Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ranting Corner 2.0

The Ranting Corner 2.0
One day last week I went to the grocery store when it was 90+ degrees outside.  They had the heat on.  Because......Corporate.  Corporate is nowhere near here.  But they decide which day of the year the heat starts and the AC starts.

Who cares how much harder the freezer units have to work on a day like that?

Who cares how the employees and customers are sweating inside the store?

Who cares what a waste of the earth's resources that kind of policy is?

Not Corporate.
Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?

The Ranting Corner 2.0
ATM machine.  C'mon people, it's IN THE NAME----Automated Teller MACHINE.

Hot water heater.  One, wouldn't it at least be more accurate to call it a COLD water heater?  But let's just call it what it is----a water heater.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I go that extra mile, er, 1.609 kilometres to do a nice clean-up in the kitchen after baking a cake.  What do I have to show for it?  Soaking-wet sleeves on my sweater.

(grumbles a bit more, then wanders off in search of another shirt)

The Ranting Corner 2.0
And now you have a cake and a clean kitchen. I'd settle for either of those.  :gimme_five:
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Too. Fucking. Early.  ???

The Ranting Corner 2.0
The world seems to be full of stupid people.
                                                         T4618

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-07-2018, 06:45 PM)Dancefortwo link Wrote:The world seems to be full of stupid people.

“Seems,” madam? Nay, it is. I know not “seems.”

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-07-2018, 07:13 PM)unfogged Wrote:
Dancefortwo Wrote:The world seems to be full of stupid people.

“Seems,” madam? Nay, it is. I know not “seems.”
And thus could be said that it was unseemly.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I work with a woman who can't staple two pieces of paper together. Well, she can, but she sure as shit can't line up the two pieces neatly.

Speaking of stapler difficulties, a different woman I work with once stapled papers together for nearly three hours before she realized the stapler was empty. Not that she realized it had been three hours and went back and fixed things. No, you could see the indentations the stapler made at the corners of dozens of pieces of paper.
Facepalm
Step on the gas and wipe that tear away...

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I’m supposed to be able tI be on my unit within 30 minutes of being called in. I love 45 minutes away. I used to stay with my now ex boyfriend. Soooo i rented an Airbnb room. The place was infested with mosquitos. Hopefully I don’t get called back in, because I’m now in my own bed. I’m so ducking tired and emotionally drained.
"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I forgot to take out the gawdam trash/plastics, I'll sleep past the time when the shit truckers roll by, and it's fuckin raining!  :explode:

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-09-2018, 03:34 AM)TheGulegon link Wrote:I forgot to take out the gawdam trash/plastics, I'll sleep past the time when the shit truckers roll by, and it's fuckin raining!  :explode:
Around here we've learned to put the bins out the night before. The companies can collect as early as 6 AM, and they're never consistent about when they come by any location.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Well, well, well...it turns out that on my birthday last week, my credit card was having dinner in Paris.  Then it traveled to North Carolina and West Virginia and bought some stuff there.   

Meanwhile my Facebook account is sending out its own friend requests. 

I'm kind of envious.  I'd love to have spent the past week traveling and making a bunch of friends. 
god, ugh

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Julep:
Did you have physical custody of your card that whole time or did it really sprout feet and wings?

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-09-2018, 09:48 PM)outtathereligioncloset link Wrote:Julep:
Did you have physical custody of your card that whole time or did it really sprout feet and wings?
'Twas in me wallet the whole time...I imagine some hackers grabbed my information online somewhere.  Sad

god, ugh

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-09-2018, 10:07 PM)Julep Wrote:
outtathereligioncloset Wrote:Julep:
'Twas in me wallet the whole time...I imagine some hackers grabbed my information online somewhere.  Sad
That's why I have all my cards set up so that I get an alert every single time they are used. Good luck getting it straightened out.
Married to Gawdzilla Sama...and living in Missouri. What the hell have I gotten myself into?

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." ♥ Robert A. Heinlein

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-10-2018, 01:24 AM)Boss Lady Wrote:
Julep Wrote:
outtathereligioncloset Wrote:Julep:
That's why I have all my cards set up so that I get an alert every single time they are used. Good luck getting it straightened out.
I think I’m going to be able to dodge the fraudulent charges.  What’s a little embarrassing is that the bank did send a notification on the day of—to the landline we got rid of years ago.  I guess we never updated the number.  I thought I had, but nope.  At least now the bank has my cellphone and my email.
god, ugh

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Before this I lived in a small town just outside St. Louis County. One day the postal worker knocked on my door. She had a package addressed to me, but with an address a few blocks away. It was fru-fru make-up and crap like that. Evidently somebody had my card number. I went over to that address and advised them that I would burn their house down that night, at 2 am. When I went by the house the next day it was empty.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I hate myself like this, this is not me, make it stop  Sadcryface
“We drift down time, clutching at straws. But what good's a brick to a drowning man?” 

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-10-2018, 03:22 PM)Vera link Wrote: I hate myself like this, this is not me, make it stop  Sadcryface
[Image: hE6EE2438]

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-09-2018, 04:13 PM)Julep link Wrote: ...Meanwhile my Facebook account is sending out its own friend requests. 

Mine does that too.

I get messages saying so-and-so accepted my request when I never sent one. I also get friend requests from people who never sent one to me.
I've recently grown rudimentary legs and I am now making the move from water to land.
[Image: 7GV4EnI.png?1]

The Ranting Corner 2.0
"Ve haf vays of making you friends." 

[Image: med_1482254581_image.jpg]

The Ranting Corner 2.0
I had a dream the other night that Momsurroundedbyboys was the secretary at my office.

It was presumed that she’d been there for a long time, but if felt like we were meeting for the first time in a month. She stopped me in the parking lot, lit a cigarette, and talked with me for a little bit about what she had been up to since she left TTA before I woke up.

It was really strange, looking back on it; I have no idea what she looks like in real life, but I just sort of accepted that this woman was the person she said she was.
You know, living in hell is a lot more boring than I thought it would be.

The Ranting Corner 2.0
(10-10-2018, 05:57 PM)Kaneda link Wrote: I had a dream the other night that Momsurroundedbyboys was the secretary at my office.

It was presumed that she’d been there for a long time, but if felt like we were meeting for the first time in a month. She stopped me in the parking lot, lit a cigarette, and talked with me for a little bit about what she had been up to since she left TTA before I woke up.

It was really strange, looking back on it; I have no idea what she looks like in real life, but I just sort of accepted that this woman was the person she said she was.

I’m having forum dreams too. I dreamt that Takiyya Mockingbird found us again.
[Image: 320-C6-ED7-97-CD-4-AB2-A60-A-759-A45-FB7-FE8.jpg]
"The Thinking Atheist forum" “The Thinking Atheist forum closed down" “TTA Forum”

The Ranting Corner 2.0
Oh holy shit!  The back up beeping from the giant dumpster removal truck, is making the autism rise from the marrow to the surface of my skin.  Panic