Welcome to Atheist Discussion, a new community created by former members of The Thinking Atheist forum.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslims going ape shit in Sweden

(06-07-2022, 03:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Muslims having another hissy-fit because someone said something.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-61716241

[Image: _125307826_gettyimages-1241151184-594x594.jpg]

Quote:India is in the midst of a diplomatic nightmare over controversial comments made by a senior official from the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) about the Prophet Muhammad.

Nupur Sharma's remarks, made in a TV debate about 10 days ago, have incensed Indian Muslims and outraged more than a dozen Islamic nations.

I wonder what she said?

It's two groups of religious far rightists up in arms against each other.  The only way reasonable people win is if they exterminate each other.
Factio Republicanus delenda est!
The following 2 users Like Brian Shanahan's post:
  • Dom, Fireball

(06-07-2022, 04:59 PM)airportkid Wrote:
(06-07-2022, 04:20 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: I wondered that as well when the story broke, but looking around, I couldn't find any media outlet that actually quoted the "offending" statements.

I searched just like everyone else, but repeating whatever the statements were is only gasoline on a fire and we really DON'T need to know what they were - the thing to know is that the Muslim community is absolutely irrational in this regard and has demonstrated that many times in the past.

To repeat what was said would be to do what Percie did with respect to Min - Percie posted Min's "racist" words more times than Min did, carrying on about it, in so doing committing the same offense but at a greater order of magnitude.  Min perhaps should not have said those words, but repeating them verbatim ad nauseum was MUCH worse.

So, too, whatever the hyper-sensitive Muslims are reacting to need not be repeated - it's enough to know that a group of witless fanatics got offended enough to call for murder, which, in a sane world, would get THEM arrested for being threatening, but sanity has always been the rarest of rare elements on this planet.

You don't understand, man. The suspense is killing me.
On hiatus.

I doubt I'd shed a tear if the Muslims and Hindu Nationalists happened to annihilate each other. It's only the unfortunate people in the middle who are worth giving a shit over.
Mountain-high though the difficulties appear, terrible and gloomy though all things seem, they are but Mâyâ.
Fear not — it is banished. Crush it, and it vanishes. Stamp upon it, and it dies.

Vivekananda
The following 1 user Likes Dānu's post:
  • Phaedrus

Considering the BJP long and sinister tradition of massacring Mulsims out of bigotry any statement of hatred and contempt of Islam on their part is indeed a big deal and yes it needs a strong pushback if we don't it might result in thousands dying again.
The following 1 user Likes epronovost's post:
  • Aegon

(06-08-2022, 02:51 PM)epronovost Wrote: Considering the BJP long and sinister tradition of massacring Mulsims out of bigotry any statement of hatred and contempt of Islam on their part is indeed a big deal and yes it needs a strong pushback if we don't it might result in thousands dying again.

You're absolutely correct that there is a long and bloody history of Hindus persecuting Muslims in India. Now if only Muslims would take this experience as a persecuted minority into account inside their own countries.
On hiatus.
The following 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • Minimalist, jerry mcmasters, adey67

Never does seem to work that way.
Robert G. Ingersoll : “No man with a sense of humor ever founded a religion.”
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus, epronovost

(06-08-2022, 04:01 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Never does seem to work that way.

Right -- if only worms had machine guns, birds wouldn't fuck with 'em.
On hiatus.

(06-08-2022, 04:00 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 02:51 PM)epronovost Wrote: Considering the BJP long and sinister tradition of massacring Mulsims out of bigotry any statement of hatred and contempt of Islam on their part is indeed a big deal and yes it needs a strong pushback if we don't it might result in thousands dying again.

You're absolutely correct that there is a long and bloody history of Hindus persecuting Muslims in India. Now if only Muslims would take this experience as a persecuted minority into account inside their own countries.

They do.  The moral of the story is that being a persecuted minority sucks and they have to use every tool at their disposal to keep every other religion (plus all secular views) suppressed and out of power, or they might suffer the same fate themselves.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 1 user Likes Reltzik's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

(06-07-2022, 03:35 PM)Minimalist Wrote: Muslims having another hissy-fit because someone said something.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-61716241

[Image: _125307826_gettyimages-1241151184-594x594.jpg]

Quote:India is in the midst of a diplomatic nightmare over controversial comments made by a senior official from the governing Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) about the Prophet Muhammad.

