Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Vacuum sealing meat. I was going to make chicken fried rice tonight, but I took too long of a nap.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Having coffee and playing TimeSplitters 2 and Perfect Dark on my Steam Deck.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Morning coffee, playing Metroid Prime, Super Mario 64 and Animal Crossing this morning on Steam Deck.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Watching the Indy 500. Red flag with 14 laps left. Bad accident, but no one's mentioning the tire that went into the grandstand. Hoping no one injured too badly..
Is this sig thing on?

Baseball and strawberry hard cider.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Thinking about taking a nap.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Took out old power supply from my computer because apparently it's not working properly, and hoping the problem isn't the motherboard. Ordering a new power supply week.

Well, I was going to watch the Phillies and the Braves. That was before the Braves racked up 7 runs in the first.

Vivekananda

Having coffee after a nice nap.

I've been going back to the garage and staring at my carving tools. The wife wants to go camping, and I want to bring my carving tools along. I've revisited the tool chest several times to make sure that I have enough to work on. I'll also bring some books to read. Three days in a national forest may kill me.  Big Grin
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Futzing with network and VPN issues. I hooked up my TV via a USB network adapter and only get 5-10 Mbps through the setup. I'm pretty sure that's a limit of the cheap USB adapter, not the network. I've got a high speed network card that I'll be using for other purposes that I can use to test the hypothesis, but not tonight. It seems sufficient to watch baseball, but it is not ideal. I'll get to it another day. I've got a new pair of speakers and a used subwoofer that I need to set up and test before the end of the week. And I still have my desktop PC all pulled apart from when I had to uninstall and reinstall the main SSDs the other day.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Cavebear

(05-30-2023, 01:06 AM)Dānu Wrote: Futzing with network and VPN issues.  I hooked up my TV via a USB network adapter and only get 5-10 Mbps through the setup.  I'm pretty sure that's a limit of the cheap USB adapter, not the network.  I've got a high speed network card that I'll be using for other purposes that I can use to test the hypothesis, but not tonight.  It seems sufficient to watch baseball, but it is not ideal.  I'll get to it another day.  I've got a new pair of speakers and a used subwoofer that I need to set up and test before the end of the week.  And I still have my desktop PC all pulled apart from when I had to uninstall and reinstall the main SSDs the other day.

Better you than me. I have zero patience for things like that. I scream and tear my hair out when doing tech stuff. Ok, not scream, but curse like a sailor.

(05-30-2023, 01:06 AM)Dānu Wrote: Futzing with network and VPN issues.  I hooked up my TV via a USB network adapter and only get 5-10 Mbps through the setup.  I'm pretty sure that's a limit of the cheap USB adapter, not the network.  I've got a high speed network card that I'll be using for other purposes that I can use to test the hypothesis, but not tonight.  It seems sufficient to watch baseball, but it is not ideal.  I'll get to it another day.  I've got a new pair of speakers and a used subwoofer that I need to set up and test before the end of the week.  And I still have my desktop PC all pulled apart from when I had to uninstall and reinstall the main SSDs the other day.

I'm having trouble just using Feedly and Ionreader. The only time I mess with a hard drive is to smash it before I recycle an old computer. AOL mail is enough to manage for me I have 3 accounts so set them on 3 browsers (because otherwise they merged).
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Browsing the forums and taking meds.
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Beer and coffee. I don't know whether I'm coming or going. I got up early to donate today and I'm home before noon, even with a stop to buy curry paste.

Vivekananda

Figured out EmuDeck and my Steam Deck can now play all Nintendo games.  Dance
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Dānu

Watching the news.

Vivekananda

Waiting to check in for surgery. Coffee, I want some. NPO!
test signature

Planning the day ahead, budgeting, and ordering one of the new ONN TV devices for my bedroom TV. I'll run two WiFi networks, one with my VPN and the other without. I will watch baseball on the devices connected via VPN.

Vivekananda

Hooked up my VOIP device to WiFi. The dongle required runs about $30, but I watched and waited and got one for $13. That's one less device cluttering things up by the routers.

Vivekananda

Having a chelada and watching the end of the Rangers' game.

Vivekananda

Gallo hit a fly ball that hit the ceiling in Houston. That was funny.

Vivekananda

(05-25-2023, 02:50 AM)Dom Wrote:
(05-25-2023, 01:58 AM)Joods Wrote: Wishing I wasn't broke. Seriously. Life sucks right about now. My kid had to buy my plane ticket so that I can go see her graduate from DLI in two weeks. How embarrassing is this that I can't afford to fly myself out to see her graduate from there. I hate myself for that. I will find a way to pay her back though.

I bet she is happy to give back. I was always looking for ways to give back to my mom, my dad had passed away before I had half a chance. I was so happy when I could finally gift her a ticket to come visit me...and she could have afforded it. I think it made her feel good that I was doing well enough to do for her.

Fair enough. She's doing well but we all know service members don't make squat. As long as she's happy though. I can't wait to see her next week.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.

Enjoying the silence after the neighbors brought their annoying little shit dog in for the night, and sipping green tea.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Joods

(06-01-2023, 05:13 AM)GenesisNemesis Wrote: Enjoying the silence after the neighbors brought their annoying little shit dog in for the night, and sipping green tea.

Our neighbors have a p.o.s for a dog too. An aggressive little fucker who barks at anything that moves, regardless of what time it is, including the air. And they don't seem to give two shits either. They let him stay out all night. I'd call and complain about it but the city won't do anything about the noise even though there is a noise ordinance.
      Christianity: 
God meddles in the affairs of humans in a small part the Earth for 1500 years, giving one tribal society rules to live by.
He stops all direct contact for the next 2,000 years, leaving us with a metaphorical set of instructions.
The following 1 user Likes Joods's post:
  • GenesisNemesis