Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Stuffing my face.
Cheeseburger and fries.

Foootbul!
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(09-13-2021, 05:09 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:
(09-11-2021, 03:29 PM)Kim Wrote: Listening to the radio's continuous coverage of 9/11 remembrance day.  

Everyone seems to feel the need to remind people of a sense of "national unity" that ensued in the few hours surrounding those events.  Important people trying to remind citizens that, unity with fellow citizens gets things done - it is why we are the United States.  I guess they want the US to grow up.  

I think they are about 40 years late.

Unity to what? A flag? Seems pretty mindless, to me. Deadpan Coffee Drinker

I can only think many were referring to mainly New Yorkers, how total strangers would hug each other in the street, the flotillas that evacuated the island, & people from several states away who drove to NYC to help in the rescue/clean up, etc.,. A lot of that did happen - there was a sense of shared tragedy. I can only think we were momentarily united in grief.

Vacuum sealing a roast. I wanted to buy two more while they were on sale, but I checked on Saturday and the sale had already ended.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Listening to dub techno and eating Ben & Jerry's.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

waiting to hear from my brother's wife. He herniated a disc or something a few days ago and it just kept getting worse, so he left central Washington laying flat in the back of the Ford Escape to get better care in Seattle. He has been hanging out on a gurney in the hall for hours, now is off to MRI.
test signature

I just hit some random display button which tinted my screen kind of a subtle, smoggy yellow. Apparently it will revert later tonight (it's just past midnight right now, so I mean in about 15 hours).
Is this sig thing on?

Running on 2 hours of sleep wondering wtf I am even doing with my life. Panic
The following 1 user Likes JDog554's post:
  • skyking

(09-16-2021, 07:26 AM)c172 Wrote: I just hit some random display button which tinted my screen kind of a subtle, smoggy yellow. Apparently it will revert later tonight (it's just past midnight right now, so I mean in about 15 hours).

Settings > System > Display > Color (toggle off)

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • c172

Sooners and Cornhuskers. Baseball in two hours. I'm supposed to be moving stuff around in preparation for setting up a new bed-in-a-box, but I so lazy.

Vivekananda

Just set up a new milkweed plant for my two remaining Monarch larvae. I released an adult yesterday afternoon. It flew eastward over the valley until it was lost to view.  Sun
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Kim

My ILS worker is on vacation for two weeks and there's nobody to cover for her. I'm kind of happy about that. When she's not around it's easier to get away with being lazy and not doing things.

[Image: things-suck.png]

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Fireball

Waiting for my sushi place to open for evening grazing. nom nom nom Shy

Getting ready to unroll and inflate the bed-in-a-box that I bought to replace my aging futons.

Vivekananda

Inflated my bed. It's not a full 14 inches all-around, but it's fairly flat so that's close enough. I'll give it a day before I put the sheets on.

Vivekananda

Watching NASCAR Cup race. Hope it won't end as chaotically as the Xfinity race, but it likely will.
Is this sig thing on?

Pondering my menu. I picked up a roast and some country-style ribs last night, but the freezer is basically full until I eat something. I've eaten a lot of roast lately, but one or the other, I'll need to vacuum seal one so it will stay fresh longer. And between football and a meeting of Minnesota Atheists at the Southdale library, I'll be hard-pressed to do much cooking today. I bought the ribs to make Gochujang ribs, so I think I'll do that tomorrow or the next day. If I do them today, I would have to cook them faster, which isn't ideal.

Vivekananda

Ordering a new CPU for the motherboard from my last desktop. I was going to use a Lenovo with an intel i5 processor for Linux, but that's a small form factor PC and so would work better in the bedroom. I'll upgrade the older desktop from an i3 to a comparable i5 and use that for Linux. Hopefully, my new bed which I set up last night will work out and with the money I saved on it, I'll be able to buy the 4-5 hard disks I need to complete my file server upgrade and that of my desktop. That should run about $200 all told. And as long as I'm doing that, I might as well spend $100 on an uninterruptible power supply for the server. I'm an APC gal, but I've had my eye on an $80 Tripplite SOHO UPS.

Vivekananda

Holy crap, this recipe for Korean ribs calls for a tablespoon of Gochugaru Korean pepper flakes per pound of ribs. I think I'd scale that back a bit. I don't want to burn myself.

(And of course, after gathering all the other ingredients together, I almost couldn't find my Gochugaru.)

Vivekananda

Watching football.

Vivekananda

This is killing me. I didn't have time to eat before I left for Southdale and I still haven't. I'm watching football, but all I can think about is the smell of gochujang ribs slow cooking a few feet away.

Vivekananda

Looking at stuff about the body of Gabby Petito possibly being found.
Is this sig thing on?

Remembering that I ACCIDENTALLY saw the Dragon and the Inspiration4 crew – the world’s first civilian mission to orbit, launch 3 days ago in real time and ACCIDENTALLY saw it land safely in real time.

Damn I was lucky...
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Listening to dub techno before bed.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Waiting for some files to finish copying from my wife's PC to an SD card that we use on our TV. This time, after it copies, I'm going to switch it to read only before I plug it into the TV, because every time I plug it into the TV, it automatically creates folders and writes files on it, and does something that makes the PC think that the file system needs to be repaired.