Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Damned Xtians

Damned Xtians
I have no doubt that the moral outrages of these fucking holier-than-thou shits will, as with the catholicks, keep these threads active.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/09/us/do...tutes.html

Quote:Pastor Who Praised Pulse Nightclub Gunman Resigns After Allegedly Paying for Sex

"A Baptist minister in Texas who came to national attention in 2016 when he praised the gunman who killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla., resigned from his ministry last week after allegedly using drugs, gambling and paying for sex with prostitutes.

Donnie Romero, who founded the Stedfast Baptist Church in Fort Worth in 2014, told congregants at a church meeting on Jan. 2 that he had not “been ruling my house well.”

As the saying goes, the only thing wrong with baptists is that they don't hold them under long enough!

Shameless phonies.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 7 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Fireball, skyking, Phaedrus, mordant, Ima Believer, grympy, Antonio

Damned Xtians
Not much of a human being if your only claim to fame is that you praised the Pulse nightclub shooter. What a shit stain.
The following 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post:
  • Minimalist

Damned Xtians
It's always nice now that these sorts of toxic Christian's antics can be read on the internet for amusement of all. a steady parade of fools, clowns and hypocrites to entertain us with their crude stunts. Just a reminder that Christians shouldn't follow just any preacher. Those that shriek loudly about gays and this nation's lack of Christian morality so often turn out to be low grade idiots.
I am a sovereign citizen of the Multiverse, and I vote!

The following 2 users Like Cheerful Charlie's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir

Damned Xtians
Why is it that these reprehensible, small "churches" can originate, and appear to survive, all across the US?
How is it that so many Americans support their bigotry and hatred?  Are there no State or Federal laws
prohibiting hate speech—as in Australia?

The hate speech laws in Australia give redress to someone who is the victim of discrimination, vilification, or injury.

Our discrimination Acts make it unlawful for a person to carry out an action, otherwise than in private, if the action
is reasonably likely, in all the circumstances, to offend, insult, humiliate or intimidate another person or a group of
people; and the act is done because of the race, religion, or ethnic origin of the other person, or of some or all of
the people in that group. Breaches can result in massive fines for the perpetrators.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Damned Xtians
(01-10-2019, 03:09 AM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: Not much of a human being if your only claim to fame is that you praised the Pulse nightclub shooter.  What a shit stain.
"You have to know your audience."
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Damned Xtians
(01-10-2019, 11:51 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Are there no State or Federal laws
prohibiting hate speech—as in Australia?

The United States has a constitution that guarantees freedom of speech.  The problem with hate speech laws is that some people and organizations consider any speech they disagree with as hate speech and sometimes this can prevent others from simply stating what they believe is true.
I do not suffer from insanity.  I enjoy every minute of it.
The following 3 users Like theophilus's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, SYZ, adey67

Damned Xtians
This will be rare as we have met before elsewhere but I do agree with Theo here.  Hate speech is a slippery slope.  Luckily this self-proclaimed moral paragon was doing drugs and hookers while prancing about being "holy" and when he got caught figured the the gig was up and cut and ran.

Religion has been a lucrative con almost since it began and con artists are drawn to it.  But the current supreme court standing on hate speech is good enough.  Basically it must present a clear and present danger.  So inciting a mob to violence is illegal but congratulating some other mob for violence is not.  The latter should be dealt with by boycotts and counterprotests.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • jerry mcmasters, theophilus

Damned Xtians
"Never trust anyone who peddles morality.  They are anything but moral - believe me, I've danced for them." - Jenna Jameson

Yet more roadkill on the piety highway and proof that religious people are nothing like their exterior portrays.  Joining Jim and Tammy Faye Bakker, Oral Roberts, Ted Haggard, and no doubt more in the future.
Her glory is like his glory
It's strong and true and good
You know she is a source of joy.
Her seed gives life and food.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/IfduP2-tOZg/maxresdefault.jpg
The following 3 users Like Sunflower's post:
  • Minimalist, Gwaithmir, mordant

Damned Xtians
There's a Reddit sub-forum which devotes itself to  pastors who have been arrested and it's called....what else.... PastorsArrested.

