Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random thoughts - Mk II

Random thoughts - Mk II
Spaghetti and meatballs, but with peanut sauce instead.
Is this sig thing on?

Random thoughts - Mk II
I keep making the same mistake of thinking that religious people argue in good faith.
The following 2 users Like Alan V's post:
  • Fireball, pattylt

Random thoughts - Mk II
(02-08-2024, 08:54 PM)Alan V Wrote: I keep making the same mistake of thinking that religious people argue in good faith.

I’m more appalled at those that think they are!  Dunno
The following 2 users Like pattylt's post:
  • Fireball, Alan V

Random thoughts - Mk II
Is it just me, or are more vehicles hitting more buildings than ever? Consider
“Religion is excellent stuff for keeping common people quiet. 
Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich.”
― Napoleon Bonaparte

Random thoughts - Mk II
Well, buildings are hard to see. Plus, they just n dart right out in front of you.

Random thoughts - Mk II
(02-09-2024, 07:34 PM)no one Wrote: Well, buildings are hard to see. Plus, they just n dart right out in front of you.

Some of the cars I've owned have the bruises from fences that jump out.  The fences never suffered injury themselves.  Go figure.

Random thoughts - Mk II
I just read the book A Brief History of Earth, which mentioned Richmond, Indiana as very important geologically for its fossils from the Ordovician period. This sparked my memory. Both of my parents grew up in Richmond, and our family visited my grandparents there when my sisters and I were kids. My grandmother's house had a low stonewall along the sidewalk, stones lining the gardens, and a stone bench in the back yard. I thought I remembered seeing little fossils in those stones. It turned out that many of the best fossils from the Ordovician could be found in the Whitewater Valley Gorge, that the gorge had been mined for its limestone for foundations and walls in the area, and that the gorge was just a couple blocks from my grandmother's house. So I was likely seeing fossils from over 400 million years ago at my grandmother's house.

Random thoughts - Mk II
All sex is casual sex if you're not wearing a bow tie.
The following 2 users Like OMM's post:
  • pattylt, Chas