Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Food!!! What are you eating today??!

A salad.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

We grabbed a couple of Burger King meals for a late lunch. Evening meal will be ham, cheese & mushroom omelet and oven chips.

Meatloaf today. Not sure of the sides yet, I'll have to check the fridge.
[Image: color%5D%5Bcolor=#333333%5D%5Bsize=small%5D%5Bfont=T...ans-Serif%5D]

Spicy hummus with pita bread.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda

There's leftover chilli con carne in the fridge which I think we need to eat tomorrow rather than freeze because, you know, it's a home made chilli and it tastes great (plus there are several bags of previously frozen chilli already in the freezer).

More bean soup. I bought a pork butt roast to make pulled pork. Not sure I'm up to it tonight.

Vivekananda

BBQ pulled pork sandwiches.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with fried potato, kielbasa and cheese.  Tongue

Supper: Chicken sandwich with mayo and lettuce.  Smile

Evening snack: Cheez-It Crackers and cashew nuts.  Nod
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Some tasty vegan shit.

Breakfast - Buttered toast and coffee. 
Lunch - Cheese and tomato sandwiches and orange juice.
Evening - Will be chilli con carne and nachos.

Eggo waffles with butter and Mrs. Butterworths, fairly well done hash browns with ketchup, and veggie sausage patties.
Is this sig thing on?

Macaroni salad. I bought a tub of macaroni salad and two tubs of potato salad at Walmart. So far I've managed to bounce the tub of macaroni salad off the floor twice. Once on the way to the register, and just now opening the fridge.

Vivekananda

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with fried potato, kielbasa and cheese.  Tongue

Supper: Chicken salad sandwich.  Smile
“I expect to pass this way but once; any good therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” (Etienne De Grellet)

Liver with smoked bacon baked beans and fresh baked crusty bread.
The whole point of having cake is to eat it Cake_Feast
The following 1 user Likes adey67's post:
  • Dom

Steakhouse baked beans and a pulled pork sandwich.

I've discovered a side benefit of my vacuum sealer. I can bag up half a meal and so I can add bagged half meals to a side of rice or veggies to make more complex meals without adding any cooking.

Vivekananda
  • Dom

Jambalaya with kielbasa and minced jalapenos.

Vivekananda

Meatballs, yes I still eat meat, and rice, because gotta stay away from the pasta.

Breakfast - Buttered toast and coffee. 

Lunch - Supermarket brand roasted red pepper and tomato soup with home grown/dried/ground Apache chilli powder and a thick chunk of buttered bread. Fiery! 

Evening meal - It's Cajun spiced chicken day again. Yippee!

Rosemary chicken, potato slices, sliced beets, and warm diced peaches.

I learned to like canteloupe, and I learned to like tomatoes, but I don't think I'll ever learn to like beets.

Vivekananda
  • Cavebear

(02-27-2021, 02:39 AM)Dānu Wrote: Rosemary chicken, potato slices, sliced beets, and warm diced peaches.

I learned to like canteloupe, and I learned to like tomatoes, but I don't think I'll ever learn to like beets.

Peel them, bake them for an hour. Butter fixes everything.
Never argue with people who type fast and have too much time on their hands...

Oh Wow, sliced a pork butt into 2" slabs and COVERED them in dry rub (brown sugar, salt, cinnimon, garlic, onion, etc) overnight.  Put them on the smoker grill for 3 hours today and finished them in the oven at 225F for 3 more.  I couldn't stop slicing off pieces all night.  And that was BEFORE the chicken thighs (treated the same) came off the smoker.  I was an absolute CARNIVORE.  

I LOVE my veggies, but last night was not the night for veggies!
The following 1 user Likes Cavebear's post:
  • Dānu

Hot Buffalo chicken wings and macaroni salad.

Vivekananda

(02-27-2021, 05:01 AM)Dānu Wrote: Hot Buffalo chicken wings and macaroni salad.

What IS it about chicken wings? There'e no meat there. We used to use them as crab bait...

Lunch: Toasted English Muffins with peanut butter, honey and coffee.  Tongue

Supper: BBQ chicken wings and potato salad.  Smile

Bacon sandwiches.
The following 1 user Likes Finite Monkeys's post:
  • Gwaithmir