Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ah...Xhristard Criminals...Caught Again!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/20...-regalado/

Quote:[color=var(--wpds-colors-gray20)]Pastor accused of $3M crypto scam says he may have ‘misheard God’[/color]

Quote:An online pastor was charged with civil fraud for selling a cryptocurrency that regulators described as “practically worthless.” His explanation: God told him to do it — although it’s possible he “misheard.”

Colorado’s securities commissioner filed a legal complaint against Eligio Regalado, who goes by Eli, and his wife, Kaitlyn Regalado, last week. The couple raised nearly $3.2 million by targeting Denver’s Christian community with the cryptocurrency, marketed as INDXcoin, the complaint said.

Investigators accused the couple of violating Colorado’s anti-fraud, licensing and registration laws. They alleged the cryptocurrency was promoted as a “low risk, high profit investment” while it was actually “illiquid and practically useless.” Cryptocurrency is usually able to be converted into cash or other currencies through a digital platform or trading exchange.

"The Lord said: I want you to build this,” Regalado said. “We took God at his word and sold a cryptocurrency with no clear exit.”
“We allege that Mr. Regalado took advantage of the trust and faith of his own Christian community and that he peddled outlandish promises of wealth to them when he sold them essentially worthless cryptocurrencies,” Colorado Securities Commissioner Tung Chan said in a statement.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • pattylt, Cavebear

One time I called Kenneth Copeland, and told them god wants we to have everything he owns. They did not believe me. So I asked if they are calling god a liar, they hung up on me.
The following 6 users Like no one's post:
  • pattylt, mordant, Minimalist, Full Circle, Cavebear, Chas

(01-23-2024, 05:51 PM)no one Wrote: One time I called Kenneth Copeland, and told them god wants we to have everything he owns. They did not believe me. So I asked if they are calling god a liar, they hung up on me.

Grifters seldom like other grifters trying to scam them back. LOL!
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

(01-23-2024, 05:47 PM)Minimalist Wrote: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/20...-regalado/
“We allege that Mr. Regalado took advantage of the trust and faith of his own Christian community and that he peddled outlandish promises of wealth to them when he sold them essentially worthless cryptocurrencies,” Colorado Securities Commissioner Tung Chan said in a statement.
I allege that Mr. Regalado took advantage of the trust and faith of his own Christian community when he told them they were going to live forever; then passed around a collection plate to pay for his "services". Funny how it is OK to scam people out of money with religion, but illegal to do it with other kinds of BS.
The following 3 users Like rocinantexyz's post:
  • pattylt, epronovost, Chas

No one ever said it better than Thomas Jefferson

Quote: in every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. he is always in alliance with the Despot abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. 

Jefferson, 1814
  • pattylt, Chas

(01-24-2024, 04:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote: No one ever said it better than Thomas Jefferson

Quote: in every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. he is always in alliance with the Despot abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. 

Jefferson, 1814

The priest couldn't possibly have been more hostile to liberty than the guy that owned slaves...
The following 1 user Likes Huggy Bear's post:
  • pattylt

The church did not get around to condemning slavery until 1888.  Somewhat late to the party.
  • pattylt, Gwaithmir