Nupur Sharma's remarks, made in a TV debate about 10 days ago, have incensed Indian Muslims and outraged more than a dozen Islamic nations.

I wonder what she said?

Muslims are actually being discriminated against in large numbers in India. This story is mild, they face serious abuses in India under Modi and it's only beginning.

Edit: I see someone else pointed that out
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

The following 1 user Likes Aegon's post:
  • Thumpalumpacus

I can see protesting against discrimination.  I can't see protesting because someone said something nasty about an ahistorical, pedo-raping, rug merchant.
The following 2 users Like Minimalist's post:
  • Thingymebob, Thumpalumpacus

(06-08-2022, 07:45 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I can see protesting against discrimination.  I can't see protesting because someone said something nasty about an ahistorical, pedo-raping, rug merchant.

It's very easy to discriminate loath and dehumanize another human being when you state the following:

"These people venerate and admire a pedo-raping rug merchant warlord-bandit". 

There is only a tiny, minuscule, almost irrelevant distinction between "these people love and adore a monster" and "these people are monsters". When you live in a country where such rhetoric is common and sectarian violence a regular occurrence there is no difference between the two. It's dogwhistles on steroids.

I agree.  As he is a creation of their own imagination one might assume that he reflects all the traits they admire. 

Look at xhristards?  They invented a godwho said "love your enemy" and give everything you have to the poor.  The exact opposite of what jesus freaks do IRL!

The muslims are simply more honest.  But it still isn't worth rioting about.

(06-08-2022, 07:45 PM)Minimalist Wrote: I can see protesting against discrimination.  I can't see protesting because someone said something nasty about an ahistorical, pedo-raping, rug merchant.

If he was actually a prophet of an all-powerful god, I'd imagine said god could handle business without protests, riots, or murders done by humans. Insallah cuts both ways, I'd think.
On hiatus.

(06-08-2022, 07:06 PM)Reltzik Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 04:00 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: You're absolutely correct that there is a long and bloody history of Hindus persecuting Muslims in India. Now if only Muslims would take this experience as a persecuted minority into account inside their own countries.

They do.  The moral of the story is that being a persecuted minority sucks and they have to use every tool at their disposal to keep every other religion (plus all secular views) suppressed and out of power, or they might suffer the same fate themselves.

I think that's too charitable an interpretation.  They don't terrorize and brutalize dissidents from the majority view in Muslim nations because they're scared they might some day become the minority.  It's just pre-Enlightenment dark age intolerance, ignorance, and selfishness.

(06-10-2022, 11:17 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:
(06-08-2022, 07:06 PM)Reltzik Wrote: They do.  The moral of the story is that being a persecuted minority sucks and they have to use every tool at their disposal to keep every other religion (plus all secular views) suppressed and out of power, or they might suffer the same fate themselves.

I think that's too charitable an interpretation.  They don't terrorize and brutalize dissidents from the majority view in Muslim nations because they're scared they might some day become the minority.  It's just pre-Enlightenment dark age intolerance, ignorance, and selfishness.

Eh, it's a kerfuffle.  Yes feudal- and imperial-era attitudes towards religion are heavily in play.  There's a lot of post-colonial-era fears of outside powers forcing change upon the various nations.  Some in power genuinely feel that fear, while others simply use it as a convenient point of rhetoric.

But the point of my post wasn't charity.  It was that far from those in power in Islamist nations not having absorbed lessons about about the persecution of minorities from places like India, they have instead absorbed the WRONG lessons.
"To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today." - Isaac Asimov
The following 1 user Likes Reltzik's post:
  • jerry mcmasters

(06-11-2022, 12:41 AM)Reltzik Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 11:17 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote: I think that's too charitable an interpretation.  They don't terrorize and brutalize dissidents from the majority view in Muslim nations because they're scared they might some day become the minority.  It's just pre-Enlightenment dark age intolerance, ignorance, and selfishness.

Eh, it's a kerfuffle.  Yes feudal- and imperial-era attitudes towards religion are heavily in play.  There's a lot of post-colonial-era fears of outside powers forcing change upon the various nations.  Some in power genuinely feel that fear, while others simply use it as a convenient point of rhetoric.

But the point of my post wasn't charity.  It was that far from those in power in Islamist nations not having absorbed lessons about about the persecution of minorities from places like India, they have instead absorbed the WRONG lessons.