Here are some of the thread titles:

"Pastor sentenced to 30 yr jail, others double lifer for raping, forcing minors into prostitution."

"Former pastor and owner of Dojo Pizza found guilty on 8 counts of sex crimes against children"

"Local pastor found guilty on 11 counts of having sex with underage girls"

It's pretty disgusting stuff. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PastorArrested/
                                                         T4618

Damned Xtians
All religion is disgusting stuff!
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Phaedrus

Damned Xtians
(01-10-2019, 05:18 PM)Minimalist Wrote: All religion is disgusting stuff!

If I'm going to read a book with talking animals I'll read Aesop's Fables.
                                                         T4618
The following 4 users Like Dancefortwo's post:
  • Szuchow, Fireball, SYZ, abaris

Damned Xtians
Certainly better moral guidance in that.
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Dancefortwo, Phaedrus, abaris

Damned Xtians
(01-10-2019, 03:06 AM)Minimalist Wrote: I have no doubt that the moral outrages of these fucking holier-than-thou shits will, as with the catholicks, keep these threads active.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/09/us/do...tutes.html

Quote:Pastor Who Praised Pulse Nightclub Gunman Resigns After Allegedly Paying for Sex

"A Baptist minister in Texas who came to national attention in 2016 when he praised the gunman who killed 49 people at a gay nightclub in Orlando, Fla., resigned from his ministry last week after allegedly using drugs, gambling and paying for sex with prostitutes.

Donnie Romero, who founded the Stedfast Baptist Church in Fort Worth in 2014, told congregants at a church meeting on Jan. 2 that he had not “been ruling my house well.”

As the saying goes, the only thing wrong with baptists is that they don't hold them under long enough!

Shameless phonies.

Probably, they forced him to resign.

After all, as a Pastor, he shouldn't have had to pay for sex.
" I have nothing to say and I am saying it and that is poetry. "
                                                                                 -- John Cage
The following 2 users Like Dr H's post:
  • Minimalist, Fireball

Damned Xtians
(01-10-2019, 04:46 PM)Minimalist Wrote: So inciting a mob to violence is illegal but congratulating some other mob for violence is not...

Interestingly, in Australia, inciting someone to commit an act of violence is not necessarily illegal per se.

But the commission of the act is.
I'm a creationist;   I believe that man created God.

Damned Xtians
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/brandenburg_test

Quote:Brandenburg test
Overview
The Brandenburg test was established in  Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 US 444 (1969), to determine when inflammatory speech intending to advocate illegal action can be restricted. In the case, a KKK leader gave a speech at a rally to his fellow Klansmen, and after listing a number of derogatory racial slurs, he then said that  "it's possible that there might have to be some revengeance [sic] taken." The test determined that the government may prohibit speech advocating the use of force or crime if the speech satisfies both elements of the two-part test:  
  1. The speech is “directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action,” AND
  2. The speech is “likely to incite or produce such action.”
  • abaris, Phaedrus

Damned Xtians
A case of swift justice?

https://www.greeleytribune.com/news/gilc...collision/

Quote:Gilcrest pastor accused of unlawful sexual conduct identified as man killed by train in Platteville

Wakefield, a pastor at Gilcrest Baptist Church, was arrested Jan. 3 following a Windsor Police Department investigation.

Quote:Police were called to a Windsor assisted living facility after a nurse walked in on Wakefield kneeling in front of a female patient with his hands up her shirt and his head on her chest, according to the affidavit for his arrest. A nurse told police the woman has cognitive communication deficit and problems with her memory

A pervert baptist scumbag feeling up the old ladies.  So probably not "justice" after all.  More likely suicide.
  • Phaedrus, Fireball

Damned Xtians
This is funny.... holier-than-thou scumbags.

https://religionnews.com/2019/03/21/chri...zi-scheme/

Quote:Christian financial planner praised by Robert Jeffress facing Ponzi scheme charges

Jeffress is one of those Trump-loving motherfuckers who uses god as a prop!

Quote:In a review published on the Amazon page of “Jesus Christ, Money Master,” Jeffress called the book “required reading for anyone who is looking for a highly practical and thoroughly biblical guide to financial success.”

“Dr. Gallagher reminds us that when we follow God’s instructions for money management, we can experience His blessings now!” Jeffress wrote. “I highly recommend this book!”

But best of all:

Quote:W. Neil “Doc” Gallagher liked to tell radio listeners his investment advice was guided by Scripture.

Where in "scripture" does it say "Fuck you, sucker?"  Perhaps one of our resident jesus freaks can point me to it?

Damned Xtians
(03-21-2019, 11:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Where in "scripture" does it say "Fuck you, sucker?" 

Job?
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 4 users Like Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Fireball, Dancefortwo, brunumb, evenheathen

Damned Xtians
Yet another case where Darwin trumps God.
[Image: M-Spr20-Weapons-FEATURED-1-1200x350-c-default.jpg]

Damned Xtians
(03-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:
(03-21-2019, 11:21 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Where in "scripture" does it say "Fuck you, sucker?" 

Job?

Stolen from Sumeria.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ludlul_b%C...%C4%93meqi

Quote:Ludlul bēl nēmeqi ("I Will Praise the Lord of Wisdom"), also sometimes known in English as The Poem of the Righteous Sufferer, is a Mesopotamian poem (ANET, pp. 434–437) written in Akkadian that concerns itself with the problem of the unjust suffering of an afflicted man, named Shubshi-meshre-Shakkan. The author is tormented, but he doesn't know why. He has been faithful in all of his duties to the gods. He speculates that perhaps what is good to man is evil to the gods and vice versa. He is ultimately delivered from his sufferings
The following 3 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Old Man Marsh, Fireball, brunumb

Damned Xtians
(03-23-2019, 02:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:

Job?

Stolen from Sumeria.

Quote:Ludlul bēl nēmeqi ("I Will Praise the Lord of Wisdom"), also sometimes known in English as The Poem of the Righteous Sufferer, is a Mesopotamian poem (ANET, pp. 434–437) written in Akkadian that concerns itself with the problem of the unjust suffering of an afflicted man, named Shubshi-meshre-Shakkan. The author is tormented, but he doesn't know why. He has been faithful in all of his duties to the gods. He speculates that perhaps what is good to man is evil to the gods and vice versa. He is ultimately delivered from his sufferings

Oh, everything is stolen from Sumerians. Even accounting and inventory.
Don't mistake me for those nice folks from Give-A-Shit county.
The following 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post:
  • Fireball

Damned Xtians
(03-23-2019, 05:55 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 02:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 11:35 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote: Job?

Stolen from Sumeria.

In fact, they stood there puzzled while the JudeoChristian god created the universe.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Damned Xtians
Yup.

https://www.theonion.com/sumerians-look-...1819571221

Quote:Sumerians Look On In Confusion As God Creates World

Quote:"I do not understand," reads an ancient line of pictographs depicting the sun, the moon, water, and a Sumerian who appears to be scratching his head. "A booming voice is saying, 'Let there be light,' but there is already light. It is saying, 'Let the earth bring forth grass,' but I am already standing on grass."
  • Fireball, Dānu

Damned Xtians
(03-23-2019, 06:56 PM)Fireball Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 05:55 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:
(03-23-2019, 02:36 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Stolen from Sumeria.

In fact, they stood there puzzled while the JudeoChristian god created the universe.

Yabut bible thumpers claim the bible is older than the Sumerians.  Drives me nuts when they do that. Aggravated
                                                         T4618
The following 1 user Likes Dancefortwo's post:
  • Fireball

Damned Xtians
Every claim they make is roughly that stupid..... including that their godboy came back from the fucking dead.