Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and mixed vegetables.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

(05-06-2021, 11:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I made chicken burritos for dinner last night. I had a leftover today, with a couple of jalapeño poppers alongside.

Making both chicken and pork burritos today.
[Image: Bastard-Signature.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes TheGentlemanBastard's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

I found a recipe for bratwurst, red cabbage, and red potatoes in a magazine. Well I didn't have any of those, but I had hot italian sausage, yukon gold potatoes, and some bok choy stems (I use the leaves in egg rolls). It worked. Big Grin
Never try to catch a dropped kitchen knife!

Ribeye steak. I did some right, and some wrong. My oven doesn't regulate low cooking temperatures well. I was supposed to take the steak off when its internal temperature reached 130F, but the temperature went from 123F to 143F between checks, and so it was more medium than medium-rare. Still, I think I have the right approach. Bring the steak to room temperature over 30 minutes, sear the steak for a minute on both sides, and then cook at 200-250F for 20-40 minutes until it reaches 130F, then rest the meat for 5 minutes.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • adey67

(05-09-2021, 04:42 AM)Dānu Wrote: Ribeye steak.  I did some right, and some wrong.  My oven doesn't regulate low cooking temperatures well.  I was supposed to take the steak off when its internal temperature reached 130F, but the temperature went from 123F to 143F between checks, and so it was more medium than medium-rare.  Still, I think I have the right approach.  Bring the steak to room temperature over 30 minutes, sear the steak for a minute on both sides, and then cook at 200-250F for 20-40 minutes until it reaches 130F, then rest the meat for 5 minutes.

If you slice the steak at an angle, it reduces the "chewiness" of a medium-done steak. Plus, a simple mix of butter, lime juice, garlic, salt/pepper, and a splash of cream and sherry in the pan makes a good easy sauce.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • adey67

Boom boom shrimp with sweet chili sauce.

Vivekananda

Sam's Club Angus beef hamburgers with bacon and cheddar. The chunks of cheddar were a bit much, but this was a good buy. I'll have to see what other flavors they have.

Vivekananda

Adeys covid casserole. 

Bacon off cuts 300g
One tin of tomatoes
One aubergine skinned and diced
A large onion sliced
250g chorizo sliced
One large carrot diced
A red pepper diced
One tin of white beans
200mls water
One tablespoon dried mixed herbs 
One tablespoon of fresh lovage (or parsley) 
A generous dash of Worcestershire sauce. 
400g diced potatoes.
Pepper to taste.

Combine the ingredients into a casserole dish and bake for 2.5 hours at 175 degrees C
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

Scotch broth and toasted cheese, ham & pickled jalapeño pepper sandwiches.

Burgers and chips (no buns just the meat patties)

Lunch: A fricassee of pork, onion, broccoli, mushrooms and herbs.  Tongue 

Supper: Peanut butter and banana sandwich  (toasted).  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Veggie skewers, rice.
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • GenesisNemesis

Today: beef tortilonni in a tomato mushroom and garlic sauce

Tomorrow: Admirals pie & steamed green beans

Saturday: Mac & cheese. 

Sunday: Homemade Italian hunters chicken.

(05-13-2021, 03:58 PM)adey67 Wrote: Today: beef tortilonni in a tomato mushroom and garlic sauce

Do you cook every night, adey?

(05-13-2021, 06:58 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 03:58 PM)adey67 Wrote: Today: beef tortilonni in a tomato mushroom and garlic sauce

I do, also most of the cleaning washing gardening etc,mums dementia makes it difficult for her to do much unfortunately.
  • Bcat

(05-13-2021, 07:06 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 06:58 PM)Bcat Wrote:

I do, also most of the cleaning washing gardening etc,mums dementia makes it difficult for her to do much unfortunately.

You always seem like you both eat well Smile   You motivate me to cook more  Big Grin
The following 1 user Likes Bcat's post:
  • adey67

(05-13-2021, 07:08 PM)Bcat Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 07:06 PM)adey67 Wrote:
(05-13-2021, 06:58 PM)Bcat Wrote: Do you cook every night, adey?

You always seem like you both eat well Smile   You motivate me to cook more  Big Grin

Thanks Blush I enjoy cooking and trying new dishes plus good quality food and a balanced diet helps I think to slow the progression of dementia.
  • Bcat

Personal-size sausage & pepperoni pizza. My air fryer isn't big enough for a full-size pizza, but these personal-size pizzas work great.

Vivekananda

5-cheese pizza.

Vivekananda

Took a break from BistroMD and just went with what I needed to get rid of, so it was shrimp and basmati rice with cayenne pepper and chinese five spice (needed more five-spice).Dressed with green onions, grated Mexican-style cheese blend, and sesame oil. Not bad. Good heat, but needed more sweet.
Is this sig thing on?

Dirty rice. I add stuff to Zatarain's to spice it up. Minced jalapenos are a bit too hot, even in small amounts. I meant to buy minced medium green chiles, but I forgot. Next time.

Vivekananda

As is usual on Mondays, I'll be getting together for lunch with my brother and sister at Mom's house. It's my turn to pick up food, so I'll be getting Chinese takeout. Mom and I will probably have the leftovers for supper.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)
The following 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post:
  • Cavebear

(05-17-2021, 10:48 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote: As is usual on Mondays, I'll be getting together for lunch with my brother and sister at Mom's house. It's my turn to pick up food, so I'll be getting Chinese takeout. Mom and I will probably have the leftovers for supper.  Smile

Yeah, I should have arranged chinese delivery more often.  They do it better than I do. I just CAN'T get the sliced chicken breast amd mushrooms quite right. I'm good on the ginger/garlic/cornstarch sauce, but I always overcook the veggies and meat. I cook just beyond "crisp".

But I was lazy today.  I opened a can of baked beans and added as much sauteed onions and minced pork and some ketchup.  Some days, simple old stuff. Tomorrow, I go shopping again.  I miss fresh tomatoes and fruits.  Tax time got me all weireded-out.
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Gwaithmir

A salad.

Vivekananda

Johnsonville brats.

Vivekananda