Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What are you doing right now?

Enjoying an extra day off, went to HR to get today excused after getting my second dose on the 3rd.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.

Testing my new air fryer. It's smaller than I thought it would be, which is both good and bad. The good is that it doesn't take up as much counter space as I expected. The bad is that it can't cook as much food at once. That's okay, I guess. For $90, it will be a good unit to try and see if I like it and will use it. The one I really want is $400, so this will let me evaluate things before I shell out $400.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

Watching baseball and cooking lunch in my new air fryer.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

More vacuum sealing. There's a bit of a learning curve in knowing how to divide things up and how to most efficiently use the bag materials. I eat two pork chops at a time, but I separated them into individual bags this time. Since I only have 10" wide rolls, a lot of bag was wasted.

Vivekananda

Just finished cooking and eating supper. Prior to that I was reading, then practicing clarinet, then taking trim off an old closet, then audiobook-listening while knitting.

Prepping a steak for cooking.

Vivekananda

1.  Waiting for the rain to stop drizzling every few days so I can mow the grass.
2.  Waiting for the temperature to reach 50F at night so I can put the tomato and pepper seedlings out and plant the beans.
3.  Planning to redo my Will.
4.  Planning to schedule the new car for maintenance.  It only has 500 miles on it, but it's been almost a year (yeah, I don't drive much).  An experienced friend mentioned water can condense in the oil compartment in a year, so I'll check.
5.  Waiting for the daffodils to die back in the backyard.  There is a chunk of tree that fell down but I don't want the crew to drag tree trunks over them.  Plus, there is a beech in the front yard that is very completely dead and needs to be removed.  How a tree that was next to a drainage easement dies in a drought is beyond me, but "stuff happens.  I'm thinking "June".
6.  Enjoying the new 27" monitor on the stand-alone game Mac.  WOW, what great "seeing".
7.  Feeling relieved that my newest cat (Lapis Lazuli, aka Laz) is finally adjusting from a bad former home and suddenly getting along with the other 2 cats.
8.  Trying new recipes.  I was getting bored.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Ordering a second meat thermometer. The first one is the kind where the probe folds out. I had a wireless one with the probe on a wire, but I never knew why it was built that way. It seemed less useful than the fixed-to-body type. Now that I know, I don't know what I did with that other one. I probably threw it out. That's okay, the one I ordered beeps when my steak or whatever reaches the right temperature so that I can set it and forget it.

Vivekananda

Watching Sportiing KC and Austin FC of MLS. Also waiting for a sounding rocket launch in two minutes time.
https://video.ibm.com/channel/nasa-tv-wa...CwWmXMVsns
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • skyking

A nice, hot bath. Maybe a little 420 on the porch when I dry off in a few minutes.
On hiatus.

(05-10-2021, 01:30 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: A nice, hot bath. Maybe a little 420 on the porch when I dry off in a few minutes.

Yeah, a little greenbud to end the day is nice. Locally grown, all-organic, lo-fat, no MSG, and no baby seals were clubbed while growing this.

ETA: now watching a little George:

On hiatus.
The following 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • skyking, Dānu

just came in for a small bite after bedding and back filling part of a trench across the yard. I brought the machine home Thursday evening after finishing a job too late to take it to the yard. I unloaded it, dug the trench and reloaded it in about 45 minutes. I ran a 2" conduit and a 3/4" water line across to the front porch area. Now I can run the drip system for the hanging baskets, and also get a cord out to the RV without having to pick it up to mow.
test signature
The following 3 users Like skyking's post:
  • Fireball, Dom, Thumpalumpacus

The sounding rocket launch was scrubbed. Now watching some Jackson Galaxy YouTubes.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 1 user Likes c172's post:
  • skyking

Coffee and Coke for breakfast. I'm having trouble waking up this morning. I think my ILS worker and I will start meeting in person again starting Wednesday. I've got a microwave oven and a bed platform that needs to go to Goodwill. She can help me with that.

Vivekananda

Watching Family Feud and waiting for the ball game. I did my housework early, went to donate plasma early, and got home in time for the news. I get to watch baseball guilt-free tonight.

Vivekananda

Watching Face The Nation.

Vivekananda

Listening to music, having coffee, reading some /r/askscience AMAs and other threads.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.” -Carl Sagan.
The following 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post:
  • Bcat

Watching NCIS Los Angeles.

Vivekananda

Watching baseball.

Vivekananda

Charring a couple serrano and a few jalapeno peppers.
Is this sig thing on?
The following 2 users Like c172's post:
  • Bcat, skyking

(05-18-2021, 12:42 AM)c172 Wrote: Charring a couple serrano and  a few jalapeno peppers.

What do you plan on doing with them?
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

Either tonight or tomorrow, I'll make a batch of chilaquiles.
Is this sig thing on?
  • TheGentlemanBastard, skyking

Never had those. After looking them up, I'm asking my self "Why haven't I?"
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]

My father really likes them. They are a Mexican food, but I'm not sure Baja, which is where I am near. I'm not really into eggs, but inthings like this, and fried rice, I'm OK with them (I use whites here though).
Is this sig thing on?
  • skyking, TheGentlemanBastard

Failing to sleep.
"Aliens?  Us?  Is this one of your Earth jokes?"  -- Kro-Bar, The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra