Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mobile format

mobile format
There are times when not at my laptop that I'd like to access the forum on my phone, but while I can log in and even read/post stuff, it's a pain in the ass because it doesn't sit well on a phone screen. Is there a mobile plug-on for this software that can address this?
On hiatus.

mobile format
I don't think mobile design is implemented at the moment.
At least from what I know of MyBB forums, it seems that way.
So on your mobile, it just keeps the desktop format as well as possible - meaning you get into zoom everything because all it does is scale down, but it does not (yet?), in a modern sense, rearrange elements in a way that it is all still easy to navigate and read.
2+2=4

mobile format
(06-28-2020, 11:19 PM)leerob Wrote: I don't think mobile design is implemented at the moment.
So on your mobile, it just keeps the desktop format as well as possible - meaning you get into zoom everything because all it does is scale down, but it does not (yet?), in a modern sense, rearrange elements in a way that it is all still easy to navigate and read.

No, it's certainly not easy to read. The typeset is far too small, requires too much scrolling, and presents other accessibility issues. Is there any way the PTB here could add a simple plug-in that would allow for easy reading even if it doesn't allow for videos or images so that when on phone I can at least keep up a conversation?

I know other PHPBB-suites have that. I hope it can be made available here.

Posted from my Windows10 laptop because my phone doesn't like this format.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • leerob

mobile format
My only Internet access is via mobile phone and I buy large data bundles every couple of weeks or so, my phone is a Huawei android and I've never had any problems accessing, navigating or interacting on the forum, every feature works perfectly and I can do anything anyone using a laptop or desktop can do. Sorry you're having difficulties Thump I don't know what it could be (your brand of phone or operating system maybe? IDK.) but everything is working OK for me here, of course that doesn't help you and I hope you find a solution soon.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast

mobile format
Even with my fingers, I haven't had much trouble accessing on mobile, but then my current screen is about six inches. Sorry for your difficulties, Thump, I know how frustrating shit like this can be.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

mobile format
(06-28-2020, 11:45 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(06-28-2020, 11:19 PM)leerob Wrote: I don't think mobile design is implemented at the moment.

No, it's certainly not easy to read. The typeset is far too small, requires too much scrolling, and presents other accessibility issues. Is there any way the PTB here could add a simple plug-in that would allow for easy reading even if it doesn't allow for videos or images so that when on phone I can at least keep up a conversation?

I know other PHPBB-suites have that. I hope it can be made available here.

Posted from my Windows10 laptop because my phone doesn't like this format.

Yea pretty sure there are ways. The support-forum is full of solutions. I used to dig around that quite a bit, many moons ago.
2+2=4
The following 1 user Likes leerob's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus