Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riddle me this...

Riddle me this...
(10-20-2020, 09:38 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:30 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: A good riddle will always include some misdirection. Why couldn't a photographer (her profession) enjoy a meal with he husband?

Pose or pass?

It was the "him" that threw me.  

Pose but give me a minute.  I haven't thought in riddles for decades.  

I am a barrel without content, I can float yet sink and yet you can pick me up with one hand.  What am I made of?

There are many answers...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Riddle me this...
(10-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:38 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:30 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: A good riddle will always include some misdirection. Why couldn't a photographer (her profession) enjoy a meal with he husband?

Pose or pass?

It was the "him" that threw me.  

I am a barrel without content, I can float yet sink and yet you can pick me up with one hand.  What am I made of?

OK, I can't be here all night.  And you'll hate me.   I did my best to make up a new riddle that could just be looked up.  The answer is almost any small cylindrical cup.  Go on without me.

OK, "What did Bilbo have in his pocket"? Winner goes next. Wink Get me OUT of this... LOL!

Riddle me this...
Derail while I go to the Phoenix for some coaching.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Riddle me this...
(10-20-2020, 10:03 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:53 PM)Cavebear Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 09:38 PM)Cavebear Wrote: It was the "him" that threw me.  

OK, I can't be here all night.  And you'll hate me.   I did my best to make up a new riddle that could just be looked up.  The answer is almost any small cylindrical cup.  Go on without me.

OK, "What did Bilbo have in his pocket"?  Winner goes next.  Wink  Get me OUT of this...    LOL!

Did you bother to read the OP?
Quote:First, a few rules.
1.    No googling. I know, unenforceable, so we'll use the honor system.
2.    First person to answer correctly gets to pose the next riddle, or pass. If passed, the previous person poses the next riddle
3.    Wait for the person posing the riddle to verify your answer is correct. Not all obvious answers are the correct answer.
4.    If a riddle goes unanswered, give the answer after 24 hours or so and pose a new one.
5.    If a riddle gets answered correctly, but that person neither passes or poses a new riddle, the default is a pass after a reasonable time (say, 4-6 hours)
6.    If there are no responses after more than 24 hours, anyone can pose the next riddle.

I think I was a little short-sighted with rules 5 and 6, seeing that we have people from both sides of the globe, so...
1.    No googling. I know, unenforceable, so we'll use the honor system.
2.    First person to answer correctly gets to pose the next riddle, or pass. If passed, the previous person poses the next riddle
3.    Wait for the person posing the riddle to verify your answer is correct. Not all obvious answers are the correct answer.
4.    If a riddle goes unanswered, give the answer after 24 hours or so and pose a new one.
5.    If a riddle gets answered correctly, but that person neither passes or poses a new riddle, the default is a pass after a reasonable time (say, 24 hours)
6.    If there are no answers offeres after more than 48 hours, anyone can pose the next riddle.

This is supposed to be fun, not a load of stress. You're under no obligation to pose a riddle if you don't wish to and if the thread stands idle anyone can pose the next, though honestly, with the lack of interest shown recently, it may be better to just let the thread die.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • SYZ

Riddle me this...
Okay... BTW, it's already Thursday 22 October here...

Q:    What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands?
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Riddle me this...
(12-02-2018, 12:51 PM)Cypher44 Wrote: I was carried into a dark room, and set on fire and I wept and then my head was cut off. What am I?

The answer is a candle, Cavebear was right

Riddle me this...
(10-22-2020, 07:41 PM)Cypher44 Wrote:
(12-02-2018, 12:51 PM)Cypher44 Wrote: I was carried into a dark room, and set on fire and I wept and then my head was cut off. What am I?

The answer is a candle, Cavebear was right

Indeed he did, after the riddle had already been successfully answered and other riddles posed. The current riddle has been posed by SYZ.
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • SYZ, TonyAnkle

Riddle me this...
(10-21-2020, 07:38 PM)SYZ Wrote: Okay... BTW, it's already Thursday 22 October here...

Q:    What jumps when it walks and sits when it stands?

A Frog?

Riddle me this...
I have keys and locks, but no doors.
I have space, but no rooms.
You can enter and you can escape, but you can’t go outside.
What am I?
The following 2 users Like TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Cavebear, Gwaithmir

Riddle me this...
(11-14-2021, 03:02 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I have keys and locks, but no doors.
What am I?

A canal?

Riddle me this...
A light aeroplane?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQt_LvaLR70rtIqmGQpEfU...Q&usqp=CAU]

Riddle me this...
(11-14-2021, 03:02 AM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote: I have keys and locks, but no doors.
What am I?

The keyboard on a personal computer.  Thinking
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Fireball

Riddle me this...
(11-14-2021, 02:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
What am I?

We have a winner!

Pose or pass?

Riddle me this...
(11-14-2021, 05:09 PM)TheGentlemanBastard Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 02:40 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:
What am I?

We have a winner!

Pose or pass?

When is a hog a sheep?
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Riddle me this...
I'm a country boy...

A young sheep is called a "hogget"... or hog.
The following 1 user Likes SYZ's post:
  • Gwaithmir

Riddle me this...
When a Harley Davidson conforms?

Riddle me this...
(11-15-2021, 02:15 PM)SYZ Wrote: I'm a country boy...

A young sheep is called a "hogget"... or hog.

The answer I had in mind is, "When it's spelled with a double 'g'." Your answer is close enough, however. "Hogg" is chiefly a British variant of "hog."