I agree with what you are saying.  Leadership of these nations can use past western (mainly US) aggression and election interference as a cudgel against open-minded liberal citizens to say "Look we have to enforce orthodoxy- brutally- because we can't allow a wedge that the west will use to manipulate us."  And there is a part of that, historically, that is true and accurate.  But it also allows a fig leaf of nut-coverage to hide the truth, which is that often people are intolerant cunts and simply enjoy the power of fucking over those in minority positions with less or no power.

So I agree with you about those "in power" it does not at all excuse those not in power, any Muslims in a Muslim dominated nation, who without any knowledge of international history and global history, would gladly through someone gay off the roof of the tallest building.  Fuck them.

(06-10-2022, 11:09 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:

If he was actually a prophet of an all-powerful god, I'd imagine said god could handle business without protests, riots, or murders done by humans. Insallah cuts both ways, I'd think.

Gods or Wannabe Gods always seem to need assholes to carry out their nefarious little schemes.

[Image: j6-trump-stop-the-steal.jpg?resize=1800,1200&w=450]

Took you awhile Min to turn this thread into RepubliKKKunt-ism. You're slipping.

Where are you in that picture?

The handsome one.

People like me are Islamophobes. Islamophobes like me are against pedophilia, beating wives, subordinating females, killing atheists, killing homosexuals, burning art that has idols in it, etc.

Muslims represent Islam's influence no matter what scriptures they cherry pick. Rates of rape and crime are increasing in Europe and Scandinavia because of Islam's influence.

If Muslims were about to rape my child, I would incite violence for protecting him/her/them from rapists. But these European and Scandinavian authorities aren't doing anything to protect people. You can't even use a proper weapon for self-defense in most of Europe or Scandinavia legally, especially at night.

Oh, and let me tell you the real reason why these religious terrorists are called refugees in Europe. America's war criminals have been bombing middle eastern countries like Syria because of profitable wars. Syrians wanted to get rid of the petro dollar and use environmentally friendly resources for energy instead of fossil fuel or oil. America's totalitarian empire's oligarchs didn't like that, so they had war criminals bomb Syria. Now, Syria has become a destroyed country where Syrians don't know when they'll have food, water, electricity, and other resources. America's history of war crimes in the middle east is why toxic masculinity, religious fearmongering, misogyny, poor infrastructure, illiteracy, poverty, and lower I.Q.s exist there. If America's oligarchs would stop extorting money and power from most people through war crimes that Julian Assange exposed, which is why he got imprisoned, the population of religious people would significantly decrease. This includes Muslims. But European allies to America's totalitarian empire is a reason why these war crimes don't stop. Which is why the U.K. government authorities have Julian Assange imprisoned still. It's why religious terrorists disguised as refugees will keep going into European countries and harassing children, women, atheists, homosexuals, artists, etc. Nothing is being done to protect people from America's totalitarian oligarchs who are responsible for war crimes that cause these refugees to flee their countries. Which is why we are having war crimes, a globally economic crisis, an energy crisis, journalists like Julian Assange being imprisoned via oligarchical censorship, Orwellian government surveillance from internet service providers, rising poverty, more illiteracy, decreasing amount of people with high intelligence, health issues, mainstream media propaganda, and corporate virtue signalling. It's a New World Order to benefit oligarchs who extort money and power. Oligarchs who have ruthlessly strategic lawyers that are usually wealthy and white men because of systemic racism, colorism, sexism, classism, bribing, lobbying, etc. in America. Corporate lawyers in America make sure oligarchs can keep bullying environmentalists, activists, union workers, and journalists like Julian Assange into slavery without significant power. That's why these middle eastern refugees can't seek refuge anywhere. Swedish authorities have even cowered down to the American war crime system via their N.A.T.O. alliance. N.A.T.O. is the American war crime system. America's oligarchs have been bullying countries economically with the help of N.A.T.O. This is why European countries have turned into tourist economies with no military and economic superpower like America does. So, European countries are just puppets with no significant power economically. That's why they started having Orwellian government surveillance from internet service providers to enslave most people through online mind control. That's why they are becoming deindustrialized shitholes where most people are worrying if they will have to heat their homes or eat. Meanwhile, superwealthy oligarchs are living luxuriously in their owned homes without worrying about starving, being cold, etc.

Well.
On hiatus.
The following 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post:
  • epronovost

I am not against muslims.

I am against all religitard fuckheads.
The following 1 user Likes Minimalist's post:
  • Chas