authorities.

Excerpted from The Sydney Morning Herald, 25 February, 2019.

[Image: image-20160413-16302-vdadz.jpg?ixlib=rb-...6&fit=clip]

I for one certainly wouldn't be letting this filthy old bastard and effective condoner
of kiddie-fiddler priests go any where near my young sons or daughters. I find this
image particularly disturbing.      Angry
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.
The following 3 users Like SYZ's post:
  • Cavebear, Minimalist, brunumb

Damned Catholics
(10-07-2021, 03:07 PM)SYZ Wrote: "The work of the devil" is how Pope Francis described the child sexual abuse scandal engulfing
the Catholic Church that led to the "summit" held in Rome between the Pope and 200 of his
bishops in 2019. Much was expected of this extraordinary meeting—perhaps finally the world
would see strong decisive action to match church rhetoric. Responsibility, accountability and
transparency were promised by the Pope.

Instead there were more words, more expressions of sorrow and regret for past failings and
more promises that in future the needs of children would be put before the desires of the church.

Yet Francis could not resist the urge to say that "there is no explanation for abuses involving
children... and the church stands face to face with the mystery of evil". Nor could he resist the
temptation to share blame with "journalistic practices that exploit tragedy", with "ideological
disputes", and "the extremes of a hasty concept of justice provoked by guilt of past errors and
pressure from the media".

What the he didn’t say is that while the church believes the devil is involved, this tragedy is the
work and crime of men. Men whose sexual desires trump their sense of propriety and morality.
Men who knew about the paedophiles in their midst and protected them rather than the vulnerable
children in their care. Men who have for decades involved themselves in the systematic cover-up
of child sexual abuse by what the Pope called "deceitful consecrated persons".

As the supreme leader of the Catholic Church, as a man to whom every priest, bishop, archbishop
and cardinal owes obedience, the Pope should have said that zero tolerance means just that.
Every offence against a child, every attempt at cover-up means expulsion from the church and
automatic reporting to civil authorities.

Excerpted from The Sydney Morning Herald, 25 February, 2019.

[Image: image-20160413-16302-vdadz.jpg?ixlib=rb-...6&fit=clip]

I for one certainly wouldn't be letting this filthy old bastard and effective condoner
of kiddie-fiddler priests go any where near my young sons or daughters. I find this
image particularly disturbing.      Angry

Apologetic words fail in the face of actions...
I am tying notes to balloons and tumble-weeds and sending them out to the world. Where they are found, I do not